• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Best State for Medical Marijuana Patients?

cpp

Greenlighter
My state is pretty shit, even though we legalized. I moved here and it was a huge mistake. All they care about is stoners. And while I love stoners and am one myself, I am also a medical patient and it's ridiculous here trying to get CBD oil. Not only is the healthcare REALLY shit, but the weed shops sneer at people with cards, charge way higher for cbd and there are just a tiny few medical stores even left here (where i can skip the tax with my card, which is HUGE), though there are a ton of rec shops. Even the budtenders are stupid. Ive asked them before to give me whatever, 1 hybrid, 1 sativa, 1 indica, got home to read about the strains and oh hell no, they didn't even give me those three basic strains. Shit like that.

So, any travelers out there? From what I can tell just from reading off and on for years, Colorado is probably the best. I mean, maybe cali, but I sure can't afford to live there. I know MA has really good prices, but the weather there, no. WA is right OUT.

Anyone?

TIA

Each state has different requirements and benefits for becoming a legal patient.

To find out what state is best for you, you will need to do research on your own conditions and ailments. It sounds like you are more concerned with the weather than your own health.

I know what the requirements are. But wait, because I won't move all the way across the country to where it snows more than it does here, I'm more concerned with that than my health? I moved to the PNW from Nashville, so try again. That answer was not helpful and did not answer, or even attempt to answer the OP. But FYI I have 2 friends who live in MA who are in torment for half the year, both with access to mmj and pain meds. so, whatever.

My state is pretty shit, even though we legalized. I moved here and it was a huge mistake. All they care about is stoners. And while I love stoners and am one myself, I am also a medical patient and it's ridiculous here trying to get CBD oil. Not only is the healthcare REALLY shit, but the weed shops sneer at people with cards, charge way higher for cbd and there are just a tiny few medical stores even left here (where i can skip the tax with my card, which is HUGE), though there are a ton of rec shops. Even the budtenders are stupid. Ive asked them before to give me whatever, 1 hybrid, 1 sativa, 1 indica, got home to read about the strains and oh hell no, they didn't even give me those three basic strains. Shit like that.

So, any travelers out there? From what I can tell just from reading off and on for years, Colorado is probably the best. I mean, maybe cali, but I sure can't afford to live there. I know MA has really good prices, but the weather there, no. WA is right OUT.

Anyone?

TIA
CBD products are still underproduced in Cali region.

Colorado's hemp market is booming, you'd probably find the cheapest CBD there. My next guess would be Oregon. CA's market is set up similar to WA and most medical shops have closed down and caregivers moved on or gone full black market. Growing for yourself in a legal fashion isn't really all that practical here anymore imo.

I'm really leaning heavily towards CO. I've thought about OR, because they basically made people have to go to med stores to get rec weed. OR would be nice, since it's a lot closer, but it hasn't been legal there for very long. I should investigate. I've heard differing reports since legalization there in CA. I remember a lot about the db the govt seized, mendicino county, etc. But I can't afford to live there anyway :( I grow here, but we have such a small space to grow, and we're not proficient at making oil yet, esp the dosing part. We make edibles, and they help some, but not like oil does. I'm sensitive to concentrates, so I basically stay away from mostly THC oils and such, but cbd does me right. There is a black market here. A lot of people speculate that it's because the stores are getting rid of older merchandise. I should see if I can get some that way. I still hate this town with all my being tho lol

Colorado's hemp market is booming, you'd probably find the cheapest CBD there. My next guess would be Oregon. CA's market is set up similar to WA and most medical shops have closed down and caregivers moved on or gone full black market. Growing for yourself in a legal fashion isn't really all that practical here anymore imo.

Hemp based CBD is legal in all 50 states, and you can easily source it out of Colorado from any state. That's what I do. It's also as cheap as their medical marijuana, which I've also had.

Medical marijuana is not derived from hemp. It's called cannabis.

Dude CBD products in shops are going to obsolete unless they are selling crystalized cbd. You can easily get CBD crystals online you just have to find the right source. There is one source that only sells max of 1 gram cbd ****No Prices Please**** and it comes in small crystals almost like a powder and then there is another the sells it cheaper and up to an ounce (the more you buy the cheaper it gets) I think a gram from them is ****No Prices Please**** they poured it and let it solidify as a slab so its a bit of a pain to work with.

Definitely stop looking for good cheap cbd in shops its a waste of time just get it online.

Also you have to really inspect the bud youre buying. most of its out door. you cant expect a stoner bud tender to give you the best bang for your buck its all the same to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I've never paid that much for a gram. And the crystals should be the same price as the slabs btw.

that's not real cannabis cbd. that is hemp oil. cbd is not legal to buy online.

anyway, i went to the best medical shop today and it's more than 2x the $ for cbd than straight thc. sick of it but i guess it is what it is, another disability tax.