AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football NFL Offseason Thread---> 2019 NFL Draft and Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

mal3volent

Bluelight Crew
The NFL Draft will be Nashville this year.
Thursday , April 25.

77 Days until NFL Draft.

First regular season game...
September 5th.

210 Days until Regular Season.

So what are we gonna speculate on guys, now that the 2018 season is Over? How many seasons will Tom play in NE? What are you looking for to help your team move into 2019? WR? QB? Safety?

who is your way-too-early picks for the playoffs next year?

Last edited:
looking forward, i think the pats have two priorities:

- find a quarterback. brady's the greatest but his days are numbered. he'll definitely be back next year but i think he has 2 years tops left. need to get his replacement in and up to speed.

- bolster the wr position. hogan is a free agent, gronk is looking old, who knows what's happening with josh gordon and julian edelman is also getting on. need help here.

alasdair

Rebuilding for the pack, so this off season is huge for us. Most likely looking at some high priced older free agent vets leaving the team. We need to regain positive team chemistry and Rodgers needs to lose some of the attitude he gotten over the last few years and step up and lead.

just read this: Cam Newton Says He Couldn't Throw Farther Than 30 Yards with Shoulder Injury

thoughts mal3?

he should not have been playing... if i was a panthers fan, i'd be pretty pissed at both newton and the coaching staff.

alasdair

Cam being Cam even with the shoulder injury was better than our alternative. As he says in the video, they were still hanging in there for a long time, and even when the losses started to stack up they were single possession losses. He's a fighter and wanted to get his team as far as he possibly could. It's unfortunate that players on other teams have knowledge of these type injuries and are allowed to get away with targeting those areas. Without even so much as a penalty. Then other guys can get brushed lightly by a pinky down his face mask and get their drive saved. Oh well.

I hate we lost Peppers. We obviously need to work on the OL and I feel like I've been saying this for my whole life, but can we please get a real receiver for fucks sake.

you think the panthers going 1-7 with an injured cam was better than any alternative? the literally could not have done much worse. you don't think they go better than 1-7 if they sign colin kaepernick?

alasdair

Kaepernick doesn't want a temporary or backup job, I think he made that clear, but perhaps I'm mistaken. We all know the political implications within the nfl ownership of doing something like that, not to mention the news coverage and distraction and sideshow it would devolve into.

leaving that slightly trollish topic aside...look at our record. We started 6-2 and l agree with Cam, I was already convinced we were in Super Bowl contention. Based not just on our record, but the chemistry of the team, the way Cam was so rapidly adapting into a new offensive style, CMC breaking out, etc. Then the Pittsburgh game happened. It was a catastrophe on every level, Cam hurt his shoulder, the officiating sucked, we got embarrassed and it certainly deflated the team a little psychologically.

The next five games were consecutive losses, but do you know what the average point differential was? 4. The five game skid that put us out of playoff contention, we lossed by an average of 4 points. We were 6-8 going into to our last two games, and split those meaningless exhibitions 1-1.

So you see, even with Cams injury, we were still more than competitive every week. Perhaps in a *cough* easier division we could have given him a week or two of rest and made that final push into the playoffs. Who knows?

So yeah, they "literally could" have done much worse. They just got really unlucky and had a terrible injury and a terrible stretch of close loss games.

i was slightly trolling but i thin the claim that playing an injured first string qb was the team's only option is weak. i think it's just poor management.

the point differential stat is interesting but academic - you don't get any benefit in the nfl for losing games by a slimmer margin. an L is an L.

maybe you should push the team to petition for a change of conference because you'd like an easier ride? :)

alasdair

i was slightly trolling but i thin the claim that playing an injured first string qb was the team's only option is weak. i think it's just poor management.

Do you have any idea how many NFL players play through injuries because their team can't afford to lose them? There are season ending injuries and then there are ones you have to deal with. Injured shoulder Cam is still better than any backup.

the point differential stat is interesting but academic - you don't get any benefit in the nfl for losing games by a slimmer margin. an L is an L.

Everyone knows an L is an L. We were discussing whether Cam should have kept playing or not. You said he literally couldn't have done much worse. I proved to you that he literally could have done much worse. You don't get credit for close losses as far as Ws and Ls , but you do get credit when two dudes on a message board are evaluating your overall performance as a quarterback.

maybe you should push the team to petition for a change of conference because you'd like an easier ride? :)

No, no. Would want to disturb the balance of power over there for you guys. Must be tough playing almost half your season against the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins.

Do you have any idea how many NFL players play through injuries because their team can't afford to lose them? There are season ending injuries and then there are ones you have to deal with. Injured shoulder Cam is still better than any backup.
well, considering you went 1-7 in the second half and you would have just gone 0-8 if you put a washing machine in as qb, then, yeah, i guess you are right :)

alasdair

well, considering you went 1-7 in the second half and you would have just gone 0-8 if you put a washing machine in as qb, then, yeah, i guess you are right :)

alasdair

please refer back to posts #7 and #10 please and thanks for playing

i suspect this is where we agree to disagree.

if my team thought their very best chance of winning was an injured qb who went 1-7 in the second half, i'd be pretty critical. ymmv.

alasdair

Dude, again you're repeating yourself. Refer to post #12. If you can't respond to some actual points/arguments, just take the L and move on.

i am responding - you just don't like what i'm saying :)

like i say, agree to disagree. you can have the last word.

alasdair

Why aren't the Patriots signing Kap to back up Brady? Would it have anything to do with Kraft, Belichick, and Brady being huge Trump supporters?

i have no idea. i think kap's a great qb and would totally support seeing him as brady's backup.

there was actually a rumor floating around end of last year that pats were considering kap. kraft would neither confirm nor deny. i know devin mccourty, for one, is a fan.

alasdair

20122739_22_600_534-jpg.13711

Status
Not open for further replies.