• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football NFL Offseason Thread---> 2019 NFL Draft and Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently not anyone on BL but it did pretty well in the ratings!

question of the day: Where will Antonio Brown end up?
49ers or colts I'm hearing...

only 71 days til the draft!

hearing all sorts of rumours - dolphins, cardinals, packers and raiders seem to be the favourites.

wtf happened in pittsburgh with bell and brown? :\

alasdair

I just think AB hates Big Ben and all the drama the last couple of months has done irreparable damage. I don't even think he cares which team he gets traded to. He just wants out of Pittsburgh.

come play with your boy Cam, AB.

Idk what you're on about, but it could happen. Do I think it will? No. But it's not out of the realm of possibility. Our new owner Tepper was a minority owner of the Steelers, good friends with all of the ownership. Cam and AB are basically best friends. The biggest reason it won't happen is because we are hurting worse in other areas.

if you don't know what i'm on about, how can you say it could happen? :)

i am, of course, talking about the comments tepper made about possibly holding cam out of the entire 2019 season.

alasdair

if you don't know what i'm on about, how can you say it could happen? :)

i am, of course, talking about the comments tepper made about possibly holding cam out of the entire 2019 season.

alasdair

The "it could happen" was referring to AB being traded to Carolina.

Oh see, that's why it didn't even register for me. Tepper wishes he never said that, he doesn't have a lot of experience as the head of a team. Plus the whole winter thing was really throwing me off seeing as the season starts in September 2020.

you ok man...need to lay down...pop a Xanax?

i'm just dandy my friend.

my team won the superbowl - again :)

but i am sad football is done for another year.

alasdair

Only 203 days

it doesn't really start getting to me until after ncaa tournament and the nba finals. At that point it's basically 3 months away and time passes quicker since it's summer

Last edited:
So I did some reading, and it sounds like Belichick doesn't sign free agents in order to get more round picks. Also, he tends to trade down for more picks because he understands that the draft is a crap shoot, and he doesn't want high paid rookies to discourage the veterans who have earned their way to the field. He's all about getting the team to work cohesively. And picking players that he genuinely likes, and knows the team will like as well.

With that said, I don't think any particular area of the NE patriots needs to be the focus during the draft. We just won the super bowl. Our defense looked amazing and will just continue to get better. We have a couple weapons on WR, and frankly no one can catch Edelman. As alasdairm said, possibly could use more weapons on WR, but I think Belichick will more likely want to pick 1). players he and the team will get along with 2). players he can develop over time to let the championship veterans keep their pride, and on a side note only keep free agents who worked cohesively with the team.

I don't think Belichick coaches thinking a player has a certain value over their head, but more like they all have the same potential if only they worked together.

We will only get stronger. Long live the 'chick. ;p

If anything, we should be training a mini 'chick on the off chance that brady nails him with a fastball and he croaks.

Eagles are like 16 million over the cap. Hard decisions need to be made soon.

Haha Kraft is living his best life. That's for sure.

I really wish the Eagles went with Foles over Wentz. I just have this feeling we are making a huge mistake. If Wentz gets injured again this year we are really in a bind. Have to pick up his 5th year option and let him play then keep him in free agency. Or he could play mediocre to the point fans turn on him.

Whatever happens this is the last year of our SB window

He will drag the court proceedings out until he dies. Money makes magic in the "justice system"

Jason Witten coming out if retirement for the Cowboys. I'm so glad I don't have to listen to him announce next year.

Can't wait to start watching the combine.

KYLER MURRAY ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.