Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Cops (Claim To) Smell Weed on 16yo Boy, So They Beat the Hell Out of Him

yepyepwoah

Bluelighter
Video In Link

Absolutely sickening to watch.

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-smell-marijuana-beating-teen/

New Castle, DE ? As the Free Thought Project has reported numerous times, the only thing dangerous about marijuana is what happens when the police catch you with it. Marijuana will not kill you, but the police officers who find you with it just might. The violent arrest of a 16-year-old Delaware boy over the weekend proves this notion.

The boy, identified by his family as Roger Darnell Brown was outside talking with his friend on Saturday because he?d just gotten a brand new dirt bike and wanted to show it off. The boys weren?t breaking into cars or vandalizing the neighborhood of stealing things. They were just being boys hanging out.

However, as they stood in the front yard, two cops claimed to smell marijuana and this peaceful hangout quickly turned violent.

Roger was straddling the bike when police arrived and told him to get off it, Mary Fleming, Roger?s mother told Delaware Online.

According to Fleming, the bike did not have a kickstand so Roger stood up and was walking the bike over to lean it against the house when he was tackled by the officers.

Naturally, being tackled by two men with guns made Roger uncomfortable so he began to try to wriggle away. This movement was perceived as ?resisting? by the officers who then begin to repeatedly punch the teen in the face.

As the video shows, the officers are holding the teen down as one of them continues punching Roger in the face. Roger eventually stops squirming and just tries to shield his face from the repeated blows.

During the struggle the officers demand the teen stop filming and at one point the officer in the blue shirt appears to place his hand on his gun in an act of intimidation. As he turns his attention back to beating Roger, backup arrives and demands the teen stop filming. But the teen tells police that he has a right to film, which is entirely correct.

After Roger was placed in handcuffs, police arrested him and charged him with multiple crimes after finding ?numerous? bags of marijuana on him.

He was taken into custody and his mother has yet to see him. He will likely have to spend some time in jail and this will forever tarnish the rest of his life?for selling a plant.

After his mother saw the video, she filed a formal complaint with the police department which has sparked an internal investigation.

?It?s an internal investigation right now,? Cpl. Michel Eckerd, a spokesman for the department said. ?We always hold our officers to the highest standards of police conduct, and a complete review of this incident is underway.?

Roger?s family has retained an attorney, Chris Johnson, who says he wants the state?s attorney general?s officer to investigate these officers.

?We believe it was unreasonable and excessive force used to apprehend Roger,? Johnson said.

In speaking with Delaware Online over the weekend, Fleming explained how traumatizing this entire scenario has been.

?It?s horrible. I?m so scared,? Fleming said. ?My heart is broken, I just want to talk to my kid.?

Fleming explained that she?s been unable to talk to her son and has no idea what his physical condition is.

?Oh, it?s the worst feeling in the world,? she said. ?It?s ridiculous, and I?m so upset.?

Indeed, watching your child get beaten up and kidnapped because he was accused of selling a plant is utterly ridiculous.

Below is the video that police tried so hard to stop from being taken. It shows just how brutal and insane this failed war on drugs has become.

Cannabis is not just a plant it's a mind altering drug.

the cops are dicks but it really annoys me when people say marijuana is just a plant. Opium is a just a plant too I guess.

weed alters your emotional state not your mental state. you wont find stories of someone who has gone on a murdering spree or robbed banks while high on marijuana. that shit only correlates to the hard drugs that are mixed with fucked off chemicals to get you to that "state of mind".

^Thats splitting hairs, and even then, no. People go into psychosis on weed, it's a drug, it's a psychedelic and it can cause distress. I'm all for legal weed but people need to stop sugar coating it.

weed alters your emotional state not your mental state

Doesn't the above argument seem just a tad fallacious (to put it mildly) to anyone other than myself?

To be clear, I am absolutely fine with Cannabis legalization. But
falsifiedhypothesi is correct that it can cause distress -- panic attacks in particular, right?

I think it's fair to claim that no drug is 100% risk free.

Doesn't the above argument seem just a tad fallacious (to put it mildly) to anyone other than myself?

Absolutely. THC is a psychoactive substance without doubt and it can be a powerful one.

The only argument I would bring forward to distinguish cannabis from most other drugs is that it is impossible to accidentally ingest enough to cause an OD that would cause physical damage or death.
And even if someone wanted wanted to intentionally attempt to cause damage to himself, he would need to do so much work to extract and ingest enough psychoactives that it would not make sense to use cannabis.

the cops are dicks but it really annoys me when people say marijuana is just a plant. Opium is a just a plant too I guess.

I agree. It's all part of this underlying bullshit people think about human made chemicals being inherently bad while natural chemicals are inherently good. Which of course is total nonsense.

Anthrax is natural, smallpox is natural, ricin is natural. All sorts of plants produce cardiotoxins. Being a plant means nothing and being natural vs man made means nothing.