Vocal only music

Zopiclone bandit

Bluelighter
The human voice in my view when it comes to music is one part that can move you in such an emotional way, when I am down & depressed if I play DSBM (depressive suicidal black metal) it lifts my mood from the floor right up to the sky, it is mainly the vocal that does it for me as you can "feel" it inside you, the same goes form proper blues too (Mississippi Delta Blues)

A lot of the stuff I listen to is foreign & can come from Japan or Finland & though I don't speak that language it doesn't matter as you "understand" in a way that goes beyong words & gives you a universal feeling, maybe I am alone in this but I get a vibe others feel this too.

What music do you really like that is only vocal, be it something you play when sad or happy, music that makes you think back to a holiday or a lost lover, something that makes you think of old pets that are dead etc etc.........

I have several I could link but I will kick this thread off with two pieces that just blow me away & I play them daily when online, they are both by the same people & from Finland, I sadly don't speak Finnish but this goes way beyond understanding the words, my "soul" understands what they are singing about though which is all that matters in my view.

I hope others will fall in love with this stuff & make make your day that 1% better than it was going.

The same group again, I had an issue trying to find this one for some reason but it just came up.
This is a perfect example of how the human voice in a group can be perfect & how language matters not, it has something special about it, I would dare to say this is perfect (well to my ears anyway)

If you don't feel this you have something wrong with you, a lot of my mates that are into their black metal & old skool UK Dubstep (think along the lines of Skream - Rutten) think I am mad & look at me like I am an alien or something when we are having a blunt & I reach for this kinda music to put on, they just don't get it which is beyond me, even my moms dog loves this track & howls along always at the same parts then wags her tail looking at me like she has done something amazing & I should praise her for singing along with them.

Yes, this is exceptional. It certainly speaks to the soul.

With regards to the Templar recording:

Sounds like Latin, but the reverb really obscures it so I cannot distinguish words to translate it. The Title means "peace of the lord" in Latin, but that is the title.

The recording is very reminiscent of Gregorian Chant, however with the name "Templar" I imagine that it is not Roman Catholic liturgical music since there has been a schism between Rome and the Templars for several centuries.

I've done a bit of research and have verified that they are singing in Latin.

I played that Templar track last night & all the foxes came out in armour asking for fellow animals to join them to form a crusade to the holy land & to keep the blood line a deep secret.

LOL, nice ! Keep your eye's peeled, you might be visited by Jesuits next. Remember, no-one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Take care ;)

W R

I've spent alot of the day playing as much of that stuff as I can find, I gotta admit it is great.
Thanks to the guy/woman that stuck it up as you have turned me onto something I never would have looked into before.

White-Rose ;)
I'm English & riased upon that stuff.

The best find of today was this by far, I got no idea what the hell it's about but I like it.
Makes me think of the start of a Sunn O))) concert as they fire up their Valve tube-amps & Attila Csihar comes walking out in his robes.

Oh shit!!!!
See what you have caused White_Rose!!!!!

didymus.jpg

url

^ ah, Sir Didymus & Ambrosius =D

With regards to the Templar recording:

Sounds like Latin, but the reverb really obscures it so I cannot distinguish words to translate it. The Title means "peace of the lord" in Latin, but that is the title.

The recording is very reminiscent of Gregorian Chant, however with the name "Templar" I imagine that it is not Roman Catholic liturgical music since there has been a schism between Rome and the Templars for several centuries.

Latin & Christian, respectively.

Yeah, there's always been some Jerry Springer-eque stuff going on with those two. :)

What the hell is this!!???!!!?!!?!!??
SOunds like someone been on the rice wine & decided to play a rusty spring, I'll stick to Ki&Ki the Shamisen players (their cover of Tsugaru Jongara Bushi is quite something)
I like it, it's exceptionally, beautiful imo ( magic over a bass sound), you can hear some influence on contemporary sounds in there, also.

The Argentine wizard.

^ ah, Sir Didymus & Ambrosius =D

Latin & Christian, respectively.

Yeah, there's always been some Jerry Springer-eque stuff going on with those two. :)

I like it, it's exceptionally, beautiful imo ( magic over a bass sound), you can hear some influence on contemporary sounds in there, also.

The Argentine wizard.

Don't get your panties in a knot, LOL.

It was a joke and Z B got it!

"Now for something completely different."

Does that sound "woody?"

Damn tinny sounding things ...

^ underwear has nothing to do with any of this. Goddamnit. Don't start with me WR!...I speak Latin and I'm NOT afraid to use it!:X