• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

E-juice using (VG) and concentrates?

Trip420

Greenlighter
I've been trying to get a good recipe for suspending my wax or other concentrates into juice for my vape pens. I bought a bottle of organic vegetable glycerin and tried to just use that but it didn't work, and I tried dissolving the wax into alcohol then mixing it with the VG but nothing..

Hi and welcome to Bluelight. You may get more responses in Cannabis Discussion so I'll move it there :)

The VG method is really slow and for the most part pretty poor, though a few years back a few companies figured out how to do it enough to sell I guess.

I think adding terpenes, or even specifically d-limonene, might make the concentrate "runny" enough to wick and be filled via syringe.

I can tell you that with distillate and terpenes it will definitely work as I have seen and done this many times, but with other concetrates it's a bit trickier, but there are people doing it.

Also welcome to Bluelight! Feel free to message me and I'm very curious to see where this thread goes.

PG is thinner, doesn't gunk up as quick and is more neutral tasting than VG. PG is all around easier to work with. Terpenes are great for mixing into the PG solution and will help dissolve your cannabinoids, but it's mostly personal preference when it comes to the ratios of terpenes to use. I've recently discovered that I prefer a lot more beta caryophyllene and linalool in my solutions as apposed to something like alpha pinene.

To mix, I have used a double broiler on low heat. This allows your cannabinoids to dissolve into a solution with a controlled environment preventing the loss of terpenes or worse.

With that said, if you are new to making your own juice and simply want an easy process you can purchase a pre-mixed product with PG and terps already in solution. Products like Wax Liquidizer allow you to do all of this with ease using only your microwave for 10 seconds to get the job done.

The biggest difference I've found with buying pre mixes and using your own comes down to taste. My solutions taste better to me because I make them exactly how I want.