• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time heroin side effects I feel really hot

Chanel_Junkie

Greenlighter
I've been heroin all weekend. it was great and I loved it of course I got into the habit of enjoying the ritual with the spoon and ligter it followed me into the week. and things are getting progressively worse. first thing I noticed was I was just farting air. Which was odd and I knew something was wrong with my stomach. Today has been by far the worst. (and the best :Cool: ) I plugged a fair amount and I got a crazy rush like e used to be for me just really awesome. but when that wore off I started to notice all these things that were wrong with me, First off, my skin ffeels hot and I have the AC pumping hard on a relatively cold day today. The skin on my face is red and it feels irriatated and burned like I got sun burned. It looks like it's swelling and I spent more than half the day violently hiccuping I was wondering if it was possible I had an allergic reaction of some kind... Does this sound like side effects of heroin? or is this part of the withdrawls? my face stills really hot and it looks swollen almost and red and it's really disconcerting that is what prompted me to come here and make this post asking if anyone has had any experience with these types of symptoms before. I thought maybe it was possible it's just from itching it alot and without realizing it I tore my skin up because I was so high the past 5 days. Another thing that really bothers me is the insomnia.

The gas & hiccups are common especially with high doses. Feeling warm is extremely common, but the skin thing sounds like a strong/extreme histamine reaction - again, quite common (& a true allergic rxn is due to histamine release but I don't think you're truly allergic, to h). Scratching it due to the itching (caused by histamine) could absolutely be a factor, I've scratched myself up pretty badly on occasion. It sounds like you aren't yet in withdrawal, if you will even experience it. How long ago did you last use? And you were IVing before plugging?

H can cause insomnia but so can withdrawal, though usually sweating, restlessness, muscle aches esp in legs kick in as well. But 5 days use probably won't cause real WD, so the insomnia may be you only after effect. But if you plugged earlier today it should still be in your system for a while, long enough that I wouldn't expect WD symptoms until at least tomorrow. If you get many or any.

Last edited:
Most of this sounds like you just got really, really high.

Strong opioids can really mess with the normal function of your digestive system, and some people are more sensitive to those effects than others. As for being hot, there were a few times over the years when I've experienced that side-effect in a very severe manner. I had been shooting a ton of hydromorphone, and I was in my living room sweating my ass off, in the middle of a very cold winter, with all the windows open. That is a really severe example, but it happens.

Insomnia is normal. Don't get high before you go to bed. That should help a lot.

I agree with Fairnymph about the strong histamine reaction. Try an antihistamine if you do this again, which I strongly advise you not to do. It sounds like you really love the dope, and it's very easy to get addicted when you enjoy it so much. Heroin addiction is no joke! I'm not being moralistic in saying this, I'm just speaking from experience. It really messed up my life. Be careful!

Most of this sounds like you just got really, really high.
Well that is most certainly true. It just feels like by the 3rd or 4th day at times it woufd feet like I had a fever. My lips were very dry, my face was also dry and red the skin felt like it had major inflammation and irriatation and dehydrated. It's just so strange I don't know why it feels so gross. And the heat... my ears and face feel SO flushed and overheated,How do I stop this shit from happpening again in the future? I get so hot do not like Another stange side effect I have noticed is involuntary muslce spazz sometimes sudden and strong. That is not during the wd. That is while I'm on it

I'm not sure! I ate oxy and hydros for a while, then oxy and snorting opana, then mixed heroin(black tar) in when I ran out, then shot hydromorphone for several years. I never experienced any of what you are describing in this last post, aside from the heat. I didn't experience inflammation, ever, and never scratched myself to where I had skin problems, and never had muscle spasms. I did dope for a long time, too! At least a gram a day, for seven years. I never ran out of money. The only problem was when my dealer didn't show up.

I wish I had more answers for you. Maybe it has something to do with fent or other adulterants, or your personal physiology. I hope someone else can help you more. Much love. <3

I acknowledge the following isn’t the greatest of help, but scratching of the skin was very common with myself and others when introduced to brown. I would literally scratch until I drew blood in some cases, and it felt great. Like some sort of climax building up&#55358;&#56631;&#55356;&#57339;‍♂️.
Small input but just chucking it in, perfectly normal to scratch like hell!!

I just had a very similar reaction to heroin too... do you live in Massachusetts by chance? I wonder if it?s a certain batch going around .. this never happened to me in the past

Drink some fluid man! Instant cure is an ice cold shower it will hurt at first but after you will feel very refreshed as it reduces your core body temperature.

Never heard of the muscle spasms (except in wd); that makes me suspect a cut or cuts. Maybe fentanyl?

Man fetanyl is fucking scary my uncle who has used H for over 20 years smoking it sometimes after a hit he literaly cant breath I mean not like his lungs are to relaxed like they are closing up and spasming and he has been smoking it for 20 YEARS!