• Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4-MeO-MiPT - First Time - Graceful and Kind

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
4-MeO-MiPT 25mg First Trial
2-10-2019

by Xorkoth

I recently received a gift of samples of several tryptamines I did not previously have, from a friend who in turn was gifted some other rarities by me. One of them was 4-MeO-MiPT, an unusual substance I had been curious to try for some time. To my knowledge, it is the only tryptamine ever tasted by anyone with a methoxy on the 4-position, making it quite unique. I've read many of the available reports (there are not many despite it being available for some time), and I wasn't sure what to expect. Some people found it to be a dud, while others enjoyed it. Everyone seemed to agree it was not particularly psychedelic, but more of an empathogen, if anything. On an early February Sunday, I decided there was only one way to find out, and I tasted it myself. What follows is my notes and thoughts on the experience.

3:45pm (T+0:00) - Ingested 25mg orally after weighing it out. It has a very weird taste, unlike any other tryptamine or other drug I've tried. Not very bitter, almost a bit savory combined with the faint taste of something burned? It's hard to describe. It doesn't taste much like other tryptamines I've tasted and was not particularly unpleasant, nor pleasant. The appearance was as an extremely fine, nondescript white powder, Not particularly fluffy but not too dense either.

4:03pm (T+0:18 ) - First alert, a smooth, warm feeling, and a hint of euphoria. My girlfriend and I are about to go to Ace Hardware to get a part to fix the shower. I spent the last hour taking it apart... it's the diverter valve from the faucet to the showerhead. I finally sawed away at the fiberglass shower wall behind the face plate enough to get a wrench in there and unscrew it. It's definitely broken, so here's hoping they have the right part.

4:30pm (T+0:45) - Just got back from the hardware store. They did have the part. My girl and I had a great time in there. Very quickly I started to feel it coming up, but there's no hint of anxiety or discomfort whatsoever, it's a very warm, smooth, lovely feeling. By the time we made the 7 minute drive over there, I felt jovial and loose, and I found a smile fixed on my face. There is definite euphoria and a comfortable, easy feeling. We found the part rather quickly, or rather, my girl did. Her finding it first sparked some fun teasing back and forth between us and I found a lot of joy in that. We were really happy that we weren't going to have to go all the way to Home Depot so we were feeling pretty celebratory in the aisle. A lady who worked there came up to us and told us she'd never seen anyone so excited to be in the hardware store before. I don't remember what I said but it made her laugh. I felt so centered and comfortable, I found myself wanting to interact with the other people around, whereas generally I would interact if addressed, and not be stressed about it or anything, but I would feel more apt to keep to myself and get in and get out.

4:47pm (T+1:02) - Fixed the shower. Fuck yeah! As soon as I turned the water back on and it worked perfectly, the lyrics and melody from Simon & Garfunkel's Cecilia entered my head:

Jubilation!
She loves me again
I fall on the floor and I'm laughing

It describes how I feel right now. This state is really very lovely. It reminds me of both 4-HO-MiPT and 5-MeO-MiPT (imagine that!), but it's much gentler than 5-MeO-MiPT and less psychedelic than either. It really is more of an empathogenic feeling than a psychedelic one, except there's that tryptamine feeling to it, a sort of fluttery-in-the-face and chest feeling that marks it surely as an indole. 5-MeO-MiPT can have some sharp edges and is stimulating, and 4-HO-MiPT is a full-blown psychedelic and can be disorienting, but this stuff is 100% easygoing and probably more euphoric than either.

5:00pm (T+1:15) - Smoked a hit of weed. This is quite recreational for me right now, in fact I find myself wanting to redose but I'm not going to. There is no amount of dopamine hit here, there's no rush, but I am feeling a good amount of euphoria and a feeling of everything being alright. I feel warm and loving. It reminds me of the post-peak plateau of 4-HO-MiPT a lot. The weed hasn't changed it at all but it has enhanced its presence in my body. This stuff has a great body feeling, light and velvety on the skin, extraordinarily calm and comfortable. But no psychedelia. It feels like a tryptamine in the body and mind, but there nothing visually, nothing mentally, it's all on the tactile and emotional level. I don't have a sense that this state is particularly insightful in any way but it is very pleasant indeed.

