• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Yo!! I'm back y'all!!

There she is! Hello!

I feel you on the no social life. And that has to change. Truthfully, I feel that's probably a big part of my problem. Boredom.

Nice weather is coming soon. I'm going to have to make changes happen. Sometimes, I don't know how to make them happen.

I keep getting up when I fall. I'd just like to fall less lol. Those inductions are brutal. Paying the Piper is never fun.

I hope everyone is well today...LM, Chinup, ladyh. ❤️

I as well like the rooms of recovery!! Helps me with my isolation of this disease, My best thinking has gotten me here!!

Hey Iceman!

I find meetings uplifting a majority of the time. They also often remind me of things I've forgotten.

I understand that some people find them irritating, etc. I go through the irritation with other recovery sources. And it sucks.

When I find I'm feeling frustrated with whatever source of recovery I'm in, I try to go elsewhere. I keep my fingers crossed that it will get better. Hopefully soon. I'm on that situation currently. My support source hasnt been fulfilling or helpful or enjoyable for a very, very long time.

Hope everyone is well today.

FYI - K2 is what is in the dope.

I read about it, and it's scary! It's a very bad feeling. Just be careful everyone.

And there's reason #100 for stopping.

i thought it sounded a bit like that though not tried it. we call it spice up here. its blighting my home city. people are losing their minds cos piccadilly gardens is full of people off their heads but its just come full circle, they moved on all the junkies to regenerate it years ago, they were always gonna come back.

K2/Spice. It was all finally banned here in VA. I remember watching a really fucked up episode of Intervention, and the entire show was dedicated to people completely coming unhinged on that stuff.
Very scary. Delusions and dehydration and no concept of reality. And how strange that we all process these drugs differently. Because 10, correct me if I'm wrong....didn't your hubby do the same and
he was ok, right?

hope you all are in good spirits this evening:)

Hey!

Never would I knowingly use K2. It really was an unsettling feeling.

At one point, everything seemed hilarious. My husband and I were trying to get through it, sitting there "talking" (if you could call it that), and at one point I said, "It's like that saying 'The shoemakers kids never has shoes'. Wait. Is that really a saying. Or did I just make that up?"

Silence. Then we both burst out laughing. But -. even though I was laughing really hard, I still felt awful. From the outside, you would've thought I was having a great time! But I wasn't. It was a very weird mix of emotions to have at once.

LM, my husband felt bad from it too. I feel fortunate that I didn't completely flip out, as it could've easily happened.

There's a video of a couple smoking salvia I think, in YouTube. He jumps out of the window. I believe it's aptly titled Couple Smoking Salvia lol.

I've watched a few videos if people smoking Salvia, none of them turn out well. The same reaction is first laughing hysterically, suddenly stopping, then looking confused, then freaking out. It looks terrifying. I hope they stop lacing stuff w K2. It's so dangerous.

Hope you're well LM! Is it insanely cold in VA too? Did you also get snow in the past few days?

No snow, dammit!! Yes, it is very cold here. And my feeling is, if its going to be bone-chillingly cold, then bring me some snow!! But Virginians DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE when it snows. Its a fact. If there
is even a dusting of the stuff, schools shut down and grocery stores get wiped out.

I am currently looking for a job...fun times, right?! And navigating the unemployment benefit system. What a friggin headache. I qualify, but the employment commission had the wrong # for my direct-
deposit. So...three weeks go by. No money. WTF??? I kept filing my claims and received nada. Many aggravated phone calls later (only one of which was with an ACTUAL person), I think I'm ok this
week. I will know for sure tomorrow, when it supposedly drops.

I'm back on my stead:( Not doing as much because, well...duh! I'm unemployed) so that is probably the only good part of being jobless. Still going to NA. Another 'birthday', this time it was for one year
clean. She is so young too. In her twenties. So, good for her. Whole life ahead of her, clean & sober.

How are you doing??

Omg. I just deleted a long post. I have to come back to it later. Damnit.

Just know I'm thinking of you. I'm rooting for you. We should start a business. Like a recovery hotline. Or a sober house for women. I have some great ideas for one. You never know.

��������

I just LOVE when I spend close to an hour posting (what I think is fantastic writing), only to have it disappear???

You know I believe that your brain contains all sorts of grand and fabulous ideas! Addicts are the most enterprising of all human beings. We just have too much mis-directed energy!!
Anytime you want to throw some of those ideas at me....PLEASE DO!!:)

love ya

Where are you LM? I miss you.

I keep hoping you've posted. How's everything? Job search? I have a tremendous amount of faith in you. You're obviously very charismatic, intelligent, funny af (you make me laugh, I love you for that), charming, dependable, kind, sincere - I'm sure most anyone would love to have you as an employee.

Managing to dodge K2? For fucks sake, what asshat thought it would be a good idea to dose people, unbeknowest to them, whether you want it or not?! We both know how bad of a headspace it puts you in. Chinup mentioned that people were freaking out on it in the UK too.

Obviously, testing any substance (I mean with a test kit) you're going to put in your body needs to be priority. If we don't look out for ourselves and our safety, noone is. It's worth getting one. That goes for everyone, not just my beloved LM.

I'm serious about one day maybe having a sober house. Something else I've wanted to do is open a coffee shop. Quaint. Not too overwhelming. Great coffee, some great homemade soups, and signature foods, and some of the best of the best baked goods.

