• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can a good diet lessen heroin withdrawals?

RamonTheTowelBoy

Greenlighter
If I have a bad diet drink alot of cokes junk food also not active very lazy would that worsen heroin withdrawals? Now let's say I start eating healthy cut of the sugars and be more active can the make the withdrawals less shit?

Yes it would most likely make the withdrawals easier, eating junk food while withdrawing will make you feel like shit.

Yes a healthier diet will likely help. The acute portion of withdrawal will still suck but you may bounce back quicker will a healthier lifestyle.

Plus, The mental proponent is a big factor in withdrawal. If you go into it with the right mindset then it'll likely be easier for you, overall, then if you had go into just thinking 'this is going to suck horribly'. Living a healthier lifestyle would likely give you a better mindset going in which may help just in and of itself.

Being healthier/more fit is going to be the biggest factor though. Withdrawal is easier to get through when you are in good shape and also when you force yourself to remain active during it. Withdrawal will seem so much worse and so much longer if you spend the entire time in bed focusing just on horrible you feel.

Of course it will but getting food down in acute withdrawal may be challenging. You'll definitely recover from PAWS faster if you eat well and exercise though.

Yes. Eating proper meals that are about 50% carbs, 25% fat, 25% protein and relatively bland/not overly seasoned really helps the nausea for me. I eat very well normally (not so high carb, much higher fat), but for me the trick is to never let my stomach get empty in withdrawal. There is a short period where I can't keep anything down & am basically constantly heaving when NOTHING helps, but once that is past, keeping my stomach half full with food like buttered pasta, potatoes, toast makes quite a difference overall, though especially the nausea. Not eating & being dehydrated stress the body. Sparkling water helps me too.

Thanks everyone but I think some of you didn't understand me right. I didn't mean eat healthy while in withdrawals... I mean like eat healthy for a good while like 3 months or more and also exercise then if one day I dont have H will all that time eating good and working out save me or at least make it less shit. I agree I can't eat anything while withdrawing.

I would guess so, bc your whole body will be better equipped to handle it. I've eaten a good diet for my whole life (I'm almost 38 ), and I go through WD several times a year & it's usually not too bad. Especially given my doses.