• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Yo!! I'm back y'all!!

Loperamide (Immodium) 20 tabs + 2 Mucinex Severe Cough capsules OR 2 Alka Seltzer PLUS Maximum Strength Cold and Cough liquid gel capsules.

I take these 6-8hrs after my last use of dope.

Neurontin (300-600mg) 2-3x/day

Lyrica (Pregablin) 150-300mg 2-3x day

Clonidine I'm not sure about this one. I know that some people find it to be a godsend for helping body temp issues.

Benzos. Self-explanatory. I'd start taking them 6-8hrs after your last dope use.

Ibuprofen. If you're able to take them. They do help with your back, etc.

What sucked for me waiting 49.5 hrs is I felt just as shitty as I do when I wait 12hrs. And it still took 4ish days to stabilize.

So, I've come to the conclusion that you either have to wait 72hrs or more to get that instant relief/antidepressant effect from subs/zubs.

Once, prior to having a sub Rx, I was unable to get subs for 3 days. When I finally got some, I took 2mgs. Within 30-40 mins I not only felt completely stable, I felt fantastic. Not high, like an incredible mood lift. That was the one and only time I ever experienced that. With loperamide and Mucinex, it's possible. Your withdrawal symptoms are alleviated. If there's any way you can make it with that assistance, and maybe a benzo, do it. It will be worth it. You won't still feel shitty for 4 or so days.

How long did you wait LM, I forget. I think I remember you mentioning yo felt crappy. I'm surprised you went through pw.

Something that's important to know is even when you wait 24hrs, you don't get instant relief from the sub. And may feel not so good for a few days until you stabilize. Not precipitated withdrawal, but not so great.

My theory about that is the sub is replacing the dope, and it's a partial not full agonist.

Hope that helps LM!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Alka Seltzer gel caps are called Alka Seltzer Plus. Not take Alka Seltzer in conjunction with cough and cold tablets.

The name of the Alka Seltzer gel capsules is "Alka Seltzer Plus Maximum Strength Cold & Cough". They're purple gel capsules that come in a box.

When I read over my post, I thought you might have not understood. They're cheaper than Mucinex.

They work though.

YOU ROCK 10!!!! Thank you so so much. This is definitely worth trying. I wont have the Lyrica or Neurontin, but again, if I have to take a trip to the ER, maybe they would be willing to give me a script for
just enough to get through a few days??? That is probably some serious wishful thinking.

Clonidine was a game changer for me years ago. I have to be very careful with it because my blood pressure is already so damn low. But it took the heebie-jeebies away and chilled me out.

thank you dear​!!!!

LM- Dammit. I just deleted a long post! Uuuggh!!

You are very welcome ?.

I take 20-25 loperamide and 2 Mucinex. I dose twice a day. Once when I get up. Then again at 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

**Disclaimer: I'm not recommending anyone else to high dose with loperamide. I'm just explaining what I do. After years of opiate abuse, this is what works for me.

The reason the cough/cold meds work is they have DXM in them. Google DXM. They explain it better than I can. They work.

It can't be just any cold meds. It has to be for cough. That's what the DXM is for. Just wanted to clarify that. It's important.

Having a few benzos with that will help too. For your anxiety. Oy. Lol.

Ibuprofen helps with back, etc. Prepare for inducting. Straighten up the house, get your laundry done. Stock up on what you like to drink. Get easy stuff to eat. Soup, pudding, ice cream, whatever is good to you.

Get something to keep your brain occupied too. Books, movies or shows you like. Write letters to people you've wanted to, but never have. Whatever keeps you occupied and calm.

The written letter is a lost art. I used to write and receive letters all the time. Everyone loves receiving a letter.

You can do it LM. I'm here for you. Love ya. ❤️

Thanks for the support 10, seriously. I was on the phone this a.m. with a 'care coordinator' from my new insurance plan. She was asking all kinds of fun, personal questions. We got right into it! Anyway, she is
currently looking around my area to see if there are any detoxes that could take me. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Or maybe it should come to that??! I do this every damn time. Balls-to-the-wall. I use right
up until I can't. And now my Dad is coming IN A WEEK!!! Oy, is right!!! I don't know how this next act is going to play out, but I will keep you posted.

Love ya back! Stay frosty!:)

LM-

Seriously, if I could get into rehab, I would do it.

Alot of them will induct you on subs, or do a quick taper. And the support.

If you don't like it, you can leave. It's just an option to think about. You've been through alot in the past few years. I wish I could give you a hug.

I would like to have someone, that knows what they're doing, to direct me to the places and programs that would benefit me. And tell me what exactly is available, there's so much I don't know.

You do what's right for you LM. I'm here for you ❤️

Ps- cold, dark and rainy in PA today. Boo.

Wanted to add - if your insurance plan covers mental health, talk to someone about your anxiety and depression.

