• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Viewpoint - Dissociatives are distinct enough substances to warrant their own forum

Yeah we certainly won't be doing that, traditionally we've been extremely cautious about implementing anything new, even to our detriment. =D But yeah, I think a "like" feature is something people like (tons of BLers and some mods have asked for it), and if it doesn't affect what content is displayed, I don't see how it hurts. All it does is allow someone's post to be publicly noted that it was liked. I am strongly against "dislike" or anything further as it opens a whole can of worms that you've illustrated (and FTR, I don't think anyone on staff is into the idea of dislikes).

basically we don't want the forum to become a popularity contest in any way or share some of the more insidious features of social media, however we do want to add any suitable features for increased user engagement that we can.

Anyway this conversation has deviated a bit from the original point but since we're in the process of upgrading and making these decisions, it is useful nonetheless.

I'm for changing the name of PD to PDD (Psychedelic & Dissociative Drugs) for now, and creating a featured sticky or header indicating to read if you're going to do dissociatives, and the post would contain a succinct summary of important information and concerns. And I think honestly the other most important and effective thing we can do is simply to make sure, as posters, to continually interject into threads the necessary HR information we want to convey.

To me, MXE may as well have been a osychedelic. Ketamine maybe. Most of the other ones not really .

I was addicted to mxe, ketamine, 3 meo pcp, 3 meo oce, o pce... Daily addiction was way different with each. 3 meo pcp basically left me a negative psychotic mess. Partly it was where I was in life, partly not. Mxe was magic, hence why it was banned so quick and quite shady things happened to some people selling it...

I was just looking for a disso sub forum a moment ago, couldn't find one, and opted for psychedelics to be the closest thing, finding this thread. I completely agree. Just dropped 100mg of MXP about 30 minutes ago, waiting for the kick in...

Maybe just change the name to "Psychedelics and Dissociatives"? That would keep the activity in one place but provide clarity for people like the poster above.

I was just looking for a disso sub forum a moment ago, couldn't find one, and opted for psychedelics to be the closest thing, finding this thread. I completely agree. Just dropped 100mg of MXP about 30 minutes ago, waiting for the kick in...
Nice! Not to go off-topic too much - have you used MXP before? I have some which I am looking forward to trying when the time is right, would be interested to hear how it goes! :)

Novel dissos subreddit was a good forum. I believe it was taken down with all dnm related subs though.

Off topic but does anyone know how much vortechs disso use was? Like how much of what drugs per day?

It's the first story I've heard of cancer and damage to organs besides the bladder or brain from dissociatives.

I know when he was staying at my house for a week it was non-stop 3-MeO-PCP and at one point he just stuck a straw in a bag and sniffed. He was off his face for a week, let's put it that way, no reason to think that week was special. I know that for a couple of years before the 3-MeO period he was doing a ton of MXE, I don't know how much though.

Also, it might accomplish a similar benefit as having two forums, in terms of highlighting dissociatrives specifically, to rename PD to PDD (Psychedelics & Dissociatives Discussion).

I also think this is a good compromise.