Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Looking For Information on Red Mitsubishis [VICE Media]

sjnichols

Bluelighter
Hey everyone,

My name is Sam Nichols, and I'm a journalist with VICE. I'm doing a story on the history of Red Mitsubishis I'm hoping to speak to some people on the topic.

Before everything, I want to say that names can definitely be withheld for anyone interested in talking. And that I'm not looking to disparage or mock drug usage or anything like that. I'm really just looking for the history and any anecdotal information that anyone may have on Red Mitsubishis from 1997 onwards.

What I'm hoping to learn here is the origin of Red Mitsubishis. My understanding is that they were first pressed in Europe (not sure which country) in 1997, and by 2000, there were many copycats around Europe, a lot of which contained PMA. If anyone could confirm, deny or provide any more information, that would be amazing.

If you're interested in talking or have anything you want to ask me, please feel free to. You can message me here, comment in the thread, email me at nicholsgb [at] gmail [dot] com or message me on Wickr at nicholsgb.

Thanks so much for your time and hopefully hear back from some of you!
Sam

Hey everyone,

My name is Sam Nichols, and I'm a journalist with VICE. I'm doing a story on the history of Red Mitsubishis I'm hoping to speak to some people on the topic.

Before everything, I want to say that names can definitely be withheld for anyone interested in talking. And that I'm not looking to disparage or mock drug usage or anything like that. I'm really just looking for the history and any anecdotal information that anyone may have on Red Mitsubishis from 1997 onwards.

What I'm hoping to learn here is the origin of Red Mitsubishis. My understanding is that they were first pressed in Europe (not sure which country) in 1997, and by 2000, there were many copycats around Europe, a lot of which contained PMA. If anyone could confirm, deny or provide any more information, that would be amazing.

If you're interested in talking or have anything you want to ask me, please feel free to. You can message me here, comment in the thread, email me at nicholsgb [at] gmail [dot] com or message me on Wickr at nicholsgb.

Thanks so much for your time and hopefully hear back from some of you!
Sam

The first mitsubishi's were white and where about in the uk in 1998.
You had red barrels which were pure mdma just before that.

HTH

I must admit I've never heard of red Mitsubishi's (nor red barrels for that matter). Did they have the Mitsubishi logo on them?

I must admit I've never heard of red Mitsubishi's (nor red barrels for that matter). Did they have the Mitsubishi logo on them?

Nopes but they had the shape of a barrel thus I presume the name given.

Yeah they did! In Australia, they were quite big in 2004/got a lot of coverage in the media. I'm wanting to see if there was an origin before that.

Does anyone have the link for the thread discussing the old xtc pills?

I had them back in 99 ish then they'd sporadically reappear through the 2000's. Once a press has a good rep then its copycat time so each subsequent pressing gets worse. Like the infamous number 1s of 2003 ish
Are red barrels like when folk claim their pills are double stacked? Just extra filler?

Are red barrels like when folk claim their pills are double stacked? Just extra filler?
Nopes high strength mdma, almost crystal like effects but not quite.
That's the only 'red' pills I've come across.

Don't we have a "Sister-Website" that is purely full of pill info / experiences / litmus tests (even mass spectrometer results sometimes!) ?
I can't remember the name of it for the life of my colander-brained life of me!
:?

I get the impression the OP is looking for more anecdotal evidence to put a human touch to a story with folk who are easily contactable? I might be wrong.

the only ones i had were white or slightly grey some with speckles with the mitshi logo on one side and they were good end of the 90's i think and here (london) they were about for at lest a year or so