• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much Acetaminophen is safe for ONE DOSE?

cottonxcandy

Bluelighter
I've been searching all over the board and I've found that 3000-4000mg is the daily limit, but how much Acetaminophen is safe for me to take in one dose? Can anyone help me out with this? Thank you!

Its probably also all over the board, but in one dose, the consensus is 1000mg.

Admittedly I frequently take 2500mg all at once and the worst that happens is I yak in a couple hours or I yak when I wake up the next day.

I believe taking more than 1000mg at once is too much for your liver to metabolize and this is where problems arise. Your liver won't give out (probably) if you go over 1000 but under 4000mg, but Id bet money that the cumulative effects of this, long term, will lead to liver damage.

I suck at doing CWE so I usually just suck it up and take my 2500mg but I know I need to stop and find a better solution.

Its probably also all over the board, but in one dose, the consensus is 1000mg.

Admittedly I frequently take 2500mg all at once and the worst that happens is I yak in a couple hours or I yak when I wake up the next day.

I believe taking more than 1000mg at once is too much for your liver to metabolize and this is where problems arise. Your liver won't give out (probably) if you go over 1000 but under 4000mg, but Id bet money that the cumulative effects of this, long term, will lead to liver damage.

I suck at doing CWE so I usually just suck it up and take my 2500mg but I know I need to stop and find a better solution.

I have seen something about 1000mg, but then I also keep seeing as long as you keep it below 3000-4000mg in a day you'll be okay.

I'm really wondering if doing 1300 mg twice in one day, and then once the next day is going to be a problem... thank you for the quick response!

I would say not to break 2g in a single dose, but try to stay below that. That being said, if you do a CWE, you can remove the opiates from the APAP.

Don't pass the 4g a day limit, I did it once and I was puking for an hour. I managed to hold it down long enough to absorb the hydrocodone, but still, I was real uncomfortable.

I'd say 2g/dose, presuming you have no known liver problems & are in good health.

Not to encourage unsafe behaviour, but there are some freaks like myself on whom APAP has no effects, good or bad (I have essentially no CYP2E1 & low CYP1A2 & CYP2D6, along with other unusually high & low CYP enzymes). You'd need to get tested to confirm your liver enzymes can withstand more APAP, but I can take ridiculous amounts with no effects. That said, APAP's safety is generally extremely exaggerated IMO & I think everyone should avoid it as much as possible.

Last edited:
I do not recommend at all and this was with a tolerance to both as I have hadchonic back pain for most of my life. For any kind of relief from my back pain I have had to take at least 3G and up to five per dose. Sometimes exceeding 15g per day. Extremely unhealthy yes, and even worse for me considering I have only one large kidney from congenital scoliosis. My largest dose of compound opiod meds was 18 10/325 hydrocodones within 3 hours. So 7350mgs. That led to acetaminophen poisoning which I idiotically rode out curled into e fetal position, frying and screaming when the cramps allowed. It was by far worse than any pain in my life, I thought I would die which I certainly could have maybe even should have. I even tried to take more by filtering out what I could and plugging/ drinking maybe 10 more. I was desperate and an idiot, one of the many time I've survived my fatal decision making process. It felt like my stomach was swelling up like a balloon, physically it was hard and maybe 2x to 3 it's normal size mentally and subjective to the pain it was 10x and fit to burst, burning like lava. So fucking terrible, so terrible fucking stupid. Safely a 180lb healthy male with a regular hydro/oxy tolerance should be able to handle 3250 or 10 tens. Won't kill you from several individual uses but repeated habitual use at that level will lead to liver stomach and kidney damage and eventually death not recommended. Chronic pain- opioid/app combos: contraindicated.

^^^Jesus. I'm sorry to hear but always good to hear a firsthand experience. Have you had any testing done since to assess your liver (& kidney) function? If not, I recommend that. I was on hydrocodone w/APAP for years for my menstrual cramps - thankfully just 1-3 days of pain per month - and have had to take doses around yours, but I'm half your weight! - though it really goes to show weight is not everything in dosing. Btw, I have idiopathic scoliosis (severe). Is that the cause of your pain also?

One thing I found that eventually got me put on Norco was that though on its own APAP doesn't bother me, combined with opiates it causes/increases nausea.

The safe dose is obviously 1000mg per dose and 4000mg per day.

The toxic dose of Acetaminophen is 200mg/kg so if you times your body weight in kilograms by 200 you'll get how many miligrams would be toxic (dangerous) for you to take.

As a safety precaution I have to recommend you do NOT have more than 4000mg in a single day. I myself do have up to 16000mg two days a week but this is very inadvisable.