• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sick for days after switching from heroin to suboxone

Kmccartttt

Bluelighter
I recently went on a 3 month run. I finally managed to suffer through the full 24 hour time period where I can take a sub. After dosing a suboxone I still felt sick. Restless legs, anxiety, nausea etc. it?s just odd because I couple years ago I used to be able to take a sub after 24 hours an feel fine. I think it?s all the fetanyl in the dope now that?s just so much stronger than the bupe. It blows. I just had 17 an used for 5 days. Then I racked up 6 days on bupe. Then used for 2 days an then back on subs for 5 days. It?s a constant battle. It takes me about 4 days on the subs to start to feel normal again. Is insane how strong the the dope an fet is now a days. As soon as I feel normal again it?s like I forget the pain and use again. Does anyone else feel like even after dozing on suboxone, the first few days are hell?

100%. The reason this happens is because suboxone is only a partial antagonist, while heroin and other opiates are full antagonists. Basically when you go from heroin, to suboxone, only around half of your your neurotransmitters are being occupied verses with heroin 100% are filled up. So basically its like youre switching from 100% to 50% which is why you still get very sick until your brain and body adjusts.
I found that as long as I kept suboxone in my system I wouldnt get sick when I went back to it from heroin, but as soon as I hit day 3 of heroin use And no suboxone, I was fucked when I switched back. Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply bro. So yea tonight at 11 pm will be 24 hrs after my last dose of heroin. It has been 2 days I?ve been using H and not taking subs. Hopefully it will be somewhat of a smooth transition switching back over to the Bupe. Like you said, after 3 days of H you?re fucked. It?s only been 2 days for me so I?m praying bro.

Also, has anyone actually tried the Bernese method? It sounds pretty ballsy to me. I don?t know if I?d want to risk PW even though it states you don?t experience them due to such a low induction (.2mg.) I feel like it?s easier to just do it the normal way. That?s a great method if you?re just a straight up pussy who can?t handle WD even the slightest bit. Lol that?s enough out of me. Thanks in advance for reply?s.

-South Shore Massachusetts

It either sounds like your Sub dose wasn't high enough OR you didn't wait long enough.

When I was using, I found that 36 to 48 hours was best. I know that it's FUCKING torture, but wait a little bit longer next time. That might really help.

It is fucking torture and I don't know why I ever come back, each time thinking I'll just take a taste and within a few weeks I know I'm fucked and have to go through this hell. I'm 56 and been of and off heroin and opiates for the last 25 years and have managed last time to be clean for 5 years. I wish I would never take anything ever the rest of my life. I know my brain is messed up when it comes to addiction.
Suboxone is so gross.. too much and you want to vomit not enough and wds keep happening.. yet I know no other easier way to ween off h. I thought about trying ibogaine but can't find it locally or its to expensive to go out of country to try it.

I'm not sure what's going on 100%, whether you started bupe too soon or not but I wanted to point something out:

It's not unheard of for users who switch back and forth from their drug of choice to buprenorphine many many times to start experiencing more and more difficulty in doing so. Sounds like you've been back and forth many times?

Curious if you've tried kratom as an opioid substitute? Maybe you'd have more luck with it then you're currently having with buprenorphine. The switch from heroin to kratom can be kinda rough for a few days though if your heroin doses are really large. But it may still be an option. I actually like being on kratom more than i liked the time I was on suboxone.

Thanks for the reply bro. So yea tonight at 11 pm will be 24 hrs after my last dose of heroin. It has been 2 days I?ve been using H and not taking subs. Hopefully it will be somewhat of a smooth transition switching back over to the Bupe. Like you said, after 3 days of H you?re fucked. It?s only been 2 days for me so I?m praying bro.

Also, has anyone actually tried the Bernese method? It sounds pretty ballsy to me. I don?t know if I?d want to risk PW even though it states you don?t experience them due to such a low induction (.2mg.) I feel like it?s easier to just do it the normal way. That?s a great method if you?re just a straight up pussy who can?t handle WD even the slightest bit. Lol that?s enough out of me. Thanks in advance for reply?s.

-South Shore Massachusetts

I've tried it. i made my own schedule so i could tweak as necessary. and it does work quite well. but if your not confident in the dosages increases and decreases, you might want to find a professional who is versed in it.

And kmccart, to say your either a masochist or a pussy is pretty ridiculous. For some people, particularly those coming off methadone or poppy tea, transitioning to sub can be very tricky and involve the potential for some pretty horrific withdrawal if a mistake is made, and mistakes are made. Just cuz you switch from a short acting opioid doesn't mean everyones journey is like yours.
I

IMO 24 hrs is by far not long enough, even if the stuff you have been using is only decent (cut to hell), but if you throw in the factor that a lot, if not most gear, may have some type of fentanyl in it then you should really be 36-48 hours in.
The first time I was given them the docs at my local clinic made me wait from a late Friday afternoon appointment through to a Monday morning appointment , until I was properly rough AF!

Yeah man it?s a rough transition using subs and heroin, definitely not the ideal duo haha. It may sound counter productive but when you use heroin try and keep some suboxone in your system the whole time so when you run out of H you can easily take suboxone and not worry about Precip. W/D. I can relate though and were both from Mass so I know the struggle haha. I?m sure your getting fentanyl anyways that?s all we really have for dope around here anyways, at least up on the North Shore that?s all there is really

Yea it?s a dope an fetty mix out in Fall River. I?m 5 days on the subs now tryna do the right thing. Hope your doing good bro. Go check out my latest post. Decent read