5:30pm (T+1:45) - At this point I stopped taking notes beyond a few scribbles. I began cooking dinner, a nice chicken rice pilaf I've made a handful of times. As I began cooking, my mind started to really wander. I soon found myself thinking about my parents. My dad has ALS and it is very advanced, he probably doesn't have much longer left. It's unbelievably tragic for many reasons, but the one I thought about today was that my parents were best friends and so in love, but my mom is my dad's full-time caregiver and has been for 6 years now, and it's drastically changed their relationship. I began by thinking about the situation in general. The usual wash of painful grief was muted, distanced. Instead I felt a sense of wistful love and an unafraid mindset, touching on whatever aspects of it that I felt, without any desire to insulate myself. I moved on to thinking about being my mom through this process. I often feel some amount of anger towards her for some of the ways in which she has not handled this well and taken it out on my dad. I imagined the evolution of my mom's world as he slowly regressed into a fully paralyzed and helpless human plagued by constant anxiety and depression, where before he had been the strong one, the provider, the emotional rock. I imagined the great pain, inconceivable, unthinkable. I imagine conversing with my mom about her process, after my dad dies, which was insightful and interesting. I felt my heart reach out to this imagined version of her and attempt to let her know it understands. I thought briefly about how it would make me feel if my love were to succumb to such a thing and I felt a sharp spike of hurt in my chest, but the spike was tempered by a euphoric sense of love and so was entirely bearable.

Next, I began thinking about what it was like for my dad, the absolute horror of it, the sadness and hopelessness of becoming a vegetable. I have had all of these thoughts before, of course. This was nothing new. But it was remarkable how I was able to face them without being overwhelmed by pain, though. What was also noteworthy was that, despite being remarkable, it didn't have a big impact on me beyond the moment. My thoughts were quick and significant and full of emotional content, but it was almost as if I was just reviewing stuff I already knew. I was thinking through things and framing them in an idealized fashion almost, and then moving on, and not really resonating with it much beyond the moment. This review of personal information felt wonderful and warm and loving, and quite euphoric, but it wasn't anything that stuck with me in a particularly powerful way.

5:45pm (T+2:00) - I am lost in a long, winding train of thought, which I realize has a soundtrack associated with it. There are songs playing, so vividly that I can almost hear them audibly. It isn't music I've invented, as is typically the case. Instead it is songs I know by others, songs I love and that mean something to me, and that are generally applicable to my current thought process, or in some cases, that cause my current thought process to shift to memories that I associate with those songs. Typically when I'm having such robust and interesting trains of thought, and I'm actively trying to take notes for a trip, I feel compelled to communicate these ideas, sometimes to the detriment of the trip itself. Also, typically on empathogenic substances, I want to talk, talk, talk. However this internal experience feels very personal and communicating it feels like a chore. Hence I just take brief notes from time to time, which interrupts my thinking, and I let my girlfriend sit on the couch and read without desiring to talk to her about it, either.

Cooking is fun, I feel slightly scattered but I am also feeling a great sense of accomplishment as I perform all of the steps necessary to produce days worth of meals for myself. Sustenance is such an important thing, and the enjoyment of food is an amazing part of being human. I'm lucky in that not only do I enjoy eating, but I enjoy making food, as well. There's nothing I'd rather be doing right now.

