• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

How do meth users keep getting high ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

autowrecker503

Greenlighter
Iv been a "functional" user almost 3 years. I eat, sleep normally, I own my own business, and have never been to jail. Im even overweight.

My problem is I'm starting to not really get high anymore. In the beginning I lost tons of weight and now iv almost gained it all back but do more dope.

Up until july I only ate it and snorted it but got introduced to smoking and have been doing that mostly. Thats when it seemed like my tolerance just went through the roof.

Its not my quality because iv shared it with other users and they say its some of the best and literally keep asking for my plug.

The obvious thing to do is quit and I agree I probably should, but I'm honestly not ready to completely stop. If I took a week break would things go back to normal? My biggest concern is the amount of weight iv gained. It's super depressing.

Iv tried boofing but that doesn't get me that high like everyone says it's to me like eating it. Ill never iv that's a promise iv made to myself

I don't understand how useres can just use and use and still get high. Surely it eveventually just stops working completely? Is there some secret I'm missing out on ?

Iv been a "functional" user almost 3 years. I eat, sleep normally, I own my own business, and have never been to jail. Im even overweight.

My problem is I'm starting to not really get high anymore. In the beginning I lost tons of weight and now iv almost gained it all back but do more dope.

Up until july I only ate it and snorted it but got introduced to smoking and have been doing that mostly. Thats when it seemed like my tolerance just went through the roof.

Its not my quality because iv shared it with other users and they say its some of the best and literally keep asking for my plug.

The obvious thing to do is quit and I agree I probably should, but I'm honestly not ready to completely stop. If I took a week break would things go back to normal? My biggest concern is the amount of weight iv gained. It's super depressing.

Iv tried boofing but that doesn't get me that high like everyone says it's to me like eating it. Ill never iv that's a promise iv made to myself

I don't understand how useres can just use and use and still get high. Surely it eveventually just stops working completely? Is there some secret I'm missing out on ?

Great question autowreaker503. Meth like all party drugs that make you feel good can lose they're magic due to a person building a tolerance threshold from the same repeated dose. I agree when you say you don't understand how useres can just use and use and still get high has i too have friends who go hard and when they score their ice they go all out and buy anything from half a gram to half an eight ball and as you said they just use and use and use for days on end without appearing to feel any reduction in the high due to tolerance or diminished buzz from benign smoking Crystal meth over a long period of time.

For the OP information the only way to lower tolerance is to take a month or two break from using meth. As autowreaker503 admitted he was starting to not really get high anymore from smoking meth and in his own words he said "Up until july I only ate it and snorted it but got introduced to smoking and have been doing that mostly. Thats when it seemed like my tolerance just went through the roof."

Meth isn't physically addictive so if you are honestly a functional user who is not in the grip of addiction stopping smoking meth to take a break and let your tolerance lower would be a great test to your self-control. However if quitting meth leaves you bummed out than there is no shame in undergoing professional counselling.

Although autowreaker you deserve to be commented if you truly are a functional user of meth who manages to own and operate your own small business but if you become addicted to sleeping medication than your meth tolerance will be the least of your problems.

As far as your sudden weight gain only proper diet and exercise are the long term solution to maintaining a healthy weight. Sure smoking ice reduces appetite and cravings for food in the short term and when high on meth you can go up to a full 24 hours not eating a thing but once the come down happens you get hungry for food with a vengeance. You may think getting high once a week on meth is a effective technique to lose some kilo's studies done in the 1950s by doctors experimenting with amphetamines for long term weight lose indicate the opposite result.

I'm in the same boat as you are, and there are probably thousands more who have the same issues. I dont know how much you smoke daily, but I go through 2 or 3 grams easily. And where I live it's probably better than anywhere else, without a doubt, and really cheap. What I do sometimes is I will try to go as long as possible without smoking. That might help you appreciate it more. Or you can pretend you ran out and can't get ahold of your connect...

The easier answer is that they don't. You either use only once in a while and get high, or use all the time and just get by. That applies to pretty much all drugs.

It worries me that you describe yourself as a functional user who can't get high anymore. You are on the precipice, peering over the edge of no return. Be careful, my friend. The best thing for you is probably never to use meth again. And if that statement set of alarm bells of worry, angry denial, or sadness in you, then that is twice as true.

They don't. Tolerance. What everyone else said. Btw, my late husband was a functional meth/weed addict for around 3yrs. He was addicted to many drugs over his life, but HIGHLY functional. Until he died from an IV fentanyl analogue overdose at age 27. He would probably be a Nobel prize winner had he not died. No joke. I could also never tell when he was high on anything, except PCP.

Its fake crap your getting there no meth around anymore its fucked

Along with tolerance is that mentally you're perceiving what to expect and that's where it seems to lack for you. It's happened to me with crack cocaine I did it daily for about 2 months ( maintaining a healthy lifestyle as in I didn't binge Day and night, I slept when I deemed I needed) and at the end of the two months, I could load bowls with more than I could smoke in 10+ hits and fill my lungs with back to back as much as I could breathe in so much so my living room would be ' hotboxed' I was still high but that magic you go for wasn't really there, I switched to snorting it for 6 months before going back to smoking and long behold it was back to being amazing, the mind adjusts and gets used to things it's not just a tolerance Thing the mind and body are amazing like that, we change, we adapt, we change some more :)
When you get used to somthing you just know what to expect from it and when it comes to drugs add in tolerance and the "bang" gets harder n harder to achieve

Thats the best option, difficult at times or to lower what you use.

Hey was just seeing the verdict, what the OP ending up doing.

I’m fine went away didn’t use for a week, couldn’t, come back and didn’t use till tonight and going to bed early - got out of my habit routine I guess ??‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.