• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Will Chlorpromazine (Thorazine, Largactil) interfere with DXM? (need to know ASAP)

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I only like to take enough DXM for a second plateau so I'm not after the dissociative effects of the third and fourth plateau.
Will taking Chlorpromazine inhibit or otherwise take away from the effects of DXM? (it's no big deal whether I take or leave the Chlorpromazine)

Honestly I think it's dose dependent (see below) but I would not forego your normal dose of any psyche med or at least not delay it for long.
As for specific change of effect regarding the DXM I don't have first hand experience and will defer to others.

A functional neurochemical assay showed that, at concentrations similar to those found in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) of schizophrenics, antipsychotic drugs augment NMDA activity while, at higher concentrations, NMDA activity is suppressed. Using similar analysis, the present paper reports that this pattern of response is also shown by the antipsychotic drugs thioridazine and chlorpromazine.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9295192