6:30pm (T+2:45) - Still going strong. Suddenly the song "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton comes into my head, and it triggers a cascade of thoughts of my ex. Our final divorce court date, where the court decides how much of my stuff I have to give her and whether I am going to be forced to sell my house, is in less than a week. It has been causing me all manner of anger and pain and confusion, and kicking up a lot of trauma. She was very emotionally abusive to me over the course of over a decade, and as the divorce process is coming to a head, I've been realizing how traumatized I really am by it, in the way I react to various situations in my relationship and even in my friendships. In some ways it's the most difficult thing I've ever had to deal with; I had created peace with her and myself after we split, when our relationship seemed to be amicable, and I did not feel damaged by her. The way she played me for 5 years after we split, to get me to serve her with papers and try to implode my life, while pretending to not want anything from me, and seemingly re-frame our relationship in her eyes to her being my victim, has filled me with with a poisonous hatred for her that I have never encountered before towards anyone. It's been really hard for me to deal with, and very toxic to my life.

The thing is, "Wonderful Tonight" reminded me of the early days, when there was still the beginnings of abuse, yes, but the vast majority of the relationship was good. It was our song, and hearing it (in my mind) brought back a flood of good memories. I remembered the intense, head-over-heels feeling of love we had. I remembered a thousand great moments, tender moments, supportive moments, my mindset that I was so happy to have found my life partner. We were great friends, back then, and there was a lot of passion. I have come across these thoughts at various times since I started hating her more recently, of course, but every time I have, I have rebelled against them and they've given me this sick feeling, where I turn back on myself, almost like I'm betraying myself for remembering these aspects of our relationship, untainted by the horrific events that would follow many years later, and the double betrayal of how she has handled things since the split. 4-MeO-MiPT gave me what I can tentatively now, the next day, call a blessing, in that it allowed me to remember those moments, remember that she has a good side, that she didn't mean for this to happen. To remember that she is mentally ill and that there was a time where she made me really happy, mostly. She is a human, not a monster. She deserves my pity, not my hatred. Today, after the effects of the substance have left me, I still feel that my hatred has been mediated. I feel cautious about dwelling too much on it, but my internal dialogue about the whole situation feels improved. This is the only realization that has really stuck with me from this experience, but it is an important and powerful one.

7:00pm (T+3:15) - The food is finally done, and eating is so good, I am thoroughly enjoying it. The body high is a little bit less intense, but mentally, I am as active as ever, even perhaps moreso. In this way it reminds me of 5-MeO-MiPT, where the first stage is more empathogenic and the second stage is more psychedelic. I still wouldn't call this psychedelic, but it has become very mentally active and insightfully introspective. All I want to do is experience things and think. I don't feel antisocial, but I don't feel particularly social, either. This is a very internal experience. It feels special, but private. I have a continuous and robust internal narrative, but little desire to communicate it. However, my thoughts at some point turn to my girlfriend, who is sitting across the room on the couch, reading her book, it is a book in a fantastic series we are both reading, and I am one ahead of her, so it's the one I just finished. It's one of the many things that we share that I really like. I'm overcome with feelings of love and tenderness towards her, and I walk across the room and sit next to her and give her a hug and kiss and I tell her how much I like her. It's something we do, we tell each other we love each other when the mood strikes but it almost means more to say how much we like each other, since love and like are not always mutually exclusive and it's true, I just like her a whole lot. She beams and it makes me feel wonderful, because I know it makes her feel wonderful.

For the rest of the night I just read my book, and become thoroughly engrossed. It is an absolutely gorgeous story spanning 6 volumes, and I'm on the last one. It's told in the first-person perspective and the characters are utterly real and noble and lovable to me. The story is about love in all its forms and the portrayal of the central love stories is profoundly beautiful, as well as the portrayal of parent/child love (both adopted and blood) and friendship is poignant and probably more well-done than I have ever read before in any other books. Also the portrayal of the love, desire, and closeness of the act of love is profound and beautiful. My girl and I both read the same story, in slightly different parts, for the rest of the night, and it was profoundly satisfying. We occasionally stopped and talked and snuggled. I would say around 8:45 (T+5:00), I felt pretty much normal, though I had an afterglow, which still persists the next morning, just a warm, content feeling of peace.

