• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How is the half-life of Diclazepam?

Thomas29

Bluelighter
I am attempting to taper down from Benzos right now and I am hoping Diclazepam is long-acting enough and hopefully similar to Clonazepam half-life since I have been buying Clonazepam from a Friend to wean down from Xanax due to having Chest Pains that were really scary and I began abusing heavy doses of Benzos but for about 7 Months now but tolerance it out of control since I did not even realize how long I had been using them for but I am Prescribed 1MG of Clonazepam daily which is why I am Diclazepam has a Half-Life to at least be close to Clonazepams half-life?

Any help would be greatly appreciated like you wouldn't believe even if you can only guess the half-life?

It says with a google search Delorazepam has a half-life ranging from 80-115 hours so how does Diclazepam has only a 42 H elimination time when the Delorazepam Metabolite should last for about 80-115 hours is am I missing something here? does anyone know the highest and lowest ranges of Half-life or is it only known for the approximate half-life of 42h since it is a Research Chemical Benzodiazepine?

The half life of a drug only refers to the parent compound, active metabolites aren't included

I thought Diclazepam solely had the effects due to the Metabolites it produced does that mean the Active Metabolites last longer than the Effects Diclazepam in itself produces?

Diclazepam is active as well as it's metabolites delorazepam, lorazepam, and lormetazepam. Half Life doesn't equate to Duration of Action though.

Oh I did not know that Diclazepam was active itself and I know that duration of action and elimination half life are different but I am using it to wean down so duration of action would be nice to know but I think the elimination half-life is more important to confirm for my specific situation? Do you mean the active metabolites don't matter as in they only last as long as Diclazepam itself lasts or your not counting it in as a factor when you say Diclazepam parent compound itself has roughly a 42 Hour half-life?

That being said you sparked by curiosity of what the duration of action might potentially be with an educated guess that is and or personal experienced anecdotes too.

Last edited:
too bloody long i mAde mistake instead of 15mg taking 40mg for few days then 30mg for nerly a month, its been a month and im still getting bad anxiety taking 20mg and im not even prescribed that lol luckily i can get atleast 7 5mgs a week I do want to get down to my normal dose though.

What I need to taper with this Diclazepam so I would like to know if 1MG Diclazepam is stronger than the equivalent of 10MG Diazepam and does anyone know the answer to my question of if the active metabolites that last longer than the Diclazepam parent compound are due to it not being factored into the average half-life since only the Diclazepam is being analyzed and hence they are not factored in or are the active metabolites half-life duration times are known unlike the Diclazepam compound since this is all very confusing and not helping someone desperate to use this Diclazepam Powder I have got in my possession to help lower my Daily dose of Benzodiazepines?

I think you'll find that equivalency tables for research chemicals are pretty much non existent in a tested and confirmed sense. Being "RC's" means they are currently used for "research"(lol) and don't posses large number studies to gauge potencies with regards to other benzos.

Most anything you find will be based on anecdote, and a limited number of users vs conventional benzos will make their reports less applicable to the masses than say a drug tested by a regulatory body that demands extensive testing. Leo Sternbach's notes would be helpful but I'm not sure where one would find those.

Seeing as some of the metabolites are conventional you could look those up quite easily, but I do not think Diclazepam is a prodrug and therefore the M1, M2, etc aren't the ones to be concerned with. Similarly to how you wouldn't assume Diazepam's activity is wholly made up of Nordazepam/ desmethyldiazepam, temazepam or oxazepam, even though they can have an effect after accumulation, they aren't responsible for the primary effect and are generated in very small amounts.

What I need to taper with this Diclazepam so I would like to know if 1MG Diclazepam is stronger than the equivalent of 10MG Diazepam

From what anecdotes I've read it seems to be 1 mg Diclazepam is roughly equivalent to 10 mg Diazepam, but it varies from person to person and don't forget that both substances have slightly different affinities for the different GABA-A subunits.

I think you'll find that equivalency tables for research chemicals are pretty much non existent in a tested and confirmed sense. Being "RC's" means they are currently used for "research"(lol) and don't posses large number studies to gauge potencies with regards to other benzos.

Most anything you find will be based on anecdote, and a limited number of users vs conventional benzos will make their reports less applicable to the masses than say a drug tested by a regulatory body that demands extensive testing. Leo Sternbach's notes would be helpful but I'm not sure where one would find those.

Seeing as some of the metabolites are conventional you could look those up quite easily, but I do not think Diclazepam is a prodrug and therefore the M1, M2, etc aren't the ones to be concerned with. Similarly to how you wouldn't assume Diazepam's activity is wholly made up of Nordazepam/ desmethyldiazepam, temazepam or oxazepam, even though they can have an effect after accumulation, they aren't responsible for the primary effect and are generated in very small amounts.

I think the fact that Research Chemical Benzodiazepines equivalent doses to pharmaceutical Benzos are non existent goes without saying that being said. What do you mean by the "M1, M2 etc. aren't the ones to be concerned with" it would seem Diclazepam is the one RC Benzo that is the most equivalent dose RC Benzo to date that we have a general idea of what it might be compared to any other RC Benzo. OH! I thought Diazepam itself is not very long acting and that the active metabolites it produces have equally as important effect as Diazepam itself? I just acquired some and at first use even 40MG of Diazepam did nothing at all when trying to replace it with 1MG Alprazolam/Clonazepam depending on how many I got of each left depends on which of those I use that day but I read it takes as long as 14 Days for steady levels and I am now finally starting to feel better after using like 20MG of Diazepam to replace the 1MG equivalent dose of Benzos I was using but at first I felt like I was taking bunk pills until about 7 days I can't remember the days with all this lack of sleep it's hard to guess even.

I know Norflurazepam is a metabolite of Flurazepam which considering that fact shouldn't that be like a bit more theoretically accurate as to determining what the equivalent dose of it might be, in which "theoretically" being the key word here. similar to how Meclonazepam is a weaker by-product that Clonazepam breaks down into for lack of a better way explain it.

I know that plenty of people use Diclazepam to wean down from othe RC Benzos like Etizolam etc. so it's more likely to have experienced Anecdotes to the equivalent dose I am wondering if it's close to 1MG Diclazepam being 10MG Diazepam which seems to be what you all agree on and what the majority of people on the internet that I have read agree on.

Last edited: