• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

New again

TheRiot1979

Greenlighter
I've known about bluelight for about 10 years. I've gotten some real sound advice from this site. Maybe now that I have more time on my hands I'll be able to contribute. I just recently had to stop working due to seriously painful arthritis and I also suffer from fibromyalgia. Constent pain led to doctors over prescribing me pain killers just to stop them abruptly. After finding a "friend " who had a pretty good supply of my particular medication I thought I was good. Then the supply ran out and bam I'm shooting heroin like it's my job. Well that was one hell of a ride I don't want to be on again. Went on suboxone about 1 1/2 years ago and now I'm weaning myself off those. My life is constant pain but drugs are expensive so pain is where I shall reside. Been on so many different meds for pain that are not really pain killers. Nothing stops the pain like heroin but I guess I have to do as my doctor instructs or else I'm just a junkie... anyways hello everyone!

Hi TheRiot1979!

Welcome to Bluelight :)

I too hope that you can find some relief in healthy ways, and I hope I don't sound ignorant saying this, but your mind can do powerful things - have you tried meditating, or something of the like?

Drugs have an immediate and definite impact, but the finer things in life can also help with pain, IMO.

What are some of your hobbies that may benefit you in finding relief? Just curious :)

Peace!

Life sure has it's ups and downs. I am very mindful of my presence in this reality. Pain happens to be a part of this specific existence. I'm still here because I want to watch my children grow. Ever breath is on purpose. Honestly I have no real hobbies besides this life. I have an unusual perspective.

Welcome to BL Riot!

I hear you on the chronic pain merry go round. I ended up shooting heroin too. Currently on Subutex.

Good to have you here.