Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Looking For Information on Red Mitsubishis [VICE Media]

sjnichols

Bluelighter
Hey everyone,

My name is Sam Nichols, and I'm a journalist with VICE. I'm doing a story on the history of Red Mitsubishis in Australia, particularly how the media's approach to reporting them in 2004, and I'm hoping to speak to some people on the topic.

Before everything, I want to say that names can definitely be withheld for anyone interested in talking. And that I'm not looking to disparage or mock drug usage or anything like that. I'm really just looking for the history and any anecdotal information that anyone may have on Red Mitsubishis from 1997 onwards.

What I'm hoping to learn here is:

* When Red Mitsubishis came on the scene. My understanding is that they were first pressed in Europe in 1997, and by 2000, there were many copycats around Europe, a lot of which contained PMA.
* When they first came onto the Australian scene, and what they were actually like.
* Any perspectives on how the media reported on them.

If you're interested in talking or have anything you want to ask me, please feel free to. You can message me here, email me at nicholsgb [at] gmail [dot] com or message me on Wickr at nicholsgb.

Thanks so much for your time and hopefully hear back from some of you!
Sam

I was active in that period but I see no good from writing a story about a stamp. FWIW I had all different coloured Mitsubishis

Wow, Red Mitsubishis were amazing. I had one in October of 2000 in Sydney from a supplier in the Darlinghurst (very gay guy type - professional, high paying job. I think he was trying to hit on me actually). I have no idea if they were from the original European supplier or not as I did not ever ask him where he got his stuff from.

They were definitely up there. In the top 3 best pills i ever had. Definitely hard to pick which was better as I always thought the white crowns, green euro's and green Mitsubishi's were up there. The dealer i got them from was very 'high end'. He claimed he provided drugs to most of the magistrates at Downing Centre, or toy boys at QLD based resorts. This was done to provide insurance in the event he was ever arrested and charged (which he was around 2001-2002). He got off with a probation despite having thousands of tablets.

I had a regeant tester which did not detect the presences of PMA and at the time was unaware of any scandal regarding PMA. I wasn't on Bluelight at the time and at least i didn't know of Pillreports (was it running in 2000?)

Back to the pills, like i said they were amazing. They felt clean. I felt like i was falling in love all over again. The thing was I didn't pill and club. I wasn't into dancing. I would take a pill and walk 10-20km with a bunch of mates as we would search out every dark/strange nook and cranny, from Surry Hills to Woolloomooloo. However the night i took the Red Mitsubishis i was in fact on my first date ever (went on to marry her 3 years later). We were at Crickters Arm's at Surry Hill (sitting at the bench on the left . It was her first pill so i gave her a quarter of it and i had half which was what i usually would do - i was pretty sensitive to MDMA.

It was a magical evening. We talked into the evening, drink beer that felt like the gods nectar. Everything glowed whilst the music seemed to connect everyone together (they had a DJ spinning vinyl). The peak was beautiful. We weren't jittery. The eye wiggles were minimal. It was like she and I were the only two people left in the world, time slowed down and it was as if we talked for days. The hang over the next day was very manageable (from what i recall, compared to previous pills).

That said it was one of the last pills I ever took. I had actually become addicted to speed (real amphetamines not that shit called Meth). The thing was back in those days the pills in Sydney contained so much caffeine and speed that i was addicted badly to speed. A few weeks after that Red Mitsubishi i went on a several day bender, went into a psychosis after not sleeping for several days. I ended up at Bondi beach doing this - though i'm no Ethan Hawk), scrubbing the spiders and bugs out of my skin with sand at dawn.

After that episode i threw away my amphetamines and had a bit of a break from pills and such. This was however the time i developed an exceedingly expensive nitrous oxide and LSD addiction (passing out my desk in a pool of bulbs). But that is a story for another time.