• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dilaudid 2 mg pills

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
I just got prescribed 2 mg Dilaudid secondary to severe pancreatitis. It?s been several years since I?ve taken Dilaudid orally. I get it frequently in IV because of my chronic disease that requires hospitalization relatively often. My question is, how much should one with high opiate tolerance take to get at least some recreational value?

Depends by what route of administration you plan on.
The bioavailability varies widely with this drug.
These being the ROA's strongest to weakest.

IV>IM>Plugging>Snorting>Oral

You are using the weakest one when you swallow pills...plugging is a better option IMO for a safer alternative to needles. Hydromorphone has a very poor oral bioavailability.

I use mine nasally, in solution. Filter off the water & use with eyedropper, much less clogging than snorting the whole pills. You could swallow or plug the rest. Plugging doesn't work well for me as a heavy opiate user.

I?m not willing to put anything up my butt. I can try snorting since pill is so small. Anything else I can do to make it more efficient?

Crushing the pill, or several pills ideally, & putting them in a shot glass, in enough water to fully cover the powder, then waiting 3+hrs (overnight is ideal), & removing the clear water on top & using that nasally really helps. It's substantially more effective than snorting a pill that's 99+% inactive powder that will clog you up. Not all will get into your brain, instead a lot will drip down, & irritating your mucous membranes can mean they don't absorb the drug as well. Powder is much more irritating than solution.