• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Marijuane, Ketamine, Kratom... etc.

scottstheone

Greenlighter
I'm trying to find an alternative to opiates for my severe pain, and want to know what is the best thing you can get to help severe pain. Kratom, Marijuana, Ketomine, or something else?

I have a couple questions in order to better help you. What sort of pain and how long have you had it? Have you tried gabapentin, n-saids or muscle relaxants? I've been using those since I'm recovering from neck surgery and my doctor doesn't want me on opiate pain meds anymore.

I switched from opiates to kratom and had horrible withdrawal from the kratom. The withdrawal from kratom is not your typical opiate withdrawal. You should give CBD or medical mj a try.

Different types of pain are treated with different drugs, plus everyone reacts differently to drugs. Without more details we would only be guessing and even then we can't know what will work well for you.

I have a couple questions in order to better help you. What sort of pain and how long have you had it? Have you tried gabapentin, n-saids or muscle relaxants? I've been using those since I'm recovering from neck surgery and my doctor doesn't want me on opiate pain meds anymore.

Most of my pain is in my lower back and hips. I also have shoulder and leg pain. I've had all this pain for 30 years except for leg pain which started 3 months ago. I've taken way too many nsaids. Muscle relaxants, tinzadine and baclofen, did not help me, and neither has gabapentin, tried at many different doses. I've also tried kratom which didn't help my pain and made me sick as a dog. Lastly, CBD oil tincture did not help my pain, but at least it didn't make me sick.