• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

I'm withdrawing from 120MG Oxycodone for a week, help needed

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hello all.

I've been forced into a 2 year 120mg daily oxycodone dependence for a week and im gonna need to manage the withdrawal symptoms never mind the pain I take them for!!

Will anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, and benzodiazepines help?

I'm prescribed Mirtazapine (AD), Chlorpromazine (AP), Lorazepam, and Nitrazepam. Will my aforementioned meds help cancel out any of the symptoms? I can slightly raise the dose of some of my meds temporarily if that will help? I can buy some Loperamide for the diarrhoea.

Kind regards.

Last edited:
Hi there. I was in a similar situation about 6 yrs ago. I was SO worried about withdrawal that I actually continued using even after I was ready to be done!! I had hit that point where I just wanted to stop. After using for so long, it wasn’t having any effect on me anyway, despite the crazy high dosage I was taking. I can’t remember how, but I found out about suboxone. It sounded like the answer to my dreams! So, I called around, found a doctor licensed to prescribe it & got the first available appointment. I took the first dose that evening & never looked back! It not only takes away any & all withdrawal symptoms, it also blocks any cravings you may have. I can honestly say that it was everything I hoped for. I stayed on it for about 6 months & gradually tapered off. I’ve

Hi there. I was in a similar situation about 6 yrs ago. I was SO worried about withdrawal that I actually continued using even after I was ready to be done!! I had hit that point where I just wanted to stop. After using for so long, it wasn’t having any effect on me anyway, despite the crazy high dosage I was taking. I can’t remember how, but I found out about suboxone. It sounded like the answer to my dreams! So, I called around, found a doctor licensed to prescribe it & got the first available appointment. I took the first dose that evening & never looked back! It not only takes away any & all withdrawal symptoms, it also blocks any cravings you may have. I can honestly say that it was everything I hoped for. I stayed on it for about 6 months & gradually tapered off. I’ve

Yeah I understand the position u were in but in my case Oxycodone is still effective at treating my Neuropathy. The problem lies with the pharmacy who dispenses the medication, basically every pharmacy in my area either doesn't stock Oxycodone or have ran out. This is the only time this has happened otherwise I'll move to a more commonly prescribed painkiller like Morphine. TBH I feel okay, the benzos are getting to me sleep at night and killing any daytime anxiety. I've only gotta wait 2 more days and ill be absolutely fine!

Cheers for the help.