• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone question

Ganjcat

Bluelighter
What would happen if I took suboxone while on codeine?

How long do the subliminal suboxone take to dissolve in your mouth?

I am not on suboxone I am asking for a friend.

If you?re addicted to codeine and take large doses of it and then took suboxone you would go into precipitated withdrawal because the suboxone would knock the codeine off your receptors in your brain.

If you were to get on suboxone you would have to wait until you were 24-48 hours into withdrawal to make the transition, and it would take a few days before you felt normal again. Bupe is a lot stronger than codeine so make sure you only take a small piece (like 1-2 mg of suboxone) to start.

what should you do if you do get in precipitated withdrawal how can you tell its not.normal withdrawal and is it possible to break through suboxone with enough codeine etc I have tried searching but cant find these specific answers

You would only be plunged into precipitated withdrawal if you were physically dependant upon codeine. Would you/they normally suffer from withdrawal symptoms if you/they didn't take codeine? If so, then taking buprenorphine could be a bad idea. Precipitated withdrawal is not really any different from normal withdrawal, except it hits all at once at full intensity rather than coming on gradually as it would usually do. I highly doubt you could reverse it by taking shitloads of codeine due to the ceiling effect.

what should you do if you do get in precipitated withdrawal how can you tell its not.normal withdrawal and is it possible to break through suboxone with enough codeine etc I have tried searching but cant find these specific answers

You would be able to tell its not normal because it'll be about 50 times worse. What it does is sends you into the worst possible withdrawal instantly.. like you'll curl up in a ball, cold sweating and shaking, you'll know because you'll want to die. It's terrible.

Taking codeine after being sent into withdrawal would help slightly but it won't completely save you. Take it from me my friend, do not make this mistake. Wait a long time before switching over to suboxone.

I'd also warn you, getting addicted to subs is a lot worse and deeper down the scale than codeine. your best bet would be to stay on codeine or quit, suboxone withdrawals were the hardest thing i've ever gone through. It lasted 14-21 days.