• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Long term effects of using DextroAmphetamine??

^Nice to see you on here again.

One thing I must say. The amygdala is the general fear center. More activity there may not always be the best. The basal ganglia has many structures.

Do you think abuse, if not more than 10 times and several years ago, can be something the brain can recover from? I mean it's not like MMTP or whatever it was that rapidly causes Parkinson's. Yes? This is without IVing it or using other street cuts. And I'm not talking meth here. In 12 months clean time, the brain can heal an amazing amount, 98%, I was told.

Now I see your first source was in people with ADHD. As does the second and third.

When we say 60 mg, we're really talking 40-45 mg actual dexamp, right? Never heard of or seen someone taking 60 mg dexamp.

Thanks a lot :) It's been a while. Not sure if I'll be as active on here as I used to be, but I will try to come around more often. I used to love this site, then I just kind of lost interest.

The amygdala really isnt the general fear center of the brain, it's main function overall is to act as junction between the Caudate Nucleus and Limbic system. The caudate nucleus communicates with the frontal lobe, and the amygdala communicates with the limbic system in general. When the amygdala is underactive, there is an utter lack of communication between these parts of the brain, not entirely, but mostly.

The frontal lobe normally regulates the the limbic system to keep emotion in check, but in people with an underactive amygdala, the limbic system runs wild. This is what happens in people with ADHD. It's literally an executive brain dysfunction.

I got the 60MG's of Dextroamphetamine because that's the a general prescribing guide. No more than 60 Milligrams a day is what most any doctor would tell you. Anything higher than that is just ludacris. If you really need that high a dose for ADHD, then you probably don't really have ADHD at all.

Last edited:
Certainly more brushed up than I on biopsych.

I mean, searching it, you find "a roughly almond-shaped mass of gray matter inside each cerebral hemisphere, involved with the experiencing of emotions." And another one from Sciencedaily: "Shown to play a key role in the processsing of emotions, the amygdala forms part of the limbic system."

In humans and other animals, this subcortical brain structure is linked to both fear responses and pleasure.

Its size is p

There are varied opinions though, of what regions belong to what systems. For example, that the amygdala is part of the limbic system. People say the caudate and the putamen, the caudat-putamen, or the dorsal striatum (all three are the same).

Just for clarification, there are other regions that connect to the frontal lobe. The olfactory bulb does so directly, if I recall right (it may be the neocortex in general).

And when one is a teenager, their limbic system is more developed than their frontal lobe, leading to risk. In this case, the limbic system takes precedence, and in drug addiction. It's the orbitofrontal cortex of the prefrontal cortex more specifically that's underdevloped in these populations. As far as I've heard/read, stimulants are meant to mainly increase frontal lobe activity through D1/D5 activity, so that it greater balances with the limbic system.

I've met some liberal doctors. None (included those I've heard about and those whom I know) would go so high as 60 mg dex. 40 or 45 is much, much more common.

I mean, some do prescribe more. I read 1/3 of patients might benefit from over 60 mg. That's why they removed the absolute limit of 60 mg, and stated it as a recommendation rather than a rule.

Last edited: