View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Something you kept with yourself

aloneinthevoid

Greenlighter
What is the greatest truth you've come to realize while under the influence of any psychedelic? Something you took and kept with you even after the trip was long over.

I'm moving this to Psychedelic Drugs, as it's not a trip report (but certainly a valid topic for discussion. :))

The greatest truth I ever realized was the first one, on my first trip, that I was lucky enough to encounter. That we are all the universe experiencing itself subjectively, in one infinite moment. We are all the same force of awareness, and subjective experience is the universe's (our) dream.

I've had various realizations about myself, too, but that one trumps all the rest. Totally changed my life, a long time ago.

That the human mind is the most powerful and terrifying thing we know of in the universe currently.

I'm moving this to Psychedelic Drugs, as it's not a trip report (but certainly a valid topic for discussion. :))

The greatest truth I ever realized was the first one, on my first trip, that I was lucky enough to encounter. That we are all the universe experiencing itself subjectively, in one infinite moment. We are all the same force of awareness, and subjective experience is the universe's (our) dream.

I've had various realizations about myself, too, but that one trumps all the rest. Totally changed my life, a long time ago.
This but truly the subjectivity of all things. How people live, die, and kill by "thier" commandments. Yet that their commandments don't really mean much of anything as far as being some written or unwritten law used to justify acts. It's just some ism they cling too. Which if used positively is great but otherwise...

a very organic centeredness, suspended, timeless,
an ability to ride what is, and to get back to it again after distracted with a side trip

What is the greatest truth you've come to realize while under the influence of any psychedelic?

Life is basically a game and the point is to have fun but you shouldn't be a dick to the other players. Ironically, my father gave me this advice when I was 14 he just phrased it differently. I prefer his version to my own;

Smoke all you want but never reach in another man's bag without asking

Last edited:
so utlizing mdma, lsd and nitrous, I am sometimes, depending on set & setting, able to go to this "place" if I'm incredibly relaxed and serene sort of. I have to be in a certain mindset that mdma+lsd impart. I need to be a bit mentally suggestible in terms of the "true nature of our reality". The first time it happened it was sort of triggered by me accepting the possibility, asking some rhetorical question "what if..?" WHOOSH. From then on, every time I delve in I'm presented with the same "what if..?", and I simply need to mentally accept it, to fully surrender myself to the experience. It feels like theres a techniques/trick to it that you won't be able to do until you do it for the first time, then you understand forever.

It's incredibly short lived, but its as powerful as dmt in terms of a complete out of body out of reality experience with full on ego death. And every time its as if I've found the secret of the universe, or at least gotten one step closer to it, and I'll always be one step behind it. But I realized the meaning of that was sort of cliche almost, "its about the journey not the destination" a bit. Its sort of a different realization each time, but they feel subsequent as if the new one picks up where the last left off. They can be like an alternate reality/world with a completely different version of myself, others and reality and theres a sort of narrative to it (like infinite past/future/parallel lives I've lived flashing before my eyes). Idk I could go on for hours which is why I keep it to myself mostly as I end up sounding like a babbling crazy person, but it truly is the most profound experience(s) I've ever had and often I'm basically speechless for hours afterward. I come out of it feeling like I fully understand what it is I need to do in life to be happy even if I don't know so literally what it is, just everything's going to be alright.

Sometimes, it doesn't work though, and I just chalk it up to now isn't the time and don't force it. I have tried forcing it a bit one time when it wasn't working and it almost felt like some entity or entities were angry and it scared the living fuck out of me. It's totally the whole "if you get the message, hang up the phone", like experience was saying to me "told you once not going to tell you again, not now, focus on and continue to integrate what we shared with you last time". Its not entity contact like DMT where they're LITERALLY there, its just this intense visual and mental trip with a feeling of an entity or THE entity that is also me but not me at the same time

I have some friends that have experienced the same thing and are able to trigger it to happen, and others who are currently unable to enter such a state even under the influence of the same substances.

Last edited:
We as humans perceive and experience time, the 4th dimension, one "instance" of it at a time, in a linear sequence that we cannot control.
But all time exists at once, past present and future.

My first experiene was MDMA + Cannabis when I was 19. I peaked. Thought "Wow, this is the best I will ever possibly feel in my entire life". Universe was like haha NO, "BOOM, here's some light. Voice saying "yo, yepyepwoah, I've heard what you've been asking. You're doing fine. Keep doing what you are doing. Don't worry, I got you"

Took me like 6-7 years to figure out what "kundalini" was. Until then I just thought "okay, that felt so fucking good something must be going on, I guess I won't kill myself"

About three months later, maybe third time with mushrooms, it happened again. Ate them, lay in bed, felt a fire start below my gut and slowly rise up my spine. Hit the center of my head and explode into orgasmic love and light. Had visions of a negative dystopian machine world, and a beautiful natural mountaneous grassland world. I had really been struggling with "diagnosing myself" wanting to take supplements or psychiatric drugs to "fit in". That experience pretty much put a stop to that, I got the message somewhat, this worlds lies VS what IS. Still no fucking clue what really happened at the time though, just like "oh, another reason not to kill myself, cool".

When I was 25 I had a psychedelic experience seeing my main chakras bright and whirling. Another with my astral body basically come out of my physical body and rotate around for me to look at. At this point I finally put all the shit together and was like "ohhhh okay". Lots of other stuff along those lines in that timeframe.

Lost the plot pretty hard though and fucked around for a while. Still a lot of somewhat enlightening experiences, they between 25 and 33, just started getting more negative, because I got more negative.

The truth is out there, for anyone to see. You just have to ask. That's all I did. I met some guy in jail who described having a white light/angelic experience while he was in jail comming back from court one day. Said "yo, God, I think I hate you, maybe i hate these religious fucks, uhhhh... let me see what that guy saw and maybe I won't hate so much". About a week later I got it.

Just gotta make your choice and do not be a selfish asshole. Pretty easy, real easy to get lost too though, and not even realize how lost you are. Also pretty easy to get found. Just don't give up. I'd do it again tommorrow. Otherwise I doubt I would believe half the things I believe, because I don't trust anything I can't experience, and only half of what I can experience ;-)