• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Need help finding addiction researchers

Troglodyte

Bluelighter
A very strange thing is happening to me. unfortunately i've been addicted to opiates for the better part of 15 years with the normal attributes of dante's hell when trying to quit. But 6 days ago, saturday, i did heroin. Then the next day, sunday, i waited to get sick so i could switch back to buprenorphine, but it never happened. Monday, tuesday, wed, thurdsay(today)...nothing. it just never happened. im utterly confused...and grateful. but i dont understand what happened. its amazing. Last night, wed, i did get some rls and akasthesia, but totally tolerable. i never got any discomfort of my skin, no temp fluctuation, nausea, vomiting...nothing.

Not only would i like to know whats going on, but more importantly, can it help others? can anyone help me get in touch with a researcher that might be interested in my case? I would appreciate any help in that department. I havent yet been able to find a case of spontaneous resolution of opiate addiction without any withdrawal symptoms. apparently spontaneous remission in that context means something else. it seems my case is a serious anomoly. If it is the result of anything i did or co-administration of any of the other things i had ingested, of which there was plenty, or timing, or? i just dont know, but maybe it can be hashed out and maybe, just maybe it matters and something might come of it that can help other people. thats why i want to find someone to document my case. if anyone can point me in the right direction, id appreciate it

Last edited:
i've been using some opiate for about 15 years. everything from opium poppy tea(oh god do i miss it, it was the best one, hands down), pills of every sort, suboxone, kratom, and heroin, and "heroin". I had been using crappy North Carolina fentanyl daily for months up until about 4 months ago. Then i switched to sweet sweet NY dope. in the past 3 months i have been switching between suboxone and heroin, sub about 3-4x a week and heroin about 2-4x a week. i used sub for the 4 days leading up to my unexpected sessation, then a larger dose of heroin than usual on the last day... and that was it. i still dont want to say publicly about the co-administration, as itsn dangerous and possibly not relevent. tho if your really curious and promise not to repeat, pm me.

But it doesnt make any sense at all. i take more than usual like an ass and im cured? what?

For the record tho, without mentioning what i said i wouldn't, i was also taking 400mg rhodiola, 3g l-citrulline/dl-malate, 600-1200/per dose adrafinil, ocasional 200-300mg oxiracetam, magnesium, b-complex, adderall, gabapentin, bupropion... occasional soma and baclofen, damn, when i list them i feel like a walking pharmacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the nalaxone in the suboxone is responsible, most likely. Though only with repeated success on the same regimen could you confirm this. But if so, probably after a certain amount of time taking a certain amount of sub, your tolerance/dependence dissipated. The only other possibility I can think of is your last h was something else with not much cross tolerance. But I'd bet on the former.