• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Chronic Pain patient has question(s) about heroin

cpp

Greenlighter
Hello,
As most people who have chronic pain know, our meds have been demonized and criminalized, an we're fucked. Just got back from pain management. My GP referred me there and then put in a note saying not to treat me? Ok, whatever, I expected something.

So I have a way to get it, but I'm really nervous and would like to hear as much as I can about what a noob pain patient would need to know. I have not been prescribed steady pain meds for years, and have only had help this year with oxycodone and hydrocodone and tramadol to get me through a major surgery, medial and lateral epicondilitis in both arms, a tooth abcess and a compression fracture in my back. Oh and a tailbone fractures. I already had chronic pain, fibro, injuries in neck and knees, unexplained systemic inflammation, old broken bones, etc. Only 1 week pain management for surgery, a day or two for the others.

So. dance safe test, check, a bit of knowledge, check. Still, though I have been told how to smoke it (i wont inject, enough probs as it is), I'd like to know a way to ingest it that might be safer. I have seen some and wow, such tiny bits, so I'm not even sure if I would know how to get a small enough amount into a capsule, and don't know what that small amount would be.

NOTE: I take alprazolam, which I'm sure complicates matters. I've been taking .5mg bid for 30 yrs. No increases or anything.

Any help is hugely appreciated.

mods: hope I posted this in the right place?

I would also be interested in hearing if anyone has had the experience of using heroin as a step to be able to go to the methadone clinic. I tried looking for a suboxone doctor here, but they only take actively using addicts, and don't treat pain. Does anyone here have experience with these things? I am in too much pain to live without some help. If i could get some help, I could move more and swim and maybe help myself with some pain issues that way. As it is, I'm stuck sitting/standing/laying down constantly with no rest or peace, sometimes screaming and crying all night/day. I sleep well because I'm in a legal mmj state and indica helps with that, but I cry in my sleep and wake up crying every morning. But that's another reason why I cant get pain meds here, cuz of the weed. I had to choose between the two and I asked what if I chose pain meds and that's when I was smacked in the face with other reasons I couldn't get treatment. Yes, even though it's legal, every doc I've run into has warned me of the "dangers" of weed, which I have questioned them about only to get vague 'it can be addictive' statements.

I hate this so much.

If it were I, I would show up dirty for a sub doc and just not mention my pain. If bupe didn't cut it,I would go the methadone route. bupe is less visits to doctor. Also I would get me some gabapentin or lyrica. sub plus gabapentin has deleted my serious chronic pain. methadone is the tits of course, but sub gives it a run for its money ;)
p.s. safest way to do heroin is eat it.

ahh thanks for that info. i am already taking gabapentin. i am taking it for off-label use, but it does help some of the nerve pain i have. i had a tiny bit of methadone once and took it and tho it wasnt that instant-ish noticable relief as say, oxycodone, it lasted 2 days. havent tried subs, but that's a good idea about going to sub dr. you're talking about suboxone, right? i have read some cpp have tried low dose naltrexone by itsef with some success, but never tried it.

thanks again :)

I think it's worth trying h. Where are you located? I prefer nasal use bc the other routes are too sedating or don't work well (I can't getany effects from smoking). I get diazepam & hydromorphone, the strongest opiate here, but it's just not enough. I don't enjoy opiates & only use them for pain. Been using h almost 10yrs with no health problems. Almost always nasally though on rare occasions I do it other ways (IV, plugged).

The nice thing is dealers have way better hours than drs. It's a real pain to get to the dr for me.

Last edited:
Before you read my post keep in mind only using your Buprenorphine orally would be a problem so I assume your taking Sublingually like it is prescribed I am not sure as I only have read about suboxone users and I.V. use is not effected by GABAPentin but anyone who uses Oral Opioids/Benzodiazepines with GABAPentin should read this carefully and sorry for any typos or mistakes since I typed it in a hurry as I gotta make a Bitcoin payment before the address for it expires.

Do not use GABAPentin at the same time as your Bupe it will reduce the amount of your bupe that you absorb wait a minimum of 2 Hours after taking your Buprenorphine preferably instead of 2 Hours after your GABAPentin minimum I like to wait 2 Hours after my Methadone. Taking GABAPentin at the same time as Benzodiazepines will cut the absorption in half I know for a fact that in a study using Morphine the GABAPentin decreased the absorption of it by 50% and the Morphine after absorbing completely into the blood stream of the subject it was able to increase the absorption of GABAPentin for as long as 4 Hours after taking the Morphine by a maximum increase in gabapentin absorption of 44% and if you want to absorb more GABAPentin some food with it gets u like 10-20% more absorption and 250mg Naproxen can get u 12-15% more absorption when taking it and using some acidic like a can of pop with to increase stomach acidity can make it work quicker so instead of taking 3 Hours for full effects it will take 2 Hours which is the fastest gabapentin works (2-3 Hours and lasts 5-7 Hours from what I read).

