View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Time LSD Questions (sorry)

heyowassgud

Greenlighter
Hey everyone:) This is my first real post on Bluelight, and I'm really excited to see how this turns out.

Anyways, I'm going to trip on LSD in two weeks from now with two good friends that will be on 1.5g of shrooms each. We will meet at my house, walk to a nearby park and see the forest as we're coming up, and retreat back to my house to play music and talk/relax if things get too intense. We don't have any responsibilities for the whole day. I have planned on taking about 120ug; I say "about" because my dealer said the gel tab was 150ug and I have microdosed from this tab twice for a total of about 30ug consumed so far. I am confident of the dosage because the microdose effects were very prominent (increased energy, slight restlessness, focus, and slightly enhanced visual acuity), and there was no bitter taste, ruling out the possibility of it being an NBOMe. I would also like to point out that I live in silicon valley where there is a lot of legit LSD that people microdose during their jobs, and the tab is a green gel tab (I have read that gel tabs tend to have a greater chance of being actual LSD), so I believe the acid is real. Now for my two questions:

1. I am sure you have heard this many times from countless bluelighters, but I decided to include it with my other question. Assuming the acid is properly dosed, is 120ug good for a first time user? I have experience with (very) high doses of weed, LSA trips (maximum of 250 morning glory seeds so not really a trip), and 2nd plateau DXM trips. I want to be able to get most of the full experience, but the microdoses gave me quite a bit of anxiety, so I am hesitant on the dosage due to the fact that I will be around friends and I do not want to ruin their trips as well by getting all nervous.

2. I have an irrational fear of vomiting. I do not have emetophobia, but I get very panicky if my nausea levels go above the moderate level and when puking becomes a real possible outcome. I tend to freak out hard in the minutes before I throw up (which is why I never went over 250 morning glory seeds). I have quite a strong stomach, so I am not too worried, but do you think 120ug will cause problems? I have bought (non-alcoholic) ginger beer for extra precaution, as I have heard it antagonizes the 5-HT3 receptors in the gut responsible for psychedelic-induced nausea.

TL;DR: is 120ug LSD good for a first time experience, and will it cause significant stomach issues?

Thank you so much in advance
7.gif
, and sorry for the long post.

Welcome to BL, you've come to the right place :)

That certainly seems like a good plan to me, and it sounds like you've done your research - which is always a good sign.

120ug sounds like a decent dose - I've always found doses under 100ug to be more uncomfortable and anxiety prone myself, but I've never experienced any stomach issues with LSD at all. Nausea can be a problem with mushrooms though, so it may affect your friends.

FWIW, the best acid I've ever done was also on geltabs.

Hope you have a good time and be sure to report back :)

Yep, you've done your homework. High doses are easier in a way than meddling doses, you retain the ability to fight it with the latter. And don't worry about stomach issues, it's nowhere near LSA/DXM.

Have fun!

Yesterday I did LSD, and honestly about the vomiting part, its different for everyone, dont worry about that, I dont think you will have a problem with that, I have never vomited from LSD, I dont know if ginger would help, probably having a not so full stomach would help.