• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Prescribed Dexamphetamine after years of Meth

Headfirst

Greenlighter
I?ve used meth since 2012. Probably 100 times at least. It helps me focus, gives me hyper sexuality and it?s the only way I can not feel socially awkward and look people in the eyes.

Fast forward to 2019 and have been diagnosed with ADHD. Given Dexamphetamine. Took it and didn?t notice much difference. No urge to clean or focus on work. Took 20mg.

I?m wondering if my meth tolerance will stop the therapeutic dose of Dexamphetamine from working?

I need to be able to get that concentration I get from meth but at 20mg the Dex really didn?t cut it. What should I do?

I?m wondering if my meth tolerance will stop the therapeutic dose of Dexamphetamine from working?

It will not. You probably lost tolerance. You won't get a methamphetamine-like high from dexedrine. It's going to be short-lived, and not energetic at all. It's very different.

but at 20mg the Dex really didn?t cut it. What should I do?

Have a pot of coffee and try 20mg? I'm not sure really.

The dex is a way "cleaner" form of amph. It's purer and my experience is that the dosage should be way higher to reach the effect you are looking for.
My exwife was given 210 pills of 5mg a month to keep her up and running and being able to do the chores she needed to do, with the right mindset...
The doctor at the time was quite helpfull, for the amount of pills left each month was enough to trade the leftover dex to support my diazepam habit at the time.

So 20mg is a very small amount imo and indeed equals a good cup of coffee....

20 amp is roughly equivalent to 500 caffeine from my schooling, but they can't really be equated in my experience.

They usually on prescribe 60mg a day in total. Breaking that over 8 house working day and it?s not a lot when the duration isn?t long.