I am prescribed 1200MG of GABAPentin since like after 900MG only 10% of the dose will absorb when u increase it further and I believe it only means the extra 300MG of gabapentin use increase from 900MG dose will only have the 300MG dose increase have a lower absorption of 10% since 1200MG every 60 Minutes which I know for a fact has a stronger effect than 30 Minutes but if u got a bunch of GABAPentin with some to waste absorption on then dosing every 30 Minutes helps.|

Staggering the Doses only helps if your limited with the amount GABAPentin you have but if you got enough it's better to use higher doses but like I believe after 1800MG i dont know what dose but eventually all the gabapentin just stops absorbing until 60 Minutes pass by it might take longer to obtain full absorption instead of 60 Minutes but who knows.

sorry for the delay. pain pain. what do you mean nasal use? snorting? i only saw it once and it looked like chunks of dirt, not powder or anything? man, i could even get by on hydrocodone if i could get it lol. i lost my contact because, well... so it goes. not sure what i'm going to do. still fuming about that nasty dr who did this. not that i thought i was going to get any help anyway, but yeah. :( i dont enjoy them either, they just let me live my life. im in WA

thanks.

I think it's worth trying h. Where are you located? I prefer nasal use bc the other routes are too sedating or don't work well (I can't getany effects from smoking). I get diazepam & hydromorphone, the strongest opiate here, but it's just not enough. I don't enjoy opiates & only use them for pain. Been using h almost 10yrs with no health problems. Almost always nasally though on rare occasions I do it other ways (IV, plugged).

The nice thing is dealers have way better hours than drs. It's a real pain to get to the dr for me.

Not taking it (edit: subs to make it clearer)at all, just trying to see what, if any, my options are. As far as I can tell, in order to get subs, I'd have to be an addict. I dont see any in this town for pain. blech. I lost my h contact, so I can't go in and piss dirty. :( Thanks for the information about bup/gabapentin!

Before you read my post keep in mind only using your Buprenorphine orally would be a problem so I assume your taking Sublingually like it is prescribed I am not sure as I only have read about suboxone users and I.V. use is not effected by GABAPentin but anyone who uses Oral Opioids/Benzodiazepines with GABAPentin should read this carefully and sorry for any typos or mistakes since I typed it in a hurry as I gotta make a Bitcoin payment before the address for it expires.

Do not use GABAPentin at the same time as your Bupe it will reduce the amount of your bupe that you absorb wait a minimum of 2 Hours after taking your Buprenorphine preferably instead of 2 Hours after your GABAPentin minimum I like to wait 2 Hours after my Methadone. Taking GABAPentin at the same time as Benzodiazepines will cut the absorption in half I know for a fact that in a study using Morphine the GABAPentin decreased the absorption of it by 50% and the Morphine after absorbing completely into the blood stream of the subject it was able to increase the absorption of GABAPentin for as long as 4 Hours after taking the Morphine by a maximum increase in gabapentin absorption of 44% and if you want to absorb more GABAPentin some food with it gets u like 10-20% more absorption and 250mg Naproxen can get u 12-15% more absorption when taking it and using some acidic like a can of pop with to increase stomach acidity can make it work quicker so instead of taking 3 Hours for full effects it will take 2 Hours which is the fastest gabapentin works (2-3 Hours and lasts 5-7 Hours from what I read).

I am prescribed 1200MG of GABAPentin since like after 900MG only 10% of the dose will absorb when u increase it further and I believe it only means the extra 300MG of gabapentin use increase from 900MG dose will only have the 300MG dose increase have a lower absorption of 10% since 1200MG every 60 Minutes which I know for a fact has a stronger effect than 30 Minutes but if u got a bunch of GABAPentin with some to waste absorption on then dosing every 30 Minutes helps.|

Staggering the Doses only helps if your limited with the amount GABAPentin you have but if you got enough it's better to use higher doses but like I believe after 1800MG i dont know what dose but eventually all the gabapentin just stops absorbing until 60 Minutes pass by it might take longer to obtain full absorption instead of 60 Minutes but who knows.

