• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I was given methamphetamine in water. Plese help

it depends how long your ex was dosing you, and how much she was giving you. If she started with a small dose and given it to you regularly for months and then gave a one final whopping dose when she realized you were leaving you could indeed have lasting changes to your dopamine systems, leaving you feeling indifferent, blank, unmotivated, and unable to enjoy subtle pleasures. Even a single whopping does- and it sounds like she did give you a whopper- can cause disruptions in your nuero chemistry for several weeks, and could easily produce psychotomimetic symptoms including severe anxiety, paranoia, and physical symptoms like racing heart, insomnia, feeling "empty" or "blank", fear of impendoing death or harm etc. The good news is you are not an addict, and you are likely to both abstain from using more drugs, and taking sensible wsteps to recover. The body is resilient, especially when given good nutrition, rest, exercise and medicine when necessary. You should make sure you are getting regular physical exercise that causes you to break a sweat, which promotes your dopamine/endorphin systems to repair and will helkp you start to feel normal. Try not to let the harmful lingering aftereffects turn into outright obsessions- you are going to get better, probably sooner than later. People take huge doses of meth multiple times a day for months and years, and many of them stop at one point, and are still able to more or less recover...I mean I wouldn't recommend it, it is definately Russian roulette, and lots of people don't recover, but just to put your own exposure into context, you likely were given too much, were not used to it, and possibly given a less than clean/pure form of the drug. The effects of meth are particularly long lasting, especially with large doses. But you will recover. It is exceedingly unlikely you will suffer any permanant or long term harm other than possible trust/fear issues that come from being poisioned by someone you trusted. You may want to seek early professional help for this before it becomes a problem of its own.

So it's been almost a week.

I feel pretty much back too normal, with a bit of increased anxiety....

Howcome the hospital don't give you benzo's? lol where you live

Last edited:
He said they gave him a week's worth of Ativan. Just curious, did you take them as prescribed? I feel like all of your symptoms would've just gone away relatively fast after taking some 3 or 4 mg of lorazepam.. Then again I'm not experience with the duration of meth

That's messed up.
You should feel back to normal after a very long sleep and food.
My comedowns are intense cause I have severe insomnia.
I've never taken actual meth but I'm quite familiar with the speed pills they give me trouble peeing for a day or two too. I just try not to panic drink a lot of water. After I while I try again later I have to push hard and I'm able to pee a decent amount. Doesn't feel like I empty my bladder all way though. The problem goes away after I'm back to normal.

You will probably have some increased anxiety when you stop the Ativan. This is completely normal. Honest you will be fine, there will be absolutely NO long term effects.
She sounds like an awful person. Not all drug users are like this, so please don't let it prejudice you too much, as you stated in a previous post you'd never trust a snake....sounds like all drug users are snakes essentially!

You'll be fine mate! Take care!

sly relative poisioning by your dearly loved is not all that uncommon.

That's messed up.
You should feel back to normal after a very long sleep and food.
My comedowns are intense cause I have severe insomnia.
I've never taken actual meth but I'm quite familiar with the speed pills they give me trouble peeing for a day or two too. I just try not to panic drink a lot of water. After I while I try again later I have to push hard and I'm able to pee a decent amount. Doesn't feel like I empty my bladder all way though. The problem goes away after I'm back to normal.
Imo not being able to piss is one of the most uncomfortable sensations