• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Norco User and I need Oxy help

gl0ckc0ma

Greenlighter
I usually take 3 hydros (10/325) once at around 10am and once at around 5pm daily for the past several years. I recently came up on some Oxy K18s and wanted to use them in between scripts so I dont have to deal with withdrawal. Just not sure how much oxy to take to get the same feeling and not take too many where I can hurt myself. Any help will be much appreciated.

Oxy is generally said to be 1.5 times as strong as hydro so start there. That means if you usually take 30mg of hydro you only have to take 20mg of oxy for the same effects.

There is usually an incomplete cross tolerance between opiates so 20mg of oxy might feel a little stronger than 30mg of hydro. Then there's also personal preference for effects and brain chemistry but 20mg definitely won't be dangerous for you unless you're allergic. If you want to test for that then take a small sliver of one of the oxy pills and put it under your tongue, if there's no swelling then you're golden.

Oxy is generally said to be 1.5 times as strong as hydro so start there. That means if you usually take 30mg of hydro you only have to take 20mg of oxy for the same effects.

There is usually an incomplete cross tolerance between opiates so 20mg of oxy might feel a little stronger than 30mg of hydro. Then there's also personal preference for effects and brain chemistry but 20mg definitely won't be dangerous for you unless you're allergic. If you want to test for that then take a small sliver of one of the oxy pills and put it under your tongue, if there's no swelling then you're golden.

Awesome!!!

Thank you so much for the excellent advice. I know there is like a limit to how much norco can be ingested in a 24 hour period due to APAP (4000mg I think). Is there an known limit for Oxy as well before it dangerous?

Not much for the oxy itself....that is tolerance based (I'm sure there is an official limit but I don't know it; I do know you can 100s of mg a day safely provided you have the tolerance for it). Use how you would hydro & you'll be fine, it's the APAP that's a problem.

Let us know what you think. I took Norco for years for my menstrual cramps. I found oxy didn't work as well for my pain & made me really irritable & bitchy. But most seem to prefer it.

Not much for the oxy itself....that is tolerance based (I'm sure there is an official limit but I don't know it; I do know you can 100s of mg a day safely provided you have the tolerance for it). Use how you would hydro & you'll be fine, it's the APAP that's a problem.

Let us know what you think. I took Norco for years for my menstrual cramps. I found oxy didn't work as well for my pain & made me really irritable & bitchy. But most seem to prefer it.

Oh wow!!! You nailed it!!! That is exactly how I felt last night. I took 15mg and did nothing for my pain and maaan was I an asshole. I was worried to take any this morning at work cause I might actually chew out a coworker but I fear withdrawals more than controlling my irratibility and bitchiness. Luckily my Rx for the Norco will be coming through in a few days. These oxy are just to tide me over.

Ahhh I'm sorry you're in my shitty boat. Good news: you'll probably like hydromorphone. It always shocks me how little oxy helps my pain. So not worth the mood effects.

hery you can take this. Vicodin and other brands names of hydrocodone bitartrate come in three different doses: 5 mg, 7.5 mg, and 10 mg of hydrocodone