View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Opiates and Psychedelics

.:Holy::Toast:.

Bluelighter
Do opiates end to dull down the intensity of psychedelic visuals, say from LSD, much like benzos do??
Me and a friend both took 3 tabs of quite strong LUCY and neither of us have considerable visuals like normally would expect with these tabs.

Do opiates end to dull down the intensity of psychedelic visuals, say from LSD, much like benzos do??
Me and a friend both took 3 tabs of quite strong LUCY and neither of us have considerable visuals like normally would expect with these tabs.

I have to take Oxycontin for pain issues and when I trip I try and take it much earlier in the day or swap it for Kratom.

I've found it can wipe out a good portion of a trip as could Tramadol which I tried to avoid the day of tripping - although you have to balance the fact that if you need the opioid and don't take it you could have a very uncomfortable trip.

You could always delay taking it until after the acid has kicked in.

What had you taken (and when) prior to the acid?
'

Yes it definitely does, I've been on opioids for chronic pain for years. Right now I'm on Burenorphine 8mgs per day and when I took shrooms the other week my trip was definitely reduced. The same dose/batch prior when i was on tramadol and skipped a day took me almost twice as far. I had to smoke a heavy amount of exotics to really take it up more.

It was still enjoyable and euphoric but next time I will definitely be reducing my dose drastically of the opioid and take it very early in the morning and trip at nite. But to answer your question, yes it absolutely does.

Opiates definitely do dull psychedelics, but not as much as benzos. With opiates you won't kill a trip like you can with benzos, but it will definitely reduce visuals and make you trip less hard. They're a better combo than benzos, but it's still best to trip without them.

I have never tried this but I have heard that Cannabis kicks the trip up a notch, Benzodiazapines take it down a notch, and Opioids make the trip go sideways. Not stronger or weaker, but just different. If they make you more relaxed it is possible that Opioids may lessen the likelyhood of a bad trip but that’s just speculative. However, most depressants (like alcohol) will lesson trip intensity so it would not be surprising if opioids do as well. Someone here mentioned that Tramadol lessens trip intensity but I do not think that is because of the opioid agonism. Tramadol also influences Serotonin like an SSRI, so it should make it harder to trip just like an anti-depressant would.