Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

GHB withdrawal after 5 years of use

ghbafficionado

Greenlighter
hey all

first post here, since im in a little bit of a tough spot.

i took GHB (not gbl) for about 5 years. it started when i tried it and found out it immediately made my chronic depression much better.

Slowly my use got heavier. i started taking it in the morning, to work, partys etc.

i never needed it to sleep. i can sleep for 10 hours straighr without a need for G.

now my supply has run dry, and i gonna have to face a possible withdrawal. im 16 hours in and took 2 doses in the last 16 hours. by now i feel ok.

i have phenibut and benzos and alcohol.

anyone beeing in the same situation as me and have any tipps?

im hoping that the syntomps will be less evil because i never dosed at night and only took ghb.

any tipps/recommendations/experiences will be higly appreciated!

many thx!

Well, I was dosing it not every day (but like 3 or 4 out of 5 days, but also with phenibut some of the days off) for a little over a month and when I ran out I started getting tremors and got scared I would have a seizure so I decided I needed to use phenibut to wean off. The good news is that phenibut will pretty much entirely block the withdrawal, but the bad news is you'll have to wean off phenibut, but that is easier to do than GHB. Do you have much experience with phenibut?

no big experience w phenibut, but i have enough handy. last 2 days i took 500mg at the evening and slept good and long.

as of now im at 18 hours w 2 small doses of ghb and feel fine, strangely better than the day before. i hope it will go on like this.

phenibut i can take for 4 days or something without serious consequenzes, you think too?

beer calms me down to, so when the g is finished i will stick to small dose of pheni, temesta and a few beers and kratom. i hope this will do the trick;)

Phenibut and GHB are both GABA-B agonists so they're hitting some of the same receptors (though GHB also hits the GHB receptors, and phenibut also blocks calcium ion channels like gabapentin does). So they are cross-tolerant. If you take phenibut 4 days in a row and then not any more you'll probably get away fine, but if you make a habit of that you'll just be addicted to phenibut and get withdrawals.

If you feel better than you did before after 18 hours, try not taking anything, and only take phenibut/other stuff if you start getting bad withdrawals. Kratom is physically addictive, as is phenibut, as is alcohol, as is temesta (it's lorazepam, a benzo). Taking a combination of 4 addictive drugs to get off of another addictive drug is likely to just switch from one addiction to another. And benzo withdrawals in particular are worse than GHB withdrawals.

Another thing about phenibut is it lasts a long time, and also takes a long time to reach full effect. I have been addicted to phenibut before, and got off it, but I used it to get off GHB and I'm dependent on it again. I take it every other day and it lasts about 36 hours before I start feeling light withdrawal creeping back in. Also it takes a good 4 hours or so to reach full effect. There's really no need to take it every day.

thx for your answer!

unfortunately im already addicted to low dose temesta and kratom which i take for chronic pain, so i dont mind taking them :)..

phenibut seems to help quite a bit though. your tip on its halflife is quite helpful, thx. i wont take it everyday in that case.

in the last 48 hours i took 3 small doses of g, the last one about 14 hours ago. atm i feel fine and will keep my last 2 doses for emergencys (i will have to work tomorrow and on friday)