• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Cold Turkey Valium/Zoloft/Baclofen

ShakyDetox

Greenlighter
I am currently using 30mg valium, 100mg zoloft and 30mg baclofen. I am in tolerance for the Valium, Zoloft does nothing and I get withdrawls like GHB from Baclofen.
I am want to cold turkey all of them at once since I am in tolerance from the Valium I could not tapper the Baclofen and I have been kindled by benzo's and tapering does not work...
I was thinking to use Phenibut to avoid grand mal seizures and psychosis etc.

Honestly, I do not think cold turkey is a particularly good idea. Doing this with any gabaergic drug is really dangerous, and you are talking about 2 at once- the risk of prolonged and intense withdrawal is really a concern here. Have you cold turkeyed diazepam before?

What do you mean 'tapering doesn't work'?

Phenibut works in a broadly similar way to ghb and baclofen so you're really just swapping one dependence for another though definitely a good idea to have something for seizures/psychosis if you intend to do this.

If you must cold turkey, at least do the baclofen and then the diazepam- both at once seems risky af tbh.

No. This is a very dangerous idea. Your going to be at a huge risk for siezure. Your on a complicated combination of drugs. I hope you will consider consulting with a doctor to come up with a plan. At the very least tape each drug one at a time.

What they said. You could probably taper the Zoloft & Baclofen together fairly quickly, over 1-2wks, but I would do those first for sure & the Valium last. Valium is easier to taper off than other benzos to how long it stays in the system, and saving it for last should make tapering off the other 2 easier.

But it's rarely a good idea to stop taking meds you've been taking daily suddenly. Certainly not these meds. How long have you been on each?

There is a seizure risk for both baclofen and benzo WD, so you're doubling your risk by cold turkeying them at the same time. You really should do this under a physician's supervision. The Ashton Manual is probably the definitive guide to tapering off benzos. Schedule 2 on this page is a slow taper schedule for diazepam:

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

The site benzo.org.uk is also chock full of good information.

I haven't had direct experience with phenibut, but my understanding is that tolerance builds quickly and withdrawals are a bitch. Instead of using it as a substitute for baclofen (they both act on the same receptor sites), a slow taper off baclofen is probably better.