Last edited:
I hope something works out for you cpp. Buprenorphine for pain has to come from a doctor and is dosed in much smaller amounts than from an ORT clinic. Hang in there.

Do not use GABAPentin at the same time as your Bupe it will reduce the amount of your bupe that you absorb wait a minimum of 2 Hours after taking your Buprenorphine preferably instead of 2 Hours after your GABAPentin minimum I like to wait 2 Hours after my Methadone. Taking GABAPentin at the same time as Benzodiazepines will cut the absorption in half I know for a fact that in a study using Morphine the GABAPentin decreased the absorption of it by 50%

So Thomas, I really looked and could not find any interactions with Gabapentin and Buprenorphine or Benzodiazepines, other than it being an effective adjunct for both. As far as GabaP & Morphine.. it's shown to increase analgesia.

Gabapentin enhances the analgesic effect of morphine in healthy volunteers.

In a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blinded trial with 12 healthy volunteers, we studied the interaction of morphine and gabapentin using the cold pressor test. The anticonvulsant gabapentin enhanced the acute analgesic effect of morphine. FurthermoreTherefore, the well tolerated combination of gabapentin and morphine may improve pain therapy, especially in pain states, like chronic and neuropathic pain, which respond poorly to opioids.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10866910

Let me know which studies you were basing that off . I agree that GabaP levels go up 44% with M though.

This was the BA decline from pfizer:

Bioavailability of gabapentin is approximately 60%(900mg), 47% (1200mg), 34%(2400mg), 33%(3600mg), and 27% (4800mg) : /day given in 3 divided doses, respectively.

i was just reading about gabapentin + xanax and it's no biggie. been taking both (1800mg gabapentin, .5mg xanax bid). i was told 1800mg gabaentin a day is the best it will work. dr let me try more to see, but she was right. drs are calling it 'pain meds,' as in, i hurt myself pretty badly and was told i was already on pain meds. ass.

so, here's another q: anyone gone outside the US and had any luck getting any sort of pain meds at all, street or otherwise?

pain just getting worse here, havent been able to drive in over a yr cuz of hands, i have 0 life besides trying to scroll thru damn netflix

edit, BTW thanks so much for infos. you can tell i use fb a lot cuz i tried to find the like button lol

In my 15 year experiences, yes plural, in regard to all scripts mentioned stay away from methadone. It has a long half live and coming of it without subs or subutex is a nightmare. You can't take sbox until your in withdrawl. I do know people who use both subs and subetex to get though; how I have no idea. I think suboxone is a joke. I have, however, used it to come of herion. As far as suboxone goes though, it works better in smaller doses (i.e., 2mg 3x/ed).

Herion on is no joke, especially these days. I've never "fell out" or overdosed in all my 15yrs until this past year. Be careful. If you decide to go that route you can snort it, but try small amount first especially since your on benzos. I personally started vaping mine, and duleting (as to taper down) so I can get of without withdrawal. It works. I've had some pretty good results vaping "H" when coming of fentanyl, oxy (prescripted), and "H" itself.

Anyway, if you go with "H" Be careful. It's aften laced. If it looks glassy (like a someone smashed up some dark black/purple candy), or doesn't have smell it's almost alway fentanyl or half and half fent. & "H." Fentanyl doesn't really have a high in my book. I vape fent. too. After a few puffs I'm out. There one minute & practically asleep.

As far as pain goes, I would suggest getting a new GP and a new pain management Dr. Even with all the demonizing of opiates on the news and social media and the new laws veteran place with the new regulations you can find please a doctor that will help if you're patient and shop around. I'm on a few watch lists my doctors all say and I've still managed to find a GP and pain management Dr. that helped me; almost without question. It took a while, but if you documented proof of your injuries and need for proper pain management you will get the help your looking for. I'm sympathetic to your needs and wants oh, and the fact that you feel hopeless in regard to the pain and improper share your doctors are giving you, but I'm not sure if age would be my first choice. Having been through it before, as I too went from pills then was cut off and went to heroin, it's a long hard Road and a journey then I would not want to take again. It sucks you in and will spit you out. You'll start chacing the dragon before you know it. Keep your wits about you if you choose to do herion and know that the people you'll be dealing don't give two shits about you, they just want your money.

I have so much more to say, and I apologize for and spelling errors, but I'm pressed for time. I'll try post again shortly.

Bennie...