• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

February recovery thread vs better late than never

cj

Bluelight Crew
This a continuation of our monthly series. Post little updates, stories or whatever doesn't really need it's own thread here!

Last edited by a moderator:
arghhh I'm going for it AGAIN. tapering off SUGAR.

Laugh all you want. I've knocked the habit of drinking booze, weed, coke, tobacco and caffeine over the years. This is by FAR the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Never been totally clean, except for periods of weeks at a time. After a car crash 4 years ago, my yoga and clean eating went out the window, went back to drinking a cider 4 days a week to relax and flush any junk food through to my colon better when woke up, and sleep patterns been all over the place. Been witnessing and observing and studying and having a lush challenging rollercoaster :/ great for science haha

Going back onto just fruit and nuts today, and staying away from stressful situations, pampering myself, quit my job, chilling out reading youtubeing and socializing for a few weeks. Going back on a turpentine protocol, which is the thing I found to be the most effective, with the easiest "die-off" spaced out every 2 days, minimal cravings, big chunks of candida passing in my urine.

I know what to do, dealing with the stress that provokes me to eat shit is just what I need to deal with, and staying away from supermarkets.

It's spring clean though! It's time to start...green makes clean, all the cleavers and dandelions and nettles are catching my eye so much. Now to start taking more action, slowing down, bare minimals for a few weeks. then crack on with some water and dry fasting sometime soon.

Send me thoughts! :)

Mate you will die if you keep drinking turpentine

I'm not joking.

Pretty sure you dont pass candida through urine either you need to see a doctor asap explain what you've been doing and whats happening to your body. I know whoever's put this shit into your head has probably pur you off doctors but please please go and no not to a chiropractor or some other charlatan.

As for me, im astill clean, no drugs in over 4 months. Its getting better.

For everyone struggling: lots of peace and love. We can get through this, one up and down at a time.

Thinking about it I guess/hope you're trolling

nope totally serious, and I know what I'm doing. Have a good peer group who know what they're doing who are the most balanced and healthiest people I know. thanks for the concern though :D

Hope everyone has a decent February.

Peace&Love,
jasper

​I never woke up in the morning wishing I'd gotten drunk the night before.

nope totally serious, and I know what I'm doing. Have a good peer group who know what they're doing who are the most balanced and healthiest people I know. thanks for the concern though :D

i have read about this sort of stuff cos i found it fascinating that people could poison their bodies in that way, probably to deflect from what i was doing to myself at the time. i sincerely hope you're right and i'm wrong, and that the 'balanced and healthy people' aren't cynical shits who convince people to do this stuff for kicks, while saying they do it themselves to convince others.

CH i hope a good day comes your way soon

i've found a new way to get fucked up that doesn't involve drugs. natural endorphins, i exercise as much as i reasonably can and don't really get any from that, i guess its related to having a high natural tolerance to opiates. getting tattooed the other day hurt so much but felt so good after. i was considering self harming to try and replicate the rush, but i have done it for other reasons in the past and know the overall pain/scarring is not worth it. instead of deciding i might as well do heroin i decided to get another tattoo later in the month.

Hey, chinup, I'm pretty sure that's why I love hot peppers and hot pepper sauces. The "fire" gives me sort of a natural speedball in that I get an initial adrenaline rush followed quickly by endorphins. Wow. Just thinking about it makes me want to bite into a habanero right now!

Peace&Love,
jasper

I’m feeling well. Burned myself and no pain and it doesn’t hurt. I’m a lot happier.

I think I know what I “need” and just need to focus on a healthy balance.

Happy Feb. Bluelighters!!

I'm doing well. Feb 28th will be one year since I began this recovery journey and I haven't touched another opiate (besides my 80mg prescribed methadone daily) since the beginning of August. Feeling good and doing well.

I'm looking forward to it, hopefully, warming up a bit here soon. Those first few warm days of the year are always so much fun...everyone out and about doing fun outdoor activities. Looking forward to it.

i have read about this sort of stuff cos i found it fascinating that people could poison their bodies in that way, probably to deflect from what i was doing to myself at the time. i sincerely hope you're right and i'm wrong, and that the 'balanced and healthy people' aren't cynical shits who convince people to do this stuff for kicks, while saying they do it themselves to convince others.

CH i hope a good day comes your way soon

i've found a new way to get fucked up that doesn't involve drugs. natural endorphins, i exercise as much as i reasonably can and don't really get any from that, i guess its related to having a high natural tolerance to opiates. getting tattooed the other day hurt so much but felt so good after. i was considering self harming to try and replicate the rush, but i have done it for other reasons in the past and know the overall pain/scarring is not worth it. instead of deciding i might as well do heroin i decided to get another tattoo later in the month.

A good day would have happened like years ago if it was going to happen. I’m just working on acceptance and inner peace at this point (and am surprisingly even terrible at this too).

Thank you chinup- the sentiment means a lot to me.

I go through an incredible amount of anxiety and grief now. Trying to balance out with meds and it seems a daunting task as I have grown so accustomed to my own miserable mental state. Going to try to keep working on my issues.

