• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

stupid prices in uk for california weed

There is so much grown here now that it's actually being exported as well. However, it is often very strong and there seems to be a growing demand for imported, more balanced strains such as the medical grade stuff from the US.

As someone else mentioned, last time I was in England I used to get the ringpull cans for ?50 an eigth. Pricey, but as an occaional treat not too bad. There's a huge difference between the top quality dispensary stuff though, and someone just flogging good indoor as Cali. Where I lived the Pakistani's used to flog Haze at 1.3 a 20. Ridiculous but bought it a couple times when desperate.

Luckily I'm away from those prices, I pay a quid a gram here in Southeast Asia for the local outdoor landrace. Tastes like shit compared to the good stuff, but gets you stoned alright. Can afford to chuck a half oz every fortnight in to make space cookies as well for the evening. Same situation though, for ?20 a gram I can buy the Cali strains imported... I'll take the 20g thanks

Yes, a tenner/g IS a piss take - especially round my way where you're lucky if you even get a g...

They might be basing their prices on how much is being charged in the Dutch coffee shops which depending upon strain varies from 8 to 14 quid a g. (normally properly weighted if you visit a decent shop)
They don't sell them by the eight.

Was fairly shocked at the prices in the Amsterdam coffee shops when I went last month. I think it is the influence of all this 'Cali weed' bollocks. Apart from some really nice Pineapple Punch it was all fairly mediocre weed. They were totally packed and a lot of them didn't have a nice vibe. Won't be rushing back.

Was fairly shocked at the prices in the Amsterdam coffee shops when I went last month. I think it is the influence of all this 'Cali weed' bollocks. Apart from some really nice Pineapple Punch it was all fairly mediocre weed. They were totally packed and a lot of them didn't have a nice vibe. Won't be rushing back.

It's called inflation. Their prices go up almost every year by about 10%.

i wasnt massively impressed with the weed in amsterdam the past 2 times ive been, ive had stronger here in the uk, but i find the hash in amsterdam to be where its at. i got a great lump of charas and a brownie from a small shop on the outskirts of a'dam when walking to the zoo, had the brownie then smoked a pipe of the charas and FLOATED through the aquarium section, me and another friend that ate his brownie at the same time as me shared that 'are you feeling it too' smile as we just floated on through the aquarium
hash is the way to go in holland, use the weed as a baccy replacement in joints and just pack it full of good hash

i wasnt massively impressed with the weed in amsterdam the past 2 times ive been, ive had stronger here in the uk, but i find the hash in amsterdam to be where its at. i got a great lump of charas and a brownie from a small shop on the outskirts of a'dam when walking to the zoo, had the brownie then smoked a pipe of the charas and FLOATED through the aquarium section, me and another friend that ate his brownie at the same time as me shared that 'are you feeling it too' smile as we just floated on through the aquarium
hash is the way to go in holland, use the weed as a baccy replacement in joints and just pack it full of good hash

I want to Dam with this guy ^^^

One thing I?ve never understood.. How you guys always put tobacco with your cannabis in joints? Why?

While my girl was traveling over there she had multiple times where she would insist people not add tobacco when rolling only to have them do it behind her back with the notion that she wouldn?t be able to handle the joint if it was full of bud. Well for people like us, adding tobacco makes it harder to handle with the dizziness and what-not. Around here, we smoke our weed and our tobacco separate.

So why ya?ll so insistent on tobacco in your spliffs?

-GC

The UK used to be a net importer of cannabis, and it usually came in the form of resin. Cannabis plant was a luxury. Resin can only be smoked in a joint with tobacco, or else in a pipe. In the 1990s, hydroponics took off in a big way, and middling-to-good locally-grown cannabis plant began displacing poor-to-average imported resin. The UK is probably exporting more dope even if you just add up all the odd grams in a traveller's rucksack here and there than it imports nowadays ..... But the baccy habit persists.

The UK used to be a net importer of cannabis, and it usually came in the form of resin. Cannabis plant was a luxury. Resin can only be smoked in a joint with tobacco, or else in a pipe. In the 1990s, hydroponics took off in a big way, and middling-to-good locally-grown cannabis plant began displacing poor-to-average imported resin. The UK is probably exporting more dope even if you just add up all the odd grams in a traveller's rucksack here and there than it imports nowadays ..... But the baccy habit persists.

i love a hash joint with tobacco, it mixes perfect because it burns the right way (no hot rock holes ;) ) and it has a unique taste and high but i find a green joint has a different high that makes my heart race, a pure green joint wont do it as much as if it had had baccy in it.
but when i add tobacco to a hash joint, i add it as something to help the hash burn correctly and get that nice mix of flavor

hows it going becomingjulie? aint been around these parts for a few months

here in Romania we only smoke hash with tobacco, we don't do hot knives and things like I saw the north americans are doing , I always felt that was the most natural way beside smoking it with weed as a tobacco substitute as matt said. also the weed is smoked with tobacco in a joint too, rarely we smoke blunts for an extra aroma kick besides the aroma of the strain, I think the economical aspect (using less in a joint) triggered the method and now it has a traditional aspect too.

Where you from G_C?

Personally I've always put in as little tobacco as possible & used to keep some out special to make it dry so you can crush it to fine dust & use it to JUST keep the spliff alight, these days I smoke bongs or when I have just got some freen I will roll a blunt or two. The issue is you use alot more weed in a blunt but you know you've smoked it =D;)

One thing I?ve never understood.. How you guys always put tobacco with your cannabis in joints? Why?

While my girl was traveling over there she had multiple times where she would insist people not add tobacco when rolling only to have them do it behind her back with the notion that she wouldn?t be able to handle the joint if it was full of bud. Well for people like us, adding tobacco makes it harder to handle with the dizziness and what-not. Around here, we smoke our weed and our tobacco separate.

So why ya?ll so insistent on tobacco in your spliffs?

-GC

As far as I know in the old continent the norm is to use weed or hash mixed with tobacco whether it's a water bong, pipe, chillum, or spliff.
Smoking pure weed not unheard of but most don't do it.
The most common reason for this I hear matched my experience, pure weed makes you cough every single toke, ruining the initial part of the experience and making one's face look like had received a good number of hard slaps.
Tobacco on the other hand has cough suppressant properties so it allows for bigger and more frequent tokes.
Also, the added dopamine from the tobacco gives a different, less psychedelic high.

Weed in UK and a few other parts of Europe is also sold after barely a few days of drying with not much curing involved, and ofcourse I'm not counting as curing the days spent in plastic bags.
When I grew my own, and dried it for a week and then cured it for 2 weeks, all in a humidity and temperature controlled box, the difference in smoothness/richness of taste and the reduction in irritation when smoked without tobacco was truly remarkable.