• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth help Subutex withdrawal?

kbleve

Greenlighter
Hi, I am new here so please forgive me if this post is in the wrong forum. My question is this: Has anyone ever used meth to get off of subutex? or any opiate for that mater? I have been on 16mg of subutex (only taking on the average 4-8 mgs of that a day) for the past year and a half when I was abruptly cut off. Yesterday was my last dose. A friend of mine told me to get some meth to make the wd's easy. Apparently the meth overrides the wd's? So im wondering if anyone else has done this or even heard of this and if so how did it go? Im wondering if I stay high on meth a few days will I be able to get myself through the worst of this? or when I stop the meth even if a couple of weeks later will the wd's be there still? ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED since i am now 24 hours into this and worried that im going to start feeling like pure ass at any given moment......thanks

I strongly discourage using meth or any stims when WDing from opiods. I haven't tried meth when in WD, but I have taken other stims including amphetamine, and it makes me feel so much worse. No no no. Terrible advice.

I have unsuccessfully used IV meth to overcome heroin withdrawals. For me it never works cause i usually over shoot the mark (yes pun intended ;) ), and end up binging hard on the meth, then after a couple of days of that, not being able to sleep. Then I get the brilliant idea ?hey a little shot of some H will help me sleep?
Then BAM I?m right back using H again.
You are better off drinking and smoking a shit ton of pot to power through it- and even that sucks. Imagine withdrawals coupled with a nasty hangover... you?ll be begging for death

I have a homie who never got sick for years cause he smoked crystal....and I believe him cause I would always be sick and he be perfectly fine ...we’ll he was super tweaked out but fine lol

Meth is good for opiate withdrawals in the sense that it is so powerful you may basically forget you are withdrawaling.. but it doesn't mean I suggest it. It may temporarily override the withdrawal, but when you comedown from the meth and are still withdrawaling, especially from a long acting drug like subs... you're gonna be in trouble. This combination could send you right back to heroin. Becareful please

For the love of God, you will regret this. Don't use stims to cope with opiate WD. It will intensify the WD symptoms.

To answer your question in short, yes Meth with make your withdrawals almost obsolete. I used meth when I couldnt afford methadone anymore and it made me feel pretty much normal, that and klonopin because you will constantly have to use meth and withdraw from subs is no joke, as alike with methadone but not as bad.... it doesnt last as long. But you really dont want to switch one habit for the next.

Meth will tear you up over time. You have to be extremly careful. Clonodine is a much safer option and is great to ease withdrawles and also let you get some sleep. Its like your almost asking my friend said he can get me some fenny to ease my withdrawal... So does it ease withdrawels, yes. Is it a good idea? No. Im sorry that you got cut off that happned to me after being clean for a year and a half and I relapsed that day, just like that.... if you are on subs you should try and stay clean. Lots of states have grants for the "opioid epidemic" with out patient services for free. Look into it in your state and take that direction instead of subbing one habit for another. Good luck to you!