Only drank a handful of times the last month and a half... Been off of clonazepam for I think a month now. Now just taking 60mgs propranolol and 10 grams or so grams of kratom per day.

Going back on a turpentine protocol, which is the thing I found to be the most effective, with the easiest "die-off" spaced out every 2 days, minimal cravings, big chunks of candida passing in my urine.

What in the actual...

Turpentine: Natural, perhaps. Safe? No

You may have used turpentine to thin paints and clean brushes, which is its most typical use. Turpentine is an essential oil distilled from pine tree sap ? so it does have ?natural? origins. The major active ingredients in turpentine are aromatic hydrocarbons called terpenes, natural chemicals widely found in essential oils that provide the aroma and flavour of many everyday products ? like the hint of pine resin you taste in your IPA. As you might expect from the poison label on a bottle of turpentine, consuming turpentine can cause hydrocarbon poisoning. At little as a single tablespoon of turpentine can be fatal to a child. Fatalities appear to be rare in adults from consumption, but turpentine can cause severe and even fatal lung inflammation if inhaled, in addition to heart arrhythmias. The CDC says turpentine is ?Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health Concentrations.? Even the vapour can irritate mucous membranes in the mouth, eyes and nose.

It?s amazing the pace at which medicine has advanced since we started using evidence to determine what works. One need only look back at pre-scientific practices to see therapies based solely on folklore and belief. Turpentine is one such remedy that has moved from the pharmacy to the hardware store as a result. Turpentine used to be a folk remedy for all kinds of ailments. Given its toxicity, it remained part of evidence-based medicine only in a few topical products: Vicks Vapo-Rub is probably the most well-known product that still contains turpentine. There are no credible scientific or medical reasons for consuming turpentine orally, but you can find those that advocate consuming it orally, as if the past hundred years? of scientific understanding were irrelevant. A physician stripped of her New York medical license espouses the consumption of turpentine as a ?candida cleaner?. There are also various internet threads describing how to consume it (on a sugar cube, apparently). It?s widely believed to treat candida infections. Why candida? Because candida is a fake disease.

Treating a fake disease: Candida

Candida infections or colonizations that alternative medicine providers describe are not the same fungal infections that are diagnosed by medical doctors and treated with antifungal drugs. In the alternative medicine world, nonspecific complaints (e.g., fatigue) are often attributed to Candida infections. These types of ?infections? are invisible to medical professionals, but seem universal in the CAM belief system. To be clear, Candida is a real fungus, and Candida infections can be real. But in these cases, there?s no evidence that Candida is causing any infection. It?s a made-up diagnosis with no objective evidence to back it up. Given the Candida infection isn?t even real, there?s a huge variety of ?cures? available. Candida ?kits? don?t usually include turpentine however. These remedies are usually laxatives and purgatives, which are believed to ?mop up? Candida, and restore ?balance? to the body. It?s all a charade, designed to give the consumer the illusion that they?re doing something beneficial. Would turpentine actually kill Candida? Perhaps ? in a petri dish. But if you take enough to kill any Candida in your body, it may kill you in the process. Could you feel better after consuming turpentine, if it were taken in small amounts? Possibly, but it would have nothing to do with the turpentine. Given the symptoms attributed to candida are nonspecific, it?s normal to expect that they will wax and wane over time. There?s no evidence to suggest that consuming turpentine will provide any health benefits at all.

Becoming an informed consumer

Candida is a fake disease invented to sell fake treatments. The worst that could usually be said for most candida ?treatments? was that they were probably not harmful. That changes when proponents advocate consuming paint thinner as a supposed natural remedy. There?s no reason to consume turpentine and multiple reasons to avoid it completely, with the primary reason being that it?s a poison. If someone tells you that you may have a Candida infection, then brace yourself, as you?re not getting health advice, but being marketed to.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/medicine-doesnt-come-from-the-hardware-store-dont-drink-turpentine/

A good day would have happened like years ago if it was going to happen. I’m just working on acceptance and inner peace at this point (and am surprisingly even terrible at this too).

Thank you chinup- the sentiment means a lot to me.

no problem. here's wishing you a tolerable day then, and hoping you find some acceptance and inner peace. i guess they're things that wax and wane a bit.

argh when i fall i fall fast and hard. i'll be 5 months clean off all substances in just over a week and could so easily have fucked it today. less wanting to use just not caring and extreme tiredness. i had my group at the drug services and it'd be so easy to buy someone outside there one of each for something to at least make me not feel so utterly shit and tired. didn't though.

jasper- i'm seriously considering the chilli thing but one question- do you find it effects your stomach? i have an erosion from drinking spirits on an empty stomach all weekend for ages and if i irritate it its hell, heroin helps with that but i'm not allowed it anymore.

Just been 40-45 days clean AGAIN from alcohol, H,Ice;coke IV habit.(cravings HORRIBBLE)
Still doing everything to get away everything bad....so lumberjack job it is..my work for now..

Last edited:
I didn't drink last night, and I don't plan to drink tonight. One addiction at a time for now.