• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP, my friends

LopLover

Bluelighter
Missing my old friends from Boise--Linda, Lori, Monte, Sonny, Dave & many more. I don't know why some of us die and some of us get another chance. I've been clean and sober though chronically ill as a result of smoking, drinking, and shooting drugs, for almost 10 years a day at a time. Miss you guys so much! I've learning Zen Buddhism and hope to take the precepts this coming year, which is something like baptism, although it doesn't involve water and they don't do it to babies. You have to learn some stuff first. I'm still working on my survivor's guilt for being alive when all of you aren't. But you might be the lucky ones after all. I may be working your karma off so you don't have to come back and do it again. Namaste.

Thanks, guys. I've been away from the forum for a couple of years and just came back to check in. Things are much the same as last time I posted, although we've all been through COVID in that time. I've finally found some peace regarding my absent friends, and am still fighting the good fight against all the damage addiction did to my body. And I'm still sober, though back on Suboxone. My only wish is that we had a methadone clinic locally, as Sub really doesn't do it for me. I have reasons why moving is not an option, so this is what it is. .