• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Question about MDMA and drug abuse

Jaredborgetti

Bluelighter
I dont know if this is the right section for this.
Today I saw one of my dealers, and instead of just seeing him, he asked if I could give him a ride to a place near my house, so basically we started talking, before I proceed, let me mention that in my country there is no harm reduction practices and nobody knows anything about drug use and safe use unless you know english and read up on forums like me.

So basically, I asked him about his drug use, what drugs he had been addicted to, etc... and he told me he did MDMA daily for 1 year, doing at least 1.5 tabs daily, he also told me he had been addicted to benzos for 8 months and had withdrawals, cocaine, inhalants, meth, heroin, DXM, ketamine, alcohol, and pretty much all drugs possible, keep in mind he has no reason whatsoever to brag or lie about that and it was a casual conversation and im 100% sure he was saying the truth, he also told me that he had friends that had been doing MDMA daily for 5 years and had been unable to quit, but he quit after 1 year because he wasnt getting good effects anymore.

The thing is, he told me he was depressed for a week after quitting, and that was IT. And this guy is extremely intelligent, he is my age and he is studying phsyics at a good university and doing really well, and you can tell just by hearing him speak he is extremely intelligent, I asked him if he saw any negative changes due to his MDMA and drug use and he told me that not really, except other health issues caused by drugs like stomach and liver problems, but nothing cognitive, and he speaks extremely fluently and is extremely intelligent.

My question is, how is this possible?! I have read reports online of people doing MDMA daily for some months maybe but I always thought they would be brainfucked after that, after reading all I do on this forums, so I dont understand how this guy that has done MDMA daily for a year and benzo addiction and withdrawal, alcohol, inhalants, DXM, cocaine, psychedelics etc... is extremely intelligent and has no apparent negative cognitive consequences due to it??? He also seems like an extremely normal guy with no personality problems.. are some people more resistant to drug induced damage??? Is part of it psychological and maybe since there is no info about drugs in my country it doesnt seem to affect people as much?

Maybe it's not really MDMA? Or the doses were low? The rest I can believe, especially of a young person. When you're that age you can still get away with heavy/daily drug use of toxic drugs. He also might be hardheaded, &/or someone like me, with a crazy fast metabolism & unusual liver enzymes, so I can take higher doses of many things with much fewer or even no toxic effects. There are always unusual cases.

Plus, do you know how often he uses everything & how much? I tried 40 drugs in about 3yrs in college, but I was never a heavy or frequent user. No negative effects from my use, other than cavities from meth.

Keep in mind alcohol is more toxic than most illegal drugs & many students binge drink more days a week than not for years in college, & most seem to be okay.

I think you’re right that some people, due to genetics, are more resistant to drug-induced cognitive damage. Also, with periods of abstinence, a lot of damage is reversible. Not all, but some.

It’s surprising that anyone would be able to keep getting effects from the MDMA after the first couple uses because it empties the serotonin reserves which take time to replenish. Maybe it’s possible, but seems like wasted drugs. Overall, I’m surprised his depression didn’t last longer with some brain zaps, but good for him. SWIM has had 2-3 day depressions after 4 points in a night spaced out, so never again lol. It’s a shitty fucking apathy that you know is drug-induced, but only time can shake.

Maybe a lot of the MDMA was really either amphetamine, or meth?

I know people who have taken MDMA daily for anywhere from daily for a year, to daily for half a year, and they have major memory issues, are depressed and need SSRIs, or have major mood disorders like PTSD.

Everyone is different. I told a doctor how in my early 20s I drank nightly for half a year and then cut back to just weekends, then socially a few times a year, and then maybe 1-2x a year in low amounts like a standard glass of wine with a meal, or pint of beer. She asked if I had withdrawal after slowly cutting back from drinking daily and was shocked when I said no and said I must have some genetic resistance to withdraw and addiction. I remember seeing her when I was drinking daily and I was perfectly healthy, and my bloodwork was all fine and normal, and I had worried I had damaged my liver.

I also have a very fast metabolism as well. I have no idea about if I have liver enzymes or metabolize drugs differently? I suspect I may as 2.0 grams of mushrooms lasted a bit longer than how they normally would even when consumed on an empty stomach.

Last edited:
My good friend drinks every single night and has for the past 12 years, he drinks like 8-10 beers too. He quit drinking for a week to test whether he had dependence and he felt great, never a hint of withdrawal. We were both shocked.