I fell asleep reading at 12:30, which was T+8:45, but I could have fallen asleep much earlier if I had tried, and in fact I was trying not to close my eyes and keep reading for about an hour before I fell asleep. In the morning I awoke with a great afterglow, a feeling of tranquility and peace. My girlfriend and I ended up exploring the erotic for almost 2 hours once she woke up (later than me), which was immensely satisfying. I think it's safe to say there was some residual pro-erotic effect going on.

So, all in all, I was very pleased with 4-MeO-MiPT. It has similarities to 4-HO-MiPT and 5-MeO-MiPT. It reminded me the most of the 5-MeO, in the headspace, but it was less psychedelic and more empathogenic, and not stimulating really at all, and also there was no come-up to speak of, just a quickly-felt euphoria that only grew and grew, without the slightest discomfort (whereas 5-MeO-MiPT has a very intense come-up that is mostly unpleasant, for me). It reminded me a lot of the jovial state of post-peak in 4-HO-MiPT, except much less "silly" and more grounded. Despite these similarities, it is distinctly unique and fits a different role, that of a care-free empathogenic substance that bears no negative side effects and doesn't drain you afterwards. There were similarities to MDMA but it was much more sober-minded and less intense by far, and less focused outward. It was nothing earth-shattering, but I am still glowing from it the next day, and it produced some useful, powerful insights about one topic, at least, even though primarily it was just recreational. It was a trip through the concept of love, and it left me feeling warm and sated. I liked it enough that I decided to drop a chunk of change on a gram, because I would like to have it available to me for a long time and I only have a couple more doses at the moment, and it's nearly sold out in the places it's being offered, and given its apparent lack of popularity, I doubt it will be made again.

Summary: About 4-5 hours of effect, a rapid rise to a euphoric and empathogenic peak, which begins around 45 minutes in and reaches the best blend of empathy and introspection around 2 hours in, and then starts dropping off in intensity, but with an increasingly introspective state of mind. Warm, no sharp edges at all, pleasant, wholesome-feeling. An underrated gem, in my book, at least from this one trial. I fully intend on using it again in situations when I want to have a good introspection session but the subject matter is difficult, or when I just want to have a nice, relaxing and euphoric evening of recreation. I am extremely curious now as to what 4-MeO-DMT would be like!

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_4meomipt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited:
Damn that sounds like a gem.. I know you?ve tried quite a variety of rare chemicals so how would you rate this compared to others you?ve tried?

This sounds right up my alley and would be a great addition to the medicine cabinet. Shame it sounds as if it?s ultra rare as well :/

I?m on the hunt for empathogenic compounds that work on a different level than MDMA and this sounds like one.

-GC

It reminds me quite a bit of 2C-B-fly, in that it's not very psychedelic but quite euphoric, more on the empathogen side. Its value lies in the calm, gentle loving introspection, with basically no side effects. It's nothing paradigm-shifting, but I like it enough to have just ordered a gram.

Last edited:
X, i read this three days ago, greatly enjoyed every word and have been waiting to post my reaction when I had time but I?m so extremely busy right now I don?t anticipate having time to do it justice so just thought I?d briefly post some thanks! I?m going to source this stuff as it sounds perfect for me.

Question: can you comment on the difference in this stuff and Phenibut?

Yeah lots of differences. 4-MeO-MiPT feels like a tryptamine and is somewhat psychedelic. The thought process and emotional amplification is a thoughtful one, an introspective one, can be quite insightful. The body feeling is entirely cleaner and different. The euphoria is less outright and more dependent on internal and external factors (phenibut causes euphoria regardless of the situation, whereas with 4-MeO-MiPT I could see it causing dysphoria if the situation was totally non-conducive). Phenibut lasts way longer too. Phenibut isn't psychedelic in any way, it's a reliably mood-elevating GABAergic. I would not consider 4-MeO-MiPT to be the same sort of thing.

The combo of the two would probably be really good.

Phenibut seems to be one of those drugs that mixes well with just about anything I?ve found. I?ve really grown to like the stuff more as an adjunct to other drugs, than as a stand-alone substance. Plus it can be a bit sedating for me without some stimulation present.

