View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Taking acid again after 2 days

Dominyckst1998

Greenlighter
I took one tab of acid yesterday at 4am and have one more tab left and am wondering if I take it tomorrow afternoon will I have any visuals? Im not looking for the headspace you get on acid I just want to experience the visuals.

YMMV, but visuals are the part of the high that decreases the most with tolerance.
Thank being said, in 2 days your tolerance should be low.

After two days? From a single tab?

Expect *very* little in the way of visuals. Basically a waste of a tab, IMO.

Yeah you probably will barely trip, it will feel like a half tab or less. It'll work much better if you wait at least a week.

If you double or triple the dose, you can easily trip two days in close succession, I do this often with large breaks before and after. I often feel the 2nd trip with a higher dose is more enjoyable than the first one (more comfortable to go deeper since you're "warmed up" from the previous trip), huge diminishing returns if you try a 3rd day though.

If you double or triple the dose, you can easily trip two days in close succession, I do this often with large breaks before and after. I often feel the 2nd trip with a higher dose is more enjoyable than the first one (more comfortable to go deeper since you're "warmed up" from the previous trip), huge diminishing returns if you try a 3rd day though.

This is true, however if you do this more than every once in a while you will jack up your tolerance for a long time. If you make a habit of tripping frequently, even weekly, for long periods of time, it makes it very difficult to have profound/meaningful trips... they become rather ordinary feeling, still fun, but basically a waste and you're unable to have trips like you used to unless you take a lot of time off. Tripping once a week for a few weeks and then taking a break works pretty well, but you have to be careful. it's best to wait at least 2 weeks between trips, and even better to just trip infrequently when the time is right. I tripped so much years ago that it took me a good 5 years with no psychedelics to be able to trip worth anything again.

This is true, however if you do this more than every once in a while you will jack up your tolerance for a long time. If you make a habit of tripping frequently, even weekly, for long periods of time, it makes it very difficult to have profound/meaningful trips... they become rather ordinary feeling, still fun, but basically a waste and you're unable to have trips like you used to unless you take a lot of time off. Tripping once a week for a few weeks and then taking a break works pretty well, but you have to be careful. it's best to wait at least 2 weeks between trips, and even better to just trip infrequently when the time is right. I tripped so much years ago that it took me a good 5 years with no psychedelics to be able to trip worth anything again.

I don't trip ~8 months out of the year just because of shitty weather so maybe that helps, but I'll indulge two days in a row/a day in between once or twice a summer. If its done very occasional I don't think their is much risk of loss of psychedelic magic. If I plan to do this I wont trip for at least a month prior and at least a month after.

I think if someone is wanting to try a high dose of LSD, I'd say its totally advisable to take a small or very small dose the day or two prior. I think of it like a mental stretch/warm up before mental exercising. I might take a 1/2 tab of acid I'm familiar with the per-tab-dose, and then the next day or day after take 3 or 4 and it produces a muuuuuuuch more enjoyable/relaxed experience than going in on 3 or 4 tabs to begin with. Especially if I hadn't tripped for months and months prior and a high dose would catch me off guard. It's like dipping your toe in the water before jumping in.

Last edited:
Yeah agreed, I do the same, I trip a lot more often in the summer. A couple of times a summer I go to music festivals and I usually trip 2 days in a row then, and I'll do every weekend for a couple of months usually, but then I trip rarely the rest of the year. Works for me.

I think that if we are talking LSD only, 3 days give me an almost complete tolerance reset, given I abstain from any other drug and that I didn't use stims or psychedelics too often in the weeks before.
For psychedelics in the amphetamine class that one might find on blotter, it is true that about a week is needed for a tolerance reset.

Waste unless you take a much larger dose.

For me lysergamides take 10-14 days to work again normally.

Tryptamines are more forgiving and I can take them with just 3 days apart especially because they are so cheap so taking more isn't expensive + they can be imed or ived which further boosts potency.

Waste of tabs unless you have heavy cash flow.
learned that the hard way wasting many al-lad blotters

had great trip the previous day tried the next with 0 effect... strangely enough it does work if I take it at the end of trip 1 when I'm still tripping lightly and gives a trip of about the same intensity at the same dose, but once I've slept the tolerance hits and I need an enormous amount if I want to trip again

we were on vacation once and I tripped for like 24h+ on al-lad (around 20-25 blotters taken around 5-6 every few h) + 2c-c (~200-300mg) + mxe (idk 100-200mg i guess...) tripped went to sleep woke up in the morning still tripping took more.... that was in summer 2014 when I had just bought 50 al-lad blotters from the second batch ever made

another time I took 2x al-lad (300 ug) and as it was ending 1mg 25c-nboh and the nboh was super intense

but overall unless you have a huge supply it's really a waste

generally I stick to at least 2 weeks with lysergamides , usually more since the set&setting isn't right and I don't want to be high all the time