• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc All knowledge of IV; brand new veins;Right gear,land shot: Needle in vein: Won't pull

boomhs

Bluelighter
So this is a horror story for IV users. Actually at hospital once nurse said i had "dancing veins", and hard to pop. But his is just ridiculous.

I pop veins with torniquete, tried from small 0.5cc to 1cc to (bought today) bigger. I land it inside the vein, i can feel it, won't pull. Once out of 10 times pulls some blood, when i shoot rarely holds so half will miss, small balloon pops.

Meanwhile i bruise arms. Since needle WAS IN VEIN when i pull it away lot of blood flows out.......

Should i try the groin or neck? Heard bad stories. Fucking hell.

Another half an hour of failure watching the needle inside the vein sometimes, drew blood once. Fuck this.

You're experienced with IV? It sounds like you are poking through them, best as I can tell. Which exact veins have you tried?

I've IV'd a lot, sometimes i get a lucky shot, always same proceedure. I know it all pls believe me, 45? poke, paralel to not poke it all, when i was doing it with smaller needs i could feel it inside with finger. Tried hands wrists, now with bigger serynges/needles arms, got 1 out of 10.

I've got cursed veins, they're hidden and dodge the poke (dancing). can't even IV gear i paid for.

Tell me how i feel the needle inside the vein, smaller ones hand or wrists and can't pull blood and if push it actually doesnt hard (weird) makes bubble

Are you hands shaking? I thought my veins were hard to hit!

I wouldn't shoot groin or neck, and never have. But I IV pretty rarely. Mostly I use my wrist veins.

Yes in my wrists, with my smaller needls e saw it inside the vein actually by pullng up a bit. It's just a joke i'm done IV'ing

Probably for the best. I use nasally & prefer the effects, personally, to IV. I make a solution in an eyedropper bottle.

My veins are flattened/elliptical so I have to be very careful not to poke through, especially as they're so small. Thus why I don't IV often.

It sounds not so much that you don?t have veins, but just that you can?t get them.

Do you have high blood pressure? You wanna know what helped me quit heroin?..

So once I decided I was quitting, of course I relapsed multiple times in the following year or so but every time I would I?d never be able to hit anything because my blood pressure was too high. My veins bulge often and when I?d stick them the blood would come rushing out and subsequently would push out all the dope too. I?d often have a balloon bump too from the blood buildup.

I?m assuming this only applies to people like me though with veins like a roadmap but sounds kinda similar to what your dealing with.

-GC

How are your feet?
I always tell nurses to not even bother with my arms or hands. Last time it was some resident and he thought it was super cool, thanked me because he had never had to get blood out of someones foot before.

Don't go for your groin or neck, even I'm not crazy enough to try that and I've collapsed every other superficial vein on my body.