Phenibut + MDMA + LSD = Heaven

-GC

Yeah phenibut does combine well with almost everything I've tried it with. It mixes particularly well with psychedelics and empathogens. With psychedelics it allows you to enter the trip with a baseline of positivity and comfort and euphoria, without detracting from the trip at all (unlike benzos or opiates).

I really love phenibut, I like it on its own, too. I've been using it for about 13 years, off and on, mostly on.

I'm starting to see a pattern here... and yet, I love how you can still distinguish the effects you describe here as more tryptamine-typical compared to those of DOiP and DOF, despite them all being so atypically light in the psychedelic realm. That's certainly how it felt to me when reading these reports, anyway.

Thanks again for this report on yet another rare and understudied substance. :) This one always did sound a little bit nice to me already from the small handful of other reports but you do put an especially nice spin on it here too.... Certainly sounds like the kind of thing that would be up my alley if I took at the right time. I'm not sure if I'll really be budgeting for it any time soon but it definitely does make me want to keep an eye out for it.

I'm curious, how do you compare 4-HO-MiPT and 5-MeO-MiPT to other common drugs in terms of euphoria? Since you say that 4-MeO-MiPT may be even more euphoric for you than they are.

To me, the -MiPTs are the most outright/reliably euphoric of the tryptamines I've tried, across the board. The METs are pretty euphoric too but the MiPTs remind me empathogens in the style of euphoria, it's a bubbling joy and warmth towards others, very emotion-focused. I have had greater euphoria on 4-HO-DMT and smoked DMT than on any other tryptamine, however every time I do the MiPTs it's more or less the same level, and not so situation-dependent. With other tryptamines such as the DMTs, the euphoria can emerge from a place of ecstatic, profound realization, a universal bliss, a euphoria of intense gratitude, that sort of thing. Whereas with the MiPTs, the euphoria seems to be present as part of the state and is not dependent on having achieved a breakthrough or anything.

In retrospect, since this experience I had the best 5-MeO-MiPT experience I've ever had, where I actually had a pretty significantly psychologically deep trip that was skirting a breakthrough, and that was more euphoric than 4-MeO-MiPT, but again like what I was just talking about, I think part of it was from the amazement of the state I unexpectedly found myself in. So I might still say that 4-MeO-MiPT is more euphoric than 5-MeO-MiPT. But it's much more inwardly-focused than the other two, as well, and mentally sober. So I guess it's just different. For example with 4-HO-MiPT I often spend so much time laughing uncontrollably that my face hurts the next day. So in a sense it's the most euphoric of the three. I depends on what way you'er looking at it... euphoria is a rather complex and multifaceted phenomenon.

Ah, that's my favorite kind of 5-MeO-MiPT experience. :) But I totally understand what you're saying, both about how there are different types of euphoria from different sources and even then the expression of the euphoria is fairly subjective, and again the perspective is much appreciated. I think I would have to agree that the MiPTs are the most readily euphoric in that empathogenic kind of way you described for me as well... though, I think overall I would have to say that for me it's actually been the MPTs that are the most readily and potently euphoric so far, though in a way distinct from the MiPTs and somewhat more like the DMTs, but also still distinct from them and somewhat more like the METs but more piercing, more challengingly blissful, somewhat (probably more than most things) like LSD. But I wouldn't find myself taking them for a recreational trip like I would the MiPTs... and that's going off the laughable premise that I consider the MiPTs recreational either, as opposed to just relatively more recreational. But I have a penchant for pushing this particular extended family of synthetic tryptamines as deep as I can. ❤ As for 4-MeO-MiPT, it might actually be nice to focus a bit more purely on the lighter side of them as well.... I'll definitely have to take it into consideration.

Yeah 4-MeO-MiPT is much more solidly on the side of empathogen. Again like with most of the other things I've tasted lately, it is free of perceptual distortions and very emotion-focused. But probably less on the psychedelic side than 4C-D.