Something struck me last night, I think I read it here on BL. It was something like, it's completely different when you decide you want to live a clean life. Not just trying to survive until you have money/can get more dope. It's a whole different mindset. I know that's not profound, but it "struck a chord". Wanting to be healthy physically, mentally and spiritually sounds awesome.

LM, I'm not lecturing you - I'm saying this because I give a shit about you - if you don't try to fix what's broken, nothing's going to change.

I swear to you, if I wasn't on Neurontin (gabapentin), I'd be using full time. Without a doubt. My anxiety, the racing thoughts, the dark, foreboding cloak that was always over me was horrible. Neurontin gives me a fighting chance at getting - and wanting to get clean.

I never felt hope before being on meds. I never could believe things might work out well. It was like I wasn't capable of it. My brain was chemically imbalanced.

There's gaba supplements. I've read and heard really great stuff about them. I wish I would've known about them.

I'm just telling you thus, because you deserve a peaceful, happy life. ❤️

Hey Lady!

How are you dearest LM?

I actually stopped in to tell you about the GABA supplements, but see I already have.

You know how I feel about Neurontin , i.e. it's life-changing, etc. I've seen (on YouTube), and read people talking about GABA supplements the same way.

One of the functions of Neurontin is it's a mood-stabilizer. It makes me realistically optimistic. I'm able to focus. It stops the racing thoughts. Helps alot with anxiety. It makes it more manageable, you're able to be rational and talk yourself down.

Not making me euphoric is how I knew it could help me. It really does stabilize my mood. I'm not all over the place, etc.

Just wanted you to have this information LM. I'm thinking of you. Hoping you're well. Whatever is going on, you can do it. I'm here for you. Wanted you to know that too. xoxo ❤️

Hello My BL Friend!

Thank you for checking in. As of this very moment, I am down to my last crumb of H. The anxiety is near but not quite settling in yet. I am going to my usual Sunday night NA meeting at 8pm. Trying to hold onto
that crumb for my return from the meeting. Sounds so hypocrital, but its a process and my head and my heart are finally in alignment. Now I just have to buckle up and get ready for a really bumpy ride!

I have only 2 Zubsolv pills left over from the last aborted detox. They are 5.7mgs. I usually cut them in half and take a half for my first dose upon induction. Maybe if I wait long enough, I will start with only
a quarter pill. I'll decide depending on how shitty I feel. This is all I have this go-round. I am super curious about Neurontin. Why is it prescribed? What is its 'true' job? And what does a person need to be
ailing from in order to justify a script?

I can do this. I have done it before. Did it in jail. The one good thing that can be said for an incarcerated detox, is that you just cannot get dope. At least I couldn't. And so it takes all of that psychological
warfare out of your brain. Then its just a physical process that runs its course. You know what I'm talking about. But your situation was by far the most frightening I have read about.

Again, if I feel like I just can't do this alone, I will head to the ER and take my chances. If they can only offer in-house detox up on their Psych ward, I may just turn around and go home. Without the offer of
any comfort meds, I'd rather be in my own bed.

Question: Do you think with the entirety of meds you take for your induction, that the addition of Mucinex or Alka Seltzer does any good? And can you tell if it does?

Thank you so much friend. It feels good knowing someone is keeping tabs on me:) Hope you are well.

I'm always keeping tabs on you LM. ❤️

You're not a hypocrite. You're right. It takes time for the heart and mind to get in the right place. Not too many of us get it the first time.

The Mucinex or Alka Seltzer gel tabs and loperamide absolutely help. There's no way I could go 49.5 hrs without it. I usually wait 12hrs. You definitely can tell they're working, you feel stable. I recommend to start taking them about 6 to 8 hrs after your last use of dope. Get them in your system.

I induct slow. I start by taking 1.5mg -2mg of Subutex. Wait 45mins to an hour. Take another 1-2 mg. Wait 45mins to an hour.

Induction doesn't feel good LM. I don't mean you should be in pw. Omg. I mean you still feel sweaty, hot and cold, weak, depressed, anxious. My theory is, it takes dope 3days to get out of your system. So the first couple days, I think I'm feeling the sub replace the dope. Not pw, but shitty. I have trouble sleeping. It takes me about 4 days to stabilize. Sub, is a partial agonist, I think that has something to do with it too.

Neurontin is prescribed for nerve pain. And also for anxiety and depression. It's a mood stabilizer as well. It really helps keep anxiety more manageable.

I don't know if I told you this, but last week I think, I skipped my Neurontin for 3 days. I had a full-blown panic attack. Like can't feel my limbs, sweating, hyperventilating, have to go outside for air at 4am. It's been awhile since I had one that severe. LM, that used to be normal for me. I dont know how I lived like that. Well, I do. Not well. I completely know why I self-medicated. Guess why I had the panic attack? Anticipating inducting.

I'm here for you LM. We have so much in common. You're going to be ok. Take the Mucinex and loperamide. If you need anything, let me know. I'll be checking the forum alot tonight. Love Ya❤️.

Something else. I think women should stick together and be supportive of each other.

