View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

what is the 3rd plateau dose of DXM?

Vexanize

Bluelighter
All that I am wanting to know is what the 3rd plateau dose for DXM is??? I see it's around 7.5mg/kg but I have no idea what that means in subject to actual dose in mg. I have taken DXM before and my highest dose was 720mg, in which music sounded wonderful. Is this the dose of which I should expect a trip? Thank you!:) (I am a 17 year old 240lb male)

It's very easy to calculate if you know the mg/kg you're aiming for. You're 240 pounds, you can google pounds to kg, but it's 2.2 pounds per kg. So 240 pounds ~ 109kg (240 divided by 2.2). So then at 109 kg, if you want 7.5mg/kg, you just multiply 109 by 7.5 = 817.5mg.

Just remember that everybody reacts differently to chemicals, and the plateaus are just a statistically made model. Don't go too fast too high, sometimes less is more with dissociatives and especially DXM. When I was in your age, I fell for that DXM plateau calculator and had very bad trips when I wanted to go for the 3rd plateau and jumped from nice 300-400mg straight to 750mg, it was one of the worst horrible nights in my life.

I figured it would be okay since he said he had taken 720mg before which isn't a lot lower than the dose he was asking to be calculated. But yes, to anyone reading this, if you haven't done DXM before or have only done a much lower amount, do NOT jump up so fast. You could be a poor metabolizer of the CYP2D6 enzyme which means DXM would be much stronger for you, and get yourself into a dangerous situation. Or it might just be too much for you.

Yeah I agree. Well, for the report: I took around 800mg of DXM. I passed out and woke up tripping and had the weird "robo-walk". I saw a bunch of patterns and everything was nice. I got some insight into my drug usage and I told myself that I needed to cut down on things, so overall, a positive experience. Thanks for the info guys. I didn't specify that this was actually a HR post (I didn't want to kms from too much, or worse, get PTSD from a bad trip; although I do have bad trip flashbacks already).