• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Have I lost the magic? Or shitty pills? ::kinda long read, I really need advice::

Frosty1

Bluelighter
Alright so to start, I try to take molly, E, ecstasy, etc quite safely making sure not to roll within the same month, except once which was twice in a week and a month break and rolling (my first rave), now I?ve been taking a short break and after a month of no use and regular supplements (5htp waiting the mandatory two days before use) and I had this sort of problem before, during my first rave where I felt amazing, and then instantly died off with no sort of come down (crystals in capsules)... flash forward I?ve decided to roll with a friend, and we take those same pills I?ve had on my first rave (cause we still had some left over), nothing.... maybe a 1-2 hrs later we decided to take another dose and a half (which is very dumb) but I was chasing the euphoria, nothing... now I didn?t test my drugs (another dumb note) but me and my friend experienced all the same effects, restlessness, dialated pupils, and jaw clench, and slight happiness associated with real MDMA... now finally my question is have I lost the magic ? Or were these shitty pills? My guess I?ve taken 3 pills in the span of 4-5 months before the 2 and a half dose on that one night.

Might have been shitty pills. Might have been meth or some other stimulant. Might have been a synthetic drug mascarading as mdma.

thats why you test the things you put into your body man. Def need to start doing that if you don't want to risk it.

and you haven't taken enough to lose the magic so it must be something else.

Since they were the same pills I think you most likely lost the magic, tbh. When I lost the magic, MDMA felt like that - but worse - completely devoid of pleasure or fun. I've never tried upping dose though. Maybe you just need to take a longer break - rolling 4x in 6mo is way too often IME, & that could've made you lose the magic sooner, or you're just unlucky - everyone is unique in this regard. I usually waited at least 3mo if not 6+ between rolling & I lost the magic, permanently (or at least it didn't return after 5yrs & I haven't tried since bc the effects became purely unpleasant, even dysphoric), after around 12x rolling. The 2nd & 3rd times were MDA though I didn't know it then, FWIW. I react horribly to MDA (and am very sensitive to it overall) so maybe that contributed. So technically I had at most 10 good MDMA experiences. I respond unusually to many things & spent time on various psychiatric meds during this period, which definitely factored in too.

I would definitely wait at least 6mo before trying again. Your brain needs a break!

Last edited:
Well I wasn?t completely devoid of life, I still had the energy to get up and just have fun with friend and be loud, idk because at the same time, my friend was going through the exact same roll feelings and everything... so can that mean we just so happened for the both of us to lose the magic ? If anything a important detail to add was, we did eat a good sized meal before hand and waiting 2 hours before dropping, maybe that?s the culprit

Last edited:
Has your friend been rolling as often as you? It sounds to me like a good long break might be enough for you (both).

She rolls more often then me, but like I said before it was only with these pills (crystal in capsules) and nothing else that we?ve tried

Then I'm not surprised. You had a good experience in the past with the same pills, & it's very unlikely that some happen to be so different from the others, and that you BOTH took the different ones only recently.

You both need to take a break. MDMA doesn't work well when used frequently. It's also not good for you.

My vote is on shitty pills. You shouldn't lose the magic that quickly and your use has been far from excessive. However, what you perceive as 'the magic' is determined by your first experience. Even poor quality MDMA can feel 'magical' to a novice user as you have nothing to compare it to. Also, you tend to become tolerant to any good effects from the shitty stuff much quicker. If what you had was good quality then you should be able to dose 4 times in 6 months without any loss of magic at all.

^^^Also possible, though it seems less likely to me. I wouldn't describe 4x in 6mo as 'excessive', but I don't think it's wise.

Where had these capsules been stored? Had they been exposed to heat? Is it possible the product deteriorated somehow? Food can be a problem. Two hours after food may not have been long enough.

Where had these capsules been stored? Had they been exposed to heat? Is it possible the product deteriorated somehow? Food can be a problem. Two hours after food may not have been long enough.

This.
If your stomach is not completely empty (3 hours for most people) it is very likely that:

• you will absorb a smaller quantity compared to empty stomach
  • the absorption will be slow and delayed

This will cause a delayed onset, significantly diminished effects, and a decreased ability to obtain stronger effects with redosing.
If you take MDMA in spaced out small doses the high quickly reaches a ceiling compared to taking the same quantity all at once.
I a person wants to have an intense experience the first dose need to be the strongest one, usually something like 60/70% of the total amount to be ingested in that session.
Redosing is ok in the first 90/120 minutes, after which becomes almost futile in regards to the desired effects, but will still increase side effects and comedown intensity.

Last edited:
My vote is also on shitty pills. Both you and your friend felt the effects were lacking right? Then I think maybe your first experience with this same batch may have been partly to do with placebo.

I see this question pops up all the time and while it IS possible to lose the magic after a few rolls (knew a guy who did) it?s not nearly as prevalent as people would have you believe.

Keep looking, even product that tests legit can be garbage. I?ve sadly known fuckheads who cut their product (not people I personally associate with) and even I couldn?t see the difference in reagent reactions between pure MDMA and MDMA that had been stomped on by at least half. MDMA overpowers anything else in that puddle.

-GC

Yeah the first two times I?ve done it, they were pressed pills (no test) and I felt amazing ?magic n all? and when I went to my first rave a capsule with crystals, I felt a little bit of the magic and then it died down very fast and the second time, same pull and all I felt nothing, we also had some pressed pills to go along with it also nothing

Yeah they weren?t stored anywhere else except my room and dealers room, but yeah it was a solid 1 and a half to two before I dropped, but similar story happened last time when I ate 30 mins before I ate, and the pill hit me like a truck. I felt amazing

I think I misunderstood your meaning re the comedown at your first rave. I interpreted that as a good thing, but it seems that is wasn't. In light of this I shitty pills sounds a lot more reasonable. Maybe you just had amphetamine but it was your 1st time so you enjoyed it then but not now? Or some other stim. I don't think it's MDMA necessarily as I feel taking more should have helped, but maybe I'm wrong & you needed that initial strong dose. I do still think you're rolling too often & that's contributing to SOME extent, but how much I don't know.

That?s what I think too, honestly I have bought myself a testing kit, now all I gotta do is find something worth while...