When I was locked up, the women were often mean to each other. Yet, the men watched out for each other. My cell mate, was not cool. To be really kind about it. She dropped a slip on me!! Can you imagine?! I never did that. And you know how it gets in there. She tormented me. I ignored her. Except once. I calmly told her, if she didn't start being as respectful to me as I was to her, I would rip her down from her bunk by her ankles lol.

The CO didn't even care. She gave me "a talk". My cellmate was a known pain in the ass. I kept my head down and minded my own business.

I digress. Women really should look out for each other.

Hey Lady 10!!

I think that's my new pet name for you. Thank you for the private message you sent! I really appreciate it. As I mentioned in my last post, I went to my meeting last night and decided to "share" that i am
still on dope and about to detox.

As expected, I got alot of advice. In a perfect world I would be able to act on said advice. Since when is a heroin addict's life ever perfect??! The majority wanted me to commit to a detox STAT! My 86 year
old father is on his way down for a visit. I can't do a detox right now. I know it sounds like I am rationalizing, but I can't alert my dad to this situation. Or my 81 year old mother, for that matter. They

clearly have just been through too much. If I thought it might help to confess to the both of them, I would. But any way I look at it, nothing good comes of it. Except me freeing myself of the lie. And, yes, NA
thought that was a good enough idea to fuck my family up some more.

I cannot do it. Its been 15 hours since that last 'crumb'. I thought I would feel much worse (now that I said it, of course I will feel much worse) right now. Sometimes, you get a reprieve. I want to make it
until tomorrow around 1 or 2pm before I try to take the Zub.

I don't feel great, by any means. But I feel better than I would have had I taken the Zub now. I think I'm traumatized by that last experience!!! Not even kidding! So, doll face, that is where I am at. Let me know when a better time to call you is. Ok?

PRAY FOR ME!!!

Love you
;)

LM-

It's really wise that you thought through the pros and cons of telling your parents. It's not always a great idea. Maybe when you're through it, and have a couple years clean time. And even then, re-evaluate if it's a good idea. And they might even prefer not to know. You know your parents better than anyone.

PW is traumatizing. All hell breaks loose. And then some. I've read posts where people are like, "I'm going to take the sub and get it over with." They say they'll just deal with the pw. Are you kidding me. Could you just deal with getting doused with gasoline and lit on fire? Yeah, no. Very bad idea.

You know what's worse than pw (that doesn't seem possible) Narcane. If you're around someone that doesn't have of knowledge and experience with heroin/opiates, that's really scary. They'll more than likely Narcane you either way too soon, or if you might not have even needed it. We know the difference between OD'd (not breathing and blue) and "out". They don't.

I try my best to avoid Narcaning someone. I'll slap their face, throw water on them, etc. I give it 3mins. If it's still looking bad, I'll do it. It's such a traumatic experience. It shouldn't be taken lightly and unnecessarily administered.

LM, call whenever you want to. What is your area code? Just so I know it's not a SPAM call. I've been getting alot of those calls. Like an idiot, I got sucked into one of those "receive free sample" things. I've been bombarded with literally 100's of calls.

Hang in there. Love you back. ❤️

UPDATE!! Ok, so just being honest here. Last night I took the last crumb of H I had at about 10pm. Nothing the rest of the night. I cursed myself, just like I said I would!! Remember my last post? The "I thought I would feel much worse...?"

Well, it came back to kick me in the ass. Maybe two hours after that post, I started getting the dreaded restless EVERY PART OF YOUR BODY syndrome. Not having any comfort meds due to my poor planning and lack of connects for such meds....I did what I always do.

I rode my bike about 4 miles to my dealers house. I did not go with the intention of scoring a significant amount of dope. I'm broke. Which is why I am going through this shit to begin with. Also, I am tired of
living this way.

Anyhow, I just wanted a line. A break from the madness. And I got one. 17 hours after my last crumb. I have another line or two for later. Later meaning, "wait as long as frigging possible".

I know I am prolonging the inevitable, but is this not better? Putting time between use? I still have the Sub. The goal now is to once again wait and take it Wednesday. This is how it goes EVERY TIME!!!

I have your number and I feel supremely blessed! My area code is: 757. I promise I wont sell you anything!! I'm going to try to get Mucinex and Immodium tomorrow.

And yes, I agree with you on my parents. They have been down this road already with me. Supported me through my jail and prison stint. Enough already for them. In a perfect world, I wouldn't be an addict.

Talk to you soon, one way or another8)

LM-

You're not alone in delaying induction. I have, and drove myself crazy. There have been a couple times when anticipating induction has me so unnerved, I waited another day.

I think the Mucinex and loperamide (if you can get a couple benzos too, great. If not, the meds will still help) really will be a big help alleviating w/d symptoms. Try to take them for a couple days if possible. You'll probably feel alot more comfortable taking your zubs , i.e. less fear of pw. You still may not feel perfect when you take zubs. That's normal.