• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I was given methamphetamine in water. Plese help

freddy999

Bluelighter
Hi all!

I am only a cannabis smoker, I have no interest in other drugs.

My girlfriend spiked my drink (ex now). She put meth in it.

I woke up the next day sweating, shivering, my jaw was sore and clenching, my heart was racing.

I went to the hospital they ran tests and I was tested positive for meth.

I consumed it about 36 hours ago. The withdrawal effects so far is my hand spassemed up for a minute... That was flippen scary.

I haven't made a wee in a few hours) or a very small amount of wee) (how would I know if I am in kidney failure)?

Also, when is it over?? My heart rate seems like it's back to normal but still my chest is sore as if I have been running all day.

I feel pretty tired right now... How long till this crap is out of my system? Will I have actual damage to my heart / kidneys?

How many days till I am back to normal?

I don't know the Dosage, but it made my heart race to 150bpm for a full 24 /h.

Thanks peeps!

Sorry to hear this, but you should be fine. Give it a week and you should feel roughly normal again.

I'm very surprised your having these symptoms. its very unusual. people use meth for years without anything like that. Could it possibly anxiety that is spiking your blood pressure? You are clearly upset, and rightfully so. giving people drugs without thier permission is not acceptable. But rest easy. you definitely wont have organ damage from a single administration of meth.

Take a deep breath. know that you'll be alright. and try to let that tension go

That's a strong reaction, I guess she probably gave you a lot or you're unusually sensitive to it. Those effects are normal esp at high doses, so you should be fine in a few days. Any clue why she drugged you?

You will be alright, just eat well, get plenty of sleep, and drink plenty of water. Chest pain is fairly common after strong doses of amphetamines, you should be back to 100% after a week or two.

Apparently vitamin C helps clear amphetamine from your system faster so you can take supplements with water. Also it'd probably be a good idea to take multivitamins too just incase you were already deficient in anything.

After a week??? WWOW.

This is horrible. I ate some food now and it has no taste, Im so angry...I feel like it was my fault, I dated a meth addict. Im an idiot and I just pray there are no long term perminent changes to my body.....I feel like I will be fine, my resting heart rate is 120BPM. Apparently meth usage causes the heart rate to increase for upto 72 hours.

Also, now that I think of it, this probably is not the first time!!!! As you said this is a high dose reaction....so I am assuming I was dosed multiple times?? Maybe she kept increasing the dosage???

My head feels kind of blank right now, not thinking about anything but this. Again, my fault.

Thanks for your replies, 10 days, wow.

If I go into withdrawel, what can I expect? It has been 40 hours since last ingestion. When can I expect this crash to come? will it get worse? I slept a bit today....still feeling low on energy.

I think she tried to drug me because I have been on her case about how bad this is and she needs to stop, so perhaps she thought she would get me using it..addicted to it....now that I have cut her off...im worried maybe im an addict now???

Right now i feel pretty fine, but definitly a lack of motivation to do things.....loss of interest in my computer games aswell.

Last edited:
You won't get WD. And I think a few days will be enough to recover.

I would press charges. She could have killed you easily.

Had you been on any number of common medications you would be dead right now.

Please press charges for the sake of the next person she does this to that may die as a result

By the way, good luck ever getting any kind of pain care at that hospital as you are now on record with them as a meth addict regardless of what you told them. If you are ever in a car accident and suffer heavy trauma ask the ambulance to keep driving to the next hospital as you will get nothing beyond tylenol even if your bones are all shattered.

Last edited:
I would press charges. She could have killed you easily.

Had you been on any number of common medications you would be dead right now.

Please press charges for the sake of the next person she does this to that may die as a result

By the way, good luck ever getting any kind of pain care at that hospital as you are now on record with them as a meth addict regardless of what you told them. If you are ever in a car accident and suffer heavy trauma ask the ambulance to keep driving to the next hospital as you will get nothing beyond tylenol even if your bones are all shattered.

Please see a doctor or medical professional, and tell them everything you wrote here.

Also please contact the police as what she did was extremely dangerous, and you could have died had you not gone to the hospital or if you had medical issues.

If you live with your ex please go somewhere safe or have someone to look after you so you stay safe.

What the person above wrote about the hospital not going to give you medications if you are hurt because you were drugged with meth and got medical help, as you should have, is not true.

Last edited:
Please see a doctor or medical professional, and tell them everything you wrote here.

Also please contact the police as what she did was extremely dangerous, and you could have died had you not gone to the hospital or if you had medical issues.

If you live with your ex please go somewhere safe or have someone to look after you so you stay safe.

What the person above wrote about the hospital not going to give you medications if you are hurt because you were drugged with meth and got medical help, as you should have, is not true.

^ That's good advice. They should be able to help you at the hospital. Let us know how you're doing Freddy. <3

I'm almost in tears, and I never ever cry.

My friends warned me about this person, that's why I feel this is my fault.

They have taken blood for the kidneys.

I think I actually am in kidney failure as I haven't been urinating a lot.

I still feel less motivated and my senses almost feel blunted. Also feeling tired but can't sleep.

I'm so angry with myself. And I just pray ill be OK.

OK my kidneys are fine.

They giving me a 7 day course of medicine I need to finish.

I do have a fever.

You'll be fine. Meth can overheat you. I really do not think you will suffer damage. Hang in there. Meth can cause anxiety & paranoia.

Yeah, just sounds like she spiked you with some shitty gear, especially if you could sleep after.

And why else waste it? ;p

Good that you got help... Now TRY TO RELAX A BIT!!! lol

Seriously, the body is pretty fucking resilient.

Nutty is right, The body is very, very resilient. i think your anxiety has you spinning out. i've been around and ive never heard of anyone getting organ damage from a single use, or even weeks of using meth, even in very large doses. as you saw, your kidneys are fine. the rest of you is too. Remember, anxiety's first move is to spike your pulse and bp, then it can do a whole host of other psychosomatic symptoms, including pretty much everything you've been experiencing. I'm not putting down or devaluing the way you feel, i'm just pointing out that anxiety can cause literally all of those symptoms too. And anxiety is very normal and makes perfect sense in your situation. if i had never done meth and this happened to me, my anxiety would have me freaking out too.

But your girl crossed a major line, and you feel you were to blame because you knew she had problems... you are not to blame for being slipped a drug. Get that out of your head. You did not know it was happening, and even if you knew she was a tweaker, you are not responsible for the action she took here. you feel violated, and you were. But that's a very difficult and traumatizing feeling. Rather than the hospital, I think you might be better off finding a psychologist and talking about the emotions that are rising inside of you. Basically, everything was fine, your living your life, then BAM, she pulled the carpet out from under you, violated your trust, violated your body, violated your relationship, and violated your autonomy. These things can be damaging, emotionally scarring. I really urge you to find therapy to work this out. Your world seems to have been turned upside down, but it seems your anxieties are your worst enemies now, and maybe your ex too. Your upheaval is legitimate, caused by being so wronged by someone you trusted and from having something in your body that you didn't put there and weren't ready for. your body is ok, but the feeling that are arising are what you should get help in parsing, understanding, and dealing with healthily.

Last edited: