• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mixing hydrocodone and alcohol

dildobaggins69

Greenlighter
SWIM who was prescribed 10/325 hydros for back pain gets high anxiety and altogether feeling shitty 6-8 hours after taking 20mg of hydrocodone (which seems to be a moderate dose, doesn't have at all the same effects it did a week ago, mostly just a mild high). Redosing seems to help so 10mg were taken but a couple shots of whiskey sound nice right about now.

How risky is it mixing alcohol with hydrocodone? Is it all that bad even in small doses? Is it really really terrible mixing with the APAP?

Hi db69, Welcome to BL

I would have to advise against taking a shot or two on top of the (3) 10/325's for a few reasons. Mainly, yes, it's bad to combine a CNS depressant with an opioid. Whether it's a Valium, Ambien, Soma or alcohol. It's always difficult to gauge what might be mildly synergistic to passed out or worse.

Secondly the 975mg of APAP combined with that EtOH is not liver friendly. But even if you throw caution to the wind, a shot tends to make the upset stomach that usually comes with multiple 10/325's kick in much faster ruining the experience. I would stick with just one thing at a time, having foolishly mixed 10/325's with a shot of bourbon myself (long ago), I can attest it was not a good combo even if it was safe.

Also we don't use the term SWIM or AFOAF, etc. bluelight.org/-We-don-t- use-SWIM-Here

Happy Posting

Good to hear, this is all sound advice that I will definitely heed! It's hard to gauge sometimes when i barely feel the drugs and have a good tolerance to alcohol. I do remember years back combining anti-anxiety meds with 2 shots and blacking out though so i really should be careful!

From now on i'm going to go easy on the pills. Admittedly i took 2 so i could feel a little buzz but it's soo not worth it, i barely even feel the buzz anymore and it's only been a week of taking them! Would rather have a beer any day lol

Yeah, i noticed the "no SWIMming" rule after i posted and felt like a dork! Been a long time lurker of BL forums and used to see people always using it

Thanks for the advice! Cheers!

Anytime :)

Yeah, a fast rising tolerance is one of the Achilles heels of opioid pain meds. You picked a good time to quit them though as with another weeks use you might find that a physical tolerance has begun to develop. Then you can plan on a few days of feeling crappy just to stop taking the things. Hope the back pain is better now.