• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Do you forgive??

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sonicwhite
Ever heard the work of Leonard Ravenhill?
"You go to the cross but you DON'T get up on the cross" ;)

I'm yet to this day to come across ANYONE that talks like you have posted but are willing to put their faith & words into action, it is one thing to talk & quite another to put your faith into action & believe it. My faith as I've said about before on here I put into action daily when I go about my actions, I've NEVER come across a Christian that actually goes along the words of the Bible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07ErJ8D7Vp4

Yes I forgive, it's one of the many self centered things I do for myself..

My ex tho is the hardest one to forgive. She knew I had just been thru what I did. Not the the extent but she saw how bad I was after I got out of jail.

It just seemed like once I started to come to she was like he?s ok, time to leave.

Adding insult to injury.

I have to work on it everyday not to let it get to me.

Fuck sake. I don't care where this thread came from but the topic is FORGIVENESS. Not Jesus, or Israel, or the Bible, or Hell, or whatever. If you can talk about those things in the context of forgiveness, then fine; but no more Bible spam, okay?

I've unapproved all the unrelated posts. If anyone goes down the irrelevant rabbit hole again they'll get an infraction. We have probably dozens if not hundreds of threads about Christianity pre-existing in P&S. Find one and post in that if you want to keep up the scholarly/geopolitical Bible talk.

Forgiveness is essential. It has let me move on from my past and basically say "f*ck it". You learn from trials in life, and you can use the experience to help others in the same situation. Forgiveness should always be offered to the other person, whether or not they are seeking it (yet).

But please keep in mind, to forgive should not be to completely forget. Remove the toxic people from your life and don't let it burden your soul any longer.

Forgiveness is a powerful ability. Have you ever wronged someone purely for selfish motives and had them, not just forgive but offer you more then you even tried to take? When you realize they aren't being sarcastic but honestly handing you what you desired in excess it changes the power dynamic of that relationship permanently.

The hardest person I never had to forgive was myself, perhaps the most important too, before I really forgave myself I didn't realize how it would feel. Because of the experience I learned how it must feel to others when I can honestly either find no offence or forgive as easily as possible.

Once I had a woman come ask me to forgive her for a wrong she had done me years before, I didn't consider the wrong an offence at all and had never thought poorly about her. Her need for forgiveness had stolen so many hours of her life with worry and stress yet as the victim of her wrong I never perceived anything. The difficult part was my forgiveness felt empty to her because I didn't even remember the incident. Can you really forgive someone for a wrong only they perceive?

Sonic, I'm gonna move this back to TDS, okay? I think that'll be better for you...

I was going to close this thread, but as forgiveness is somewhat of a relevant TDS topic, I'm going to leave it open, but I decided to UA the posts that are solely of a religious nature instead. There are plenty of existing threads in P&S where this can be appropriately discussed. I haven't infracted anyone as a mod yet, and I'd rather not start now, but if I have to keep unapproving posts, I won't hesitate to do it.

Last edited:
Daniels downcast journal

Last night I was struggling, struggling w my faith. In the moments of deep despair I question everything.

If I ever became atheist I would lose all sight.

I would be an empty void.

Sometimes I think if He isn?t real what?s the point of life.

A pain so deep it bellows.

Guys I need a hand!

Edit: I just saw aihfl's post, and you really need to listen to him sonic. I'll PM you my response about coping without god if you're interested, but TDS probably isn't going to be the place for it because it's philosophical in nature. If you are wanting to have that discussion, Philosphy&Spitutuality would be the place for it.

To summarize:

The mind is a powerful thing, and much of how think is shaped by how we perceive ourselves and the world around us. If you truly believe there is an omnipotent being out there that loves and cares about your every move, and that being also has infinite reward waiting for you once you pass the test of this life... well of course the idea that none of that exist would initially be a devastating one.

But eventually you realize that your beliefs about the world, particularly false ones, do nothing to change the world outside of you. The world didn't change to instantly become either safe or hopeless, your perception of it did.

Last edited:
I love ppl who do drugs. I know exactly what everyone is going thru.

I did every drug I could do at once. Down the bottle of percs. Lortab ecstasy weed meth, shrooms.

What I went thru Was so eye opening.

I don?t doubt ppl who do drigs either have a spiritual awakening or a ego death.

When I finally laid down everything for the first time I told myself I?m going to do things the right way.

I cannot express enough how good I felt.

I don?t want any advice on how to be an Athiest.

Athiest believe there is nothing after this.

When I thought about suicide I told myself nothing is that bad.

The Lord told me ?nothing? is that bad.

Anyways keep me in your thoughts folks. I truly do love all of you. You have been very kind to me and very wise too.

I just mean that if life was so beautiful when you believed in one thing, but life no longer seems beautiful when your belief changes, it's important to note that it wasn't the world that changed only your perception of it.

Do you notice how fast you cycle through emotion, Sonic? I don't say that to shame you, I understand you might be going through a lot, just that it makes it very hard to communicate with you. One minute, you are overwhelmed with religious fervor, the next you are spiraling down hopelessly, the next you are back to believing in god. Compare your posts 3-4 posts ago to your original thread, and to your last post.

We are here to offer emotional support for each other during these dark and confusing times. But we aren't here to offer religious support or reinforce any religious belief or view. If you are looking for things to reinforce your belief in god- well that is what churches are for. I'd suggest you go find one if that is what you want. You'll get a lot of atheist viewpoints here online because for a lot of us this is our church of godlessness. A place that we can support and connect with each other without the burdens of theology or belief in god getting in the way.

Really, this is mostly a place for other drug users to support other drug users, as it's a drug forum at the core. We don't discriminate against any belief as long as you or a loved one has drug related problems.

The problem isn't that you believe in god, sonic. The problem is that you want to talk about god more than you do anything else. You make brief mention of yourself and your story only to allude to god. If god is the answer to all problems and it's all that you need then we have nothing to offer you, you'll inevitably end up preaching the answer of god to everyone else who attempts to help.

I want you to have a place to work through your crisis, but you'll have to leave the god talk behind if you want to do it here. I'd love to hear your story if you actually talk about yourself rather than your religion. I think people would listen if you were to talk about specific times of your 7 year stint, or how you over came specific drug addictions and withdrawal. Or how the medications you take make you feel funny. Or how you feel like shit when you wake up every morning. Really whatever, so long as you are talking about you as a person, and not you as a belief. If you want people to relate to you as a person, you have to give them the story of yourself. People can relate to feelings but only agree or disagree with beliefs.

I'm closing this, and will discuss with aihfl about possible infraction. I don't know how we can make it any more clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.