I'd like to have a place where I have lots of regular customers, a cozy, welcoming, relaxing place to be. One of the ideas swirling around in my head.

Hope you stop in girlie! ❤️

Where is a good place for a coffee shop? It can be anywhere in the US.

Hey Ten!! Of course I would frequent your coffee shop! And I would probably want to work for you:). Seems like most of my work experience has been in small-ish cafes or restaurants, doing exactly
what you wrote about it. My first real job was at a place in Rochester NY, Sweet Stuff Caf?. My boss was the wife of my Art professor. He got me the job. It was amazing. Waaay ahead of its time. Directly
next door to us, was the Little Theatre which is still there. They only showed independent and Foreign and obscure films. It was one of the best educations I ever received.

I'm sure you have a lot of great ideas. I think I do, but don't have the money to back them up:(

QUESTION FOR YA: I am about to try and re-induct on the Zubsolv again...tomorrow. I am terrified because of my last experience. Could you share with me, just how long you wait until taking that
first dose?? I swear, I thought I waited long enough last time. Turned out brutal. So I need some input. MUCHAS GRACIAS.

Hope you are well and hear from you soon!!

Hey LM!! YOU'RE HERE!

My husband can get a small business loan. Due to being a combat veteran. Not only a cobat vet, a decorated one. I mentioned that for him. He wont admit it, but I think he (vets) feel forgotten sometimes. Which adds to the depression. So later, I'll tell him I mentioned and bragged about him.

It's a one time thing. So, it needs to be well thought out. I can see myself doing something like that though. I would most definitely want to work with you!

Ok, the waiting to take subs/subs. Since we both seem to freak out from the anticipation of the waiting period, there are things that can help. LM, it's really worth figuring out and obtaining a little comfort kit.

Neurontin, Lyrica, clonidine, Mucinex severe cough capsules or Alka Seltzer PLUS Maximum Strength Cold and Cough liquid gels. They're alot cheaper than Mucinex - AS+ is about $6 for #20. Mucinex is $20. I'm not sure how many come in the pack. They both work well. Benzos, muscle relaxers, Ibuprofen, if you're able to take it. Helps with back and body aches.

I waited 49.5 hours to induct using AS+ , Loperamide and amitriptyline. Shit LM, I'll be back shortly. I have to help my husband w something. I'll be back soon. Promise.

49.5 hours???!!! Holy Crap. I know the longer the wait, the better relief and the less likely outcome of PWD's, which I guess is what I put myself through. I don't think I have it in me to wait two days. Maybe I do and I just need to suck it up. The Mucinex....I took Mucinex cough a couple months back when I had the cough/chest crud that everyone was passing around. But it was a syrup, and an expectorant. So, you are telling me to get the capsules, right? Is it Mucinex DM? I get confused:(.

If it goes totally south, I can carry my ass to the ER down the street and try to get a clonidine script or whatever else they may be willing to part with. I have no clue what the protocol is for an ER and an opiate
addict??

Thank you for responding:):). And you are right about your husband feeling forgotten. Its a problem around the country. He did a selfless thing, which is extremely admirable. And should be recognized for it.
I am so stoked for you guys if you can get this loan and put it into action!!!! RIGHT ON!

WHAT JUST HAPPENED????!!!:X My entire post just POOF, vanished?! ARRRGH!

Anyhoo-Thank you 10 for responding! 49.5 hours is a loooong time! I don't know if I have it in me to wait that long. Maybe I just need to suck it up. I know the longer the wait, the better the outcome. I
cannot go through another killer induction.

The Mucinex that you talk of...gotta be capsules? And is it Mucinex DM? I get confused because there are so many options. I didn't know that Alka Seltzer Plus helped, so that is some new info. And I am willing
to try anything. Worst case scenario, I will go to the ER and see what their protocol is for withdrawing opiate addicts. I have used Clonidine in the past and I know how great it is for the restlessness.

You are right about vets feeling forgotten. Its a problem around the country. What your husband did was a selfless act and its extremely admirable. He should be recognized for it, today and always. And I think
its awesome that you can get a loan and open a business!! I am STOKED for ya! You are smart, you will make a plan and think things through. Best of luck, chica:p

Wow. I just typed two, almost identical posts because I thought the first one somehow disappeared? So, yeah, that happened:?

Thank You:), Kmccarttt! Years ago, I used to troll the website searching for any and all info on heroin addiction. I couldn't believe a site like this existed. And what a true blessing it is. I have learned so
much from so many wonderful people here. I would praise the site to anyone who would listen. Now, I am once again (sad, repetitive story of my life) trying to slay the beast that is heroin addiction.

Hope you are well, and if not, I hope wellness is on the horizon!

Hey 10 Dear,

when you get a moment....I know we are not identical, but we seem quite similar in that we both suffer from anxiety and depression and extreme anxiety when it comes to induction. So....could you, would you,
please give me some sort of list of what you take and when of the OTC drugs and anything else that helps BEFORE taking that first Sub dose? I will try, as you advised, to put together a comfort med kit. Again, the Mucinex was a new bit of info for me. Same for the Alka Seltzer. I used to love to eat those lozenges when I was a kid!? Should of known then that something was wrong with me!

Thank you and no pressure, hahah=D