• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Help cleaning potentially infected amphetamine

Hazzel

Greenlighter
Hey!

I stumbled upon red/brownish amphetamine and i thought of the worst. Could it be blood? Now i'm afraid it might be blood in it, and i want to handle it like it could be infected with hepatitis/HIV/whatever. Supposedly i'm just paranoid. But i want to be safe. Now to my question: How do i make sure it's safe?

- Is it enough to let it stay open in a room for a couple of days (it's not wet)? I read that HIV at least don't survive long outside a body, but hepatitis can be in blood for some days (i don't know for how many?)
- Or should i even get some acetone and clean it with acetone?
- Are any of the above methods safe enough? Other options?

Thanks in advance!

Feel free to clean it with anhydrous acetone, but it's most likely to be unreacted substrate chemicals and won't 'wash' away with acetone. Another option is to dry heat it in an oven at 110C for 30 mins. It won't vapourise the meth, but it will sterilise it from most things.

Feel free to clean it with anhydrous acetone, but it's most likely to be unreacted substrate chemicals and won't 'wash' away with acetone. Another option is to dry heat it in an oven at 110C for 30 mins. It won't vapourise the meth, but it will sterilise it from most things.

Agreed. Does it look crystalline/sparkly at all? I doubt it contains blood but better safe than sorry. I would only take it orally or plug it, for sure.

I'm pretty sure it's not meth, i'm no expert on amphetamines though but it looks like standard amphetamine powder other from the color. A friend of mine who i got it from said it felt like normal amphetamine though (he's already used his), he specifically said it didn't feel like meth and our dealer also told us it wasn't. 110C in the oven sounds simple enough, i just want to get rid of potential viruses in it, that should take care of it right? And it won't fuck up the speed? I won't be IV'ing either, i'll just snort it or take it orally so any other "impurities" i'm not _that_ afraid of.

Hey Hazzel, is your speed Methamphetamine (US slang), or regular Amphetamine sulphate (EU slang). EDIT: It appears I was posting at the same time as Hazzel was replying, disregard this question

Regardless of which one it is, you can pour some 100% IPA (isopropyl alcohol) or even straight vodka (unflavoured) on the substance, and let it evaporate.
That will kill any pathogens for sure, but you have to be careful to purchase pure IPA without any additives.

An acetone wash might or might not clear the coloured contaminant, look up the guides you can find here for detailed instructions.

I'm pretty sure it's not meth, i'm no expert on amphetamines though but it looks like standard amphetamine powder other from the color. A friend of mine who i got it from said it felt like normal amphetamine though (he's already used his), he specifically said it didn't feel like meth and our dealer also told us it wasn't. 110C in the oven sounds simple enough, i just want to get rid of potential viruses in it, that should take care of it right? And it won't fuck up the speed? I won't be IV'ing either, i'll just snort it or take it orally so any other "impurities" i'm not _that_ afraid of.

Sorry yeah I didn't pay attention to what you wrote. Orange, brown or reddish amp powder is very common. If still worried, just heat to sterilise, it won't harm any active compound/amphetamine at 110C.

I'm probably just paranoid, but i'll heat it up once just to be sure. Thanks for your replys guys!

Ya, it seems a good idea to make sure there's no bacteria or viruses in the amphetamines you think might be blood stained prior to partaking, as paranoia could easily make the experience unpleasant.

A friend of mine IV'd 2-3 grams of this during a couple days maybe a week back in time. Would he feel if there was something bad in it?

I was thinking of trying this tonight. Think i'd be able to fall asleep 6h after intake with some Midazolam? I always have a hard time sleeping on amphetamine.

I was thinking of trying this tonight. Think i'd be able to fall asleep 6h after intake with some Midazolam? I always have a hard time sleeping on amphetamine.

It's possible, but depends on how much you take and your tolerance really.

I know this is a HR forum, but I'm almost certain you're being paranoid, especially if it's the batch, not just your dose. I think A ) Why would there be blood through a batch B) Most dealers aren't monsters and would consider the product not fit for sale if it was contaminated with blood C) Coloured speed is pretty common, shit in my day people used to SEEK OUT red/pink amp. D ) Going back to (B) - even dealers with no ethics would have to consider the impact on their business of selling contaminated blood and would do the wash themselves if not discarding the product. It makes no sense to sell blood-contaminated drugs unless for a very specific, deliberate and nefarious purpose which should be something you would be able to draw a conclusion about.

It just seems super unlikely that is blood, unless there's an exceptional circumstance you know about that makes it more probable.

Worst thing that ever happened to me was a dealer who kept the smack in little balloons in his mouth; one had split and when we unwrapped it, it had saliva through it. Being shit junkies we booted it anyway. But that was gross and we *should* have discarded it, we also had no reason to think this guy had clean health and many reasons to assume he might not.