Unfair and personal censorship from CE&P Moderator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGrimez

Bluelighter
cduggles has gone on a spree of UA'ing my posts when not warranted.

I wish for her to be removed as moderator from CE&P.

At the very least, I would like her to post the recent 5 posts of mine that she UA'd here, in public, for other members to agree or disagree as to whether the UAs were warranted.

I am being very civil and calm in that forum, yet some of my words and opinions are being censored - simply due to my political affiliation.

I hope that this can be rectified in an adult manner.

Thanks.

what is your politics? trump for king? sorry you are struggling to integrate. I too have had to rethink my postings here and there.

As I explained in a pm to you, your posts are being reviewed by a volunteer staff. But they are being reviewed.

I'm sure your request to have me removed will be reviewed.

I would be fine with you remaining as long as you weren't so trigger-happy with UA'ing my posts when not necessary.

what is your politics? trump for king? sorry you are struggling to integrate. I too have had to rethink my postings here and there.
I am (so far) a supporter of Trump, just more so against leftist/liberal insanity (but still consider myself a classic liberal).
But yea it's a shame that language is policed so strictly there, we are not even allowed to use the term "the God Emperor".

JG - this isn't your first rodeo. You know moderator actions are done as a team decision by the moderators of a given forum with oversight by sr. staff. Initially, UA'ing something and asking for input from your team and sr. staff is a way of getting clarification on if an action is needed. It may take some time for volunteers to get up to speed and help make a decision, but it happens.

For those not aware, a moderator can (soft) delete, or UA (unapprove) posts or threads to take them out of public view, or a post may be RP'd (reported, by a member or anyone, actually) to call for staff review. It can take a few days for the rest of the forum mods effected to see it and understand what led to it. And, if no action is deemed necessary, the posts or threads can be un-deleted or re-approved for continued discussion. Typically the decision to UA or soft-delete is driven by a need to diffuse a thread from going further astray during staff discussion - it is not punishment, or permanent. It's a temporary stop to the direction the thread was being taken until decisions can be made. We appreciate members wanting to understand what's going on, and to ensure oversight is provided so no one mod runs amok or picking fights. We don't allow that, and such mods are summarily removed. That is not the case here as these posts were only recently UA'd and not all effected staff have been online to review. Timeframe is a day or two, not immediate.

cduggles has gone on a spree of UA'ing my posts when not warranted.

I think if a twig fell on your shoe you'd cry WOLF, so no, it's been warranted thus far.

I'll stick my head in CEP and look at what's been done, but I'm pretty sure my fairly right-leaning self is not going to see things as warped as you do.

I would be fine with you remaining as long as you weren't so trigger-happy with UA'ing my posts when not necessary.

No one is trigger happy in censoring you. If they were, you'd have been banned 13 months ago.

jgrimez said:
Cduggles has gone on a spree of UA'ing my posts when not warranted.

I wish for her to be removed as moderator from CE&P.

This will not happen.

You don't have go agree with staff decisions, but know that there is a consensus here. I agree with the decision.

Please PM me with your concerns if you want because raising a topic like this and demanding the scalp of a staff member is incredibly unreasonable and totally counter-productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.