The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

*Section 35 Massachusetts Experiences*

Kmccartttt

Bluelighter
In Ma, you can be held on a section 35 which is, ?Section 35 is a Massachusetts law that allows a qualified person to request a court order requiring someone to be civilly committed and treated involuntarily for an alcohol or substance use disorder.?

Was wondering if anyone else on here has gone through it. It?s horrible. Jan 2016 there was a foot of snow on the ground. 60-70 people in one room detoxing on hospital beds. Farting, groaning, irritable. No one wants to be there. I got sent to Bridgewater state prison. The CO?s are dicks. They call you junkies an just treat you unhumane. I remember the kid next to me got thrown in the hole cause he was in bed with the blankets over his head. They can hold you up to 90 days it was a nightmare.

Please share your experiences. Thanks BL?rs

That sounds awful. I have a family member who was held under the Marchman Act in Florida but that was a court ordered rehab. I'm going to move this to the regional forum. Glad you're out of there and welcome to Bluelight! :)

And I thought it was bad my family got control of my SSI. This shit just sounds straight up like an infringement on people's rights. Not to mention someone's really gonna change from forced treatment...

Last edited:
I was sectioned a number of years ago by my mother when I was on a crazy k binge. I remember I was on strict probation at the time and was doing tons of k and dxm because they couldnt test for it. I got sectioned and ended up going to the better place in Brockton. I was there for maybe 11 days and got them to let me leave because i wasnt detoxing. It definitely sucked getting suprised arrested and sent away to this place. I was involved with a lot of shit then and got just pulled out of my life. But went right back to it when i got home and ended up in jail a few months later. I definitely have heard horror stories about getting sectioned to Bridgewater for sure though.

Yea the place in brockton is straight. The surprise arrest definitely sucks tho. Out of no where they cuff you an bring you to this place. I was only 19 Bridgewater was a bad hit

A lot of my buddies were at Bridgewater - they said it was a fucking zoo.

I got sent to Worchester State for my forensic evaluation, with substance abuse disorder though it wasn't under section 35. About a code grey a day, but the place was wicked nice in regards to the color scheme, electronics